Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Axleback Project!

4K views 61 replies 13 participants last post by  Jsansom 
#1 ·
So I had a dream that I made some custom homemade mufflers/axlebacks. So Sunday night I started the dream into reality. I am starting out with 2.5" inner tube and my outer shell will be 4". So far I got my 2.5" exhaust pipe, headed to my buddies and had him flare it out for me just in case I decided to go that route while making the entire axleback, if not I will cut it off and just buttweld the entire thing (which was my normal process anyways). I will have a picture up in a few minutes, 96 holes in each inner tube.. I don't know what I would do without my drill press.

#44 ·
That's awesome! my first car was a 2000 cavalier so don't feel bad. but thanks! It came out pretty good I think.

#47 ·
that's a good question haha, didn't really ever think that far.

#49 ·
hahah hey that would help me save up for my engine rebuild faster! :thumb:

#54 ·
Seriously, you could make your own line of Exhaust for the S197's. Even develop a nice logo. I'm all for Entrepreneurship! $350 Shipped is a nice deal for custom work. Although....you might consider making about a dozen ahead of time and then give a four week lead time for new orders. Lol....I've gone too far.

#55 ·
That is a good idea, and creating a logo wouldn't be hard. I have photoshop and made all my engine decals for when I built kart motors for people around the country. That's a lot of mufflers to make haha. I would need a jig!

#58 ·
Alright boys you asked and I delivered! Even a day early! Here is a video of the exhaust, I had my brother record it. The first part of the video is exiting out of the bend in 2nd and the last part of I am entering the bend in 3rd. Hope this pleases all! :)

2006 GT Exhaust WOT - YouTube

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.