Voiding warranty - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Voiding warranty

What are the best bolt ons that won't void the factory warranty?
BadAssStang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssStang07 View Post
What are the best bolt ons that won't void the factory warranty?
Axle back pretty much.supposedly anythings by ford but still has to be tuned either way they have to prove that the tune messed up anything on the motor
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Stick with Ford parts installed by a Ford Technician and you can do quite a bit man. From CNC Heads to Full Exhaust. Mostly NA(Naturally Aspirated) stuff, but I've seen a few 400whp NA Mustangs. I think there is more pride to be taken into a NA Mustang vs FI(Forced Induction). More thought and work put into it. (Its easy to bolt on a supercharger or turbo, but no thought put into it.)
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo_281GT View Post
Stick with Ford parts installed by a Ford Technician and you can do quite a bit man. From CNC Heads to Full Exhaust. Mostly NA(Naturally Aspirated) stuff, but I've seen a few 400whp NA Mustangs. I think there is more pride to be taken into a NA Mustang vs FI(Forced Induction). More thought and work put into it. (Its easy to bolt on a supercharger or turbo, but no thought put into it.)
Alright that helped alot, now I have an idea on where to start, thanks.
BadAssStang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
The Magnussen-Moss Act closely restricts the warranty abuses by the manufacturers and dealers. They have to prove that your modifications caused failure, and the voiding of warranties only extends to the parts that are broken because of the modifications. An example: You put a custom tune in your car and then take it to the dealer for some other service work. They discover your custom tune. They cannot void your warranty because there is no failure. That being said, IF your engine grenaded and then they found the tune, you would lose your warranty on the engine. Another example: you install a Whipple supercharger and the engine blows up.... the warranty on the engine would be void. But if, after the Whipple is installed your paint starts peeling off, they cannot void the warranty on the paint.

Keeping Your Mod's Warranty Intact - For Dummies
Old 07-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister07 View Post
The Magnussen-Moss Act closely restricts the warranty abuses by the manufacturers and dealers. They have to prove that your modifications caused failure, and the voiding of warranties only extends to the parts that are broken because of the modifications. An example: You put a custom tune in your car and then take it to the dealer for some other service work. They discover your custom tune. They cannot void your warranty because there is no failure. That being said, IF your engine grenaded and then they found the tune, you would lose your warranty on the engine. Another example: you install a Whipple supercharger and the engine blows up.... the warranty on the engine would be void. But if, after the Whipple is installed your paint starts peeling off, they cannot void the warranty on the paint.

+1
Old 07-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
you clearly know NOTHING if you think less work or thought gets put into a forced induction engine !!! your a moron IMO
and and and I DRIVE IT LIKE I STOLE IT !!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K_QJ...ure=plcp<br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWfvYVYlfio&feature=plcp
Sirtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtat View Post

you clearly know NOTHING if you think less work or thought gets put into a forced induction engine !!! your a moron IMO
+1 just as much thought if not more because of added variables.
Wolverine0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtat View Post
Don't take offense...I was only pointing out; it's easier to say, "I want to SC my car", rather than sit down and look at all of the other upgrades you can make to your motor. CNC Heads, Cams, Charge Motion Plates, TBI, Forged Pistons, etc. etc.

Granted, it gets really expensive when you start looking into head work and rebuilding a motor. But I find more pride in it. IMO.

To each is own.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+2

Fred2000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Better check with Ford. I was told that even if Ford installs a FRRP part, it can still have an effect on your warranty. Seems weird but ask them.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Don't take offense...I was only pointing out; it's easier to say, "I want to SC my car", rather than sit down and look at all of the other upgrades you can make to your motor. CNC Heads, Cams, Charge Motion Plates, TBI, Forged Pistons, etc. etc.

Granted, it gets really expensive when you start looking into head work and rebuilding a motor. But I find more pride in it. IMO.

To each is own.
Dunno about you, but all that work is occurring as well as an s/c.
Wolverine0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:02 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

I know from personal experience. The Magnussen-Moss act is pretty much useless. Unless you have deep pockets. I had a warranty company (not ford) almost deny me warranty work on my vehicle just because I changed the size of my wheels and tires, and a CAI,they did the warranty work on my cam phasers, but a week later I got a letter in the mail stating they would deny all warranty work unless I put my vehicle back to stock. So unless you have money to pay a lawer and go to court..just leave it stock untill the warranty is up..
Black05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:06 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black05gt View Post

I know from personal experience. The Magnussen-Moss act is pretty much useless. Unless you have deep pockets. I had a warranty company (not ford) almost deny me warranty work on my vehicle just because I changed the size of my wheels and tires, and a CAI,they did the warranty work on my cam phasers, but a week later I got a letter in the mail stating they would deny all warranty work unless I put my vehicle back to stock. So unless you have money to pay a lawer and go to court..just leave it stock untill the warranty is up..
Read your warranty. You do not need money or a lawyer. All warranty disputes go to arbitration and the process is free.
thejohncarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejohncarlson View Post

Read your warranty. You do not need money or a lawyer. All warranty disputes go to arbitration and the process is free.
Ok.. have you personally tried it?? I have. I know that a warranty company."ford" or whoever. Can and will use anything you have done to your car to deny any work they want.. bring up the Magnussen-Moss act. And they basically laugh at you.. good luck fighting them. Their pockets are way deeper than yours. And if you do have the money to fight it. You should just put the money in fixing the car yourself.
Black05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:31 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black05gt View Post

Ok.. have you personally tried it?? I have. I know that a warranty company."ford" or whoever. Can and will use anything you have done to your car to deny any work they want.. bring up the Magnussen-Moss act. And they basically laugh at you.. good luck fighting them. Their pockets are way deeper than yours. And if you do have the money to fight it. You should just put the money in fixing the car yourself.
You went through BBB arbitration? (The Better Business Bureau administers Ford's arbitration)

It seems strange to me that you would continue to talk about the cost after going through this free process.

I do know one person who has been through it and they offered him a settlement before it ever went to arbitration. He took the money and it cost him nothing. No money and no time.

There are many factors at play and every case is different but to say that you have to be rich and have a team of lawyers is flat out wrong.
thejohncarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine0587 View Post
Dunno about you, but all that work is occurring as well as an s/c.
You're right.....personally I feel N/A is more personal. If you build for a S/C and then go the whole nine yards, it's even better. Most people just slap a basic S/C on and roll with it. That's the truth. I have more respect for the group of individuals (like you) who take time and plan out their build.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I took my '07 Roush into the Ford dealer for the airbag recall and they found my CAI and asked if I had a tune in it. I said yes, and then they told me my warranty was void. I contacted the California Bureau of Automotive Repair. They sent me a copy of the Magnussen-Moss Act and then they arranged an appointment at another dealer for the recall work. The service manager of the first dealership called me a few days later and apologized, and he sent me a handful of oil change vouchers. Most states have something similar to the BAR, and they have a lot of clout.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I took my '07 Roush into the Ford dealer for the airbag recall and they found my CAI and asked if I had a tune in it. I said yes, and then they told me my warranty was void. I contacted the California Bureau of Automotive Repair. They sent me a copy of the Magnussen-Moss Act and then they arranged an appointment at another dealer for the recall work. The service manager of the first dealership called me a few days later and apologized, and he sent me a handful of oil change vouchers. Most states have something similar to the BAR, and they have a lot of clout.
That's awesome! I've never had issues bit it's good to know it works!
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT