SUPERCHARGER - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-05-2013, 05:10 AM   #1

Region: Canada
SUPERCHARGER

GT 2005. I'm looking for increase my HP/ Torque by a supercharger. ROUSH could give me 550 HP for 7K. What else I need to take in consideration and change for have the maximum performance and how much than could cost me. I know I will need to make stronger my frame change my headers and cat pipe. About gear what I need to know.

Tell me all you know guys is a big investment and I want the best. Cheers
Echelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 05:25 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
once you go over 500 hp you have to forge your block because all that compression will blow a hole through the bottom
Old 08-05-2013, 07:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey herron View Post
once you go over 500 hp you have to forge your block because all that compression will blow a hole through the bottom
Humm ok. So what is gonna be my best bet. Is it better to buy a new engine 5.0l 302 boss 10k for 444 HP or buy a supercharger les powerfull. Any suggestion/idea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

If you buy a supercharger, you're good for a "safe" 450 horsepower to the wheels which beats a 5.0's 444 to the crank. Then, if you want more power, which lets be honest, you will! Then you have to get your bottom end forged. This means forged h beam rods, forged pistons and a forged crankshaft. The parts for this will cost you another $2, 000 from mmr for a 5.0 stroker! That means you make your 4.6L 289 engine a 302 5.0L and it is supercharged and capable of up to 850-900 horsepower! (All depending on what forged kit you get)

Now, its not just this simple. Keep in mind you have to pay for installation fees as this is a very large job, a new fuel system to feel your new beast of an engine (gt500 fuel pumps, boost a pump, new bigger injectors, possible new fuel rails), you have to pay for new spark plugs (must change for just supercharge/turbo also), a new driveshaft to handle all the power (will need this preferably after 600 hp^trq), a tuner (you will need this no matter what!) And to pay for dyno time and custom dyno tunes (if you do it all at once, you save time and money, maybe the shop will give you a deal if they do installs also).

This is all to make a BULLETPROOF monster. After these mods, the car will go like crazy and keep hauling ***!

Final note of advice. DONT GO WITH ROUSH/EDELBROCK/VORTEC/PROCHARGER/PAXTON! This is just my personal preference, but centrifugal blowers are a waste of time and money in my opinion, if you want to go that route, go for a turbo! Much more power potential, better for the car and much easier to work with and to tune. If you are dead set on a supercharger, go with a twin screw. Now, I don't prefer roush because I feel like you're just paying for the name and logo with that blower and Its much uglier in my opinion. Kenne bell and whipple make the absolute BEST twin screw supercharsuperchargers out there! They have the highest power making potential, look much better, sound better and are just bad *** for the same amount of money! Why do you think the whipple is used on the ford gt?! Its a ford racing product ;p
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #5

Wow this is a very good information. So I go for 450 HP for less cost or for the total one humm is a good question I have 10K budget for that including the installation and all part headers/cat pipe ... If I go just for the supercharger I think I will have enough. But if I go for the total and forge do you think 10k is enough is my budget. Thanks for your nice information mate
Old 08-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #6

Ok if I didn't install a supercharger what about change the engine for : Ford racing 427 CI 535 HP. Maybe at the end is gonna be less expensive but with almost the same result than a supercharger
Old 08-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It won't be the same result because ypu won't make as much torque and it will cost you over $10, 000 to buy the engine, get it installed, etc. Your best bet is to supercharge it with a whipple, it will run you $8,000 all in for supporting mods. Then wait for a year or two and enjoy it! Then after that year or two forge it. That will run you another $3, 500.
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
Ok if I didn't install a supercharger what about change the engine for : Ford racing 427 CI 535 HP. Maybe at the end is gonna be less expensive but with almost the same result than a supercharger
Oh it'll be ALOT more expensive.

You'll have to change your k member in addition to ALOT of custom work to make it work on a car that came with a modular engine.

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT