I cant brake stand... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I cant brake stand...

So I tried a brake stand today and while I've go it pretty much nailed in the automatic. I can't seem to do it in my 06 gt manual. I rev it up to around 5k, drop the clutch, and slam the brakes. And strangely enough the Rpms sink down very slowly over the course of about 3 seconds to the point where it stalls. what am I doing wrong?
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
ummmmmm.......

Is hour traction control off? I watched a guy in a vette do this on Woodward Ave for 10 minutes......

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Or your pushing that brake way too hard dude

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Or your pushing that brake way too hard dude
dr.gsxr1000nos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:11 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 03:38 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Usually i push break heard and gas light and slowly let of the break and push the gas harder till the tires start burning!!!!
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:42 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

A brake stand is a thousand times harder in a manual than an auto. Make sure traction control is off and let your foot off the brakes a little
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:29 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

drop your clutch and don't slam on your breaks but put enough pressure to come to a rolling but quick stop. also you can wet the ground to practice first make it slick
Old 08-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Unless your running 18" slicks, then you better carry around some jugs of baby oil.....
Old 08-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
What is the point anyway I don't see any sense in putting that kind of strain on your car. What just to burn up some tires?
Mystic96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I'm able to do them at will in my '06 GT manual. It seems that you know how to do it since what you described is pretty much exactly how I do it except I don't rev it to 5k to do it, I usually stick to around 3500. I usually rev it, dump the clutch, hit the brake and then let off it until I start moving then very lightly push it back down until the car comes to a complete stop. I also keep throttling the gas the entire time so it's not just sitting at one RPM for the whole time.

Basically, it sounds like you are just hitting the brakes too hard or have the TC on. There's a fine line for sure between the brake and gas.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic96 View Post
What is the point anyway I don't see any sense in putting that kind of strain on your car. What just to burn up some tires?
It is pretty pointless, but it is pretty frickin exhilarating when you are doing it and is definitely kind of awesome to do lol.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

It's more exhilerating for me to feel the extra Gs from zero to 60. Any car can power brake at least that's what we called it in the "70"s I did it in my Moms Dodge Colt with a 4 banger and 5 spd. Doesn't impress me or many people IMHO to just burn up money via tires I'd rather burn em up drivin it rather than sittin still. What impresses me is a car that can just stomp the gas and roast the tires no clutch or brake just pure power!
Old 08-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

wow

My first stang was a 79 Indy pace car, then a 82 gt, 84gt, 93lx coupe, 88 t-top gt, 96 cobra conv, 05 gt cp, 07 gt conv, and about to pick up a new..... shhh one of you may know my wife and ruin my plans.
AND I HAVE KILLED TIRES ON EVERY ONE OF THEM, THATS WHY THEY ARE MUSCLE CARS.
MY DAD STILL DOES BURN OUTS WITH HIS 70 charger and 71 demon....... and he took best of show at the Mopar nats two years ago with the car.
I wash my cars to get the rubber off, not to put in in a show room.....
Whatever floats your boat I guess.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic96 View Post
It's more exhilerating for me to feel the extra Gs from zero to 60. Any car can power brake at least that's what we called it in the "70"s I did it in my Moms Dodge Colt with a 4 banger and 5 spd. Doesn't impress me or many people IMOH to just burn up money via tires I'd rather burn em up drivin it rather than sittin still. What impresses me is a car that can just stomp the gas and roast the tires no clutch or brake just pure power!
+1!
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

U misunderstand I do burnouts all the time I am talking about just holdin a brake n spinning the tires doesn't impress me. I could do it in my '74 Vega auto 4 cyl done it on muscle bikes til the tire popped just sayin performance is what impresses me. Like this the burnout Ubnbit did in his Snake at the ME get together in Fulton.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130805_112859.png
Views:	714
Size:	311.8 KB
ID:	122081
Old 08-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

takes skill

I watched a guy in a stroked fox body ride out a burnout 150 yards last year at Woodward ave. standing still, no, but moving like that...... impressive. And crazy.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

That's what I'm talkin bout brother!!!!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.gsxr1000nos View Post
My first stang was a 79 Indy pace car, then a 82 gt, 84gt, 93lx coupe, 88 t-top gt, 96 cobra conv, 05 gt cp, 07 gt conv, and about to pick up a new..... shhh one of you may know my wife and ruin my plans.
AND I HAVE KILLED TIRES ON EVERY ONE OF THEM, THATS WHY THEY ARE MUSCLE CARS.
MY DAD STILL DOES BURN OUTS WITH HIS 70 charger and 71 demon....... and he took best of show at the Mopar nats two years ago with the car.
I wash my cars to get the rubber off, not to put in in a show room.....
Whatever floats your boat I guess.
Did I teleport to a freakin Dodge forum no offense but Snakes bite they don't sting I really don't care what ur Daddy does in a Dodge. Didn't he teach u not to step off and yell at people for voicing an opinion good grief. I just don't see a point nor does it impress me to just burn up money, now if ur Daddy n u got it to burn then just light em up! Personally my hair's turnin white, my neck's always been red and my collar's still blue so honestly I can't afford it I'll just continue to watch n shake my head. Oh but I will when it quits rainin put the race tune on Ursula n video a burnout to post fer ya. IMHO a brakestand or powerbraking is for cars that don't have enough power to do a real burnout.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I wasn't voicing anything in a negative light at all or calling anyone out for what they do ,or do not do. I talk about myself, I checked over my post again and did not see where I could have offended you....?
And I did not know we couldn't talk about other muscle cars in general on this forum.....
And he is my dad, not my daddy, that's just weird....
I do like your mystic cobra though.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.gsxr1000nos
I wasn't voicing anything in a negative light at all or calling anyone out for what they do ,or do not do. I talk about myself, I checked over my post again and did not see where I could have offended you....?
And I did not know we couldn't talk about other muscle cars in general on this forum.....
And he is my dad, not my daddy, that's just weird....
I agree...didn't seem like you were yelling at anyone in your post or say anything negative. Just stating your opinion. Some people get angry pretty easily on this forum.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
What is with the negativity lately? Some people need to get laid... or install a new part or something...
Wolverine0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Aren't all caps still considered yelling on forums and chat venues. Because that is what I was referring to in my experience when someone types in all capital letters such as u did it is commonly known to be yelling on the internet. If you didn't mean u were yelling by typing in caps then disregard all previous comments to that regard. But for future reference most folks especially seniors like me see capitals as yelling or screaming but anyways the point was I don't see a point so GUY WHO STARTED THIS THREAD IMHO don't worry if u can't "powerbrake" it's pointless, if ur car isn't powerfull enough to do a burnout with a stick start modifying it. Again my opinion which is mine I offered my opinion u didn't like my opinion so let's just agree to disagree.
Namaste brother
Old 08-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

No problem here, I had no idea caps meant yelling...
Were all good
And I love your car, I had a 96 cobra conv and it was my favorite one I have had to date.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT