Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Oil leak on top drivers side

984 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dr.gsxr1000nos 
#1 ·
Hello all....I've only had this car for two weeks and noticed this today when I went to check the oil. This leak appears to be coming from the top for the engine on the drivers side only. It's a 2008 4.6L. Anyone ever seen this before? The car only has 37000 miles on it.
Auto part Fuel line Engine Automotive fuel system Automotive engine part

Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Pipe

See less See more
#3 ·
That will be my safe recommendation, clean it up, infact

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

If you lift your car I'll clean the bottom too, that way you could tell detect any leaks in future inspections...

#4 ·
I would clean it with simple green and hose it off while the engine idles. Go for a ride after to dry up the coils. Garden hose pressure, not a pressure wash.

#6 ·
We could go over this and bicker, I clean all my motors, and have no problems. Many fleet companies that used ford vans and trucks, 4.6/5.4, like Uhaul and enterprise, all clean under the hoods, mostly with pressure washers. My company uses many test vehicles from ford and its required at every 5000 miles to be done with all the checks and fluid samples. Not one problem, and we use pressure on them.
Not telling anyone to use pressure, but a garden hose will not hurt in my opinion and has not in any of my experiences....
I am really not looking to fight with anyone over this guys, just explaining my reasons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.