Intercooler - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-16-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Intercooler

I have a n/a 07 mustang gt and I was wondering if it would work on my car and if it would fit and increase horsepower? I need some help so any ideas.
BadAssStang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
If your n/a you have no use for an intercooler.
S281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
^ +1

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
You dont even need one for low boost, so it would be pointless and a waste of money
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
You dont even need one for low boost, so it would be pointless and a waste of money
Errr wrong a inner cooler is almost a must for boost it cools the air down witch in turn lets u run more boost with the same octane and no he doesn't need one for n/a that would be a huge waste of money
Old 08-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post
Errr wrong a inner cooler is almost a must for boost it cools the air down witch in turn lets u run more boost with the same octane and no he doesn't need one for n/a that would be a huge waste of money
Why don't Vortech superchargers need an Aftercooler or an intercooler?

Vortech Engineering, LLC has conducted extensive testing of most intercoolers/aftercoolers currently on the market. Test results indicate that for street driven purposes below 8-9 PSIG, installing an aftercooler has marginal effects when using a Vortech supercharger (due to the high efficiency of the supercharger). Nearly all of the intercoolers/aftercoolers available on the market have poor effectiveness and actually can cause parasitic losses equal to or greater than the power gained by installing a intercooler/aftercooler. Vortech has developed systems which are substantially more effective at lowering discharge temperatures without causing driveability problems and pressure drops thru the cooling core and ducting.

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
Old 08-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemar View Post

Why don't Vortech superchargers need an Aftercooler or an intercooler?

Vortech Engineering, LLC has conducted extensive testing of most intercoolers/aftercoolers currently on the market. Test results indicate that for street driven purposes below 8-9 PSIG, installing an aftercooler has marginal effects when using a Vortech supercharger (due to the high efficiency of the supercharger). Nearly all of the intercoolers/aftercoolers available on the market have poor effectiveness and actually can cause parasitic losses equal to or greater than the power gained by installing a intercooler/aftercooler. Vortech has developed systems which are substantially more effective at lowering discharge temperatures without causing driveability problems and pressure drops thru the cooling core and ducting.
True ..... Every one uses a short fat inner cooler for some reason and there not that great but a tall skinny inner cooler like the one on my 2.3t is alot more effective and hardly any pressure drop bc it has more surface area as for after coolers idk never used on but you will make more power with a innercooler you just have to turn the boost up to compensate for the psi drop
Old 08-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yes once you start turning up the boost they are a most have
On a side note I'm helping a buddy restore an 86 SVO

Old 08-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Its best to run and intercooler but for low boost it can run safely without it
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemar View Post
Yes once you start turning up the boost they are a most have
On a side note I'm helping a buddy restore an 86 SVO
I wish I still had my old fox

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT