Future to do list - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Future to do list

Hey all. For the long run I'm looking to get the following items for my 07 gt so if you could post things I'd need to buy(tools or extras) or tips to install do when I eventually get them I can reference this page that'd be great. Also brands would be good

Suspension (lowering springs, new shocks struts, and thicker sway bars)

4.10 gears (do I just need the gears or do I need the gear install kit for like 100$ more)

Short shifter

Exhaust (headers and mid pipe, I already have Borla axlebacks)

Appearance (I like the cobra front bumper but can't find it for my 07 gt and I like having 4 big lights instead of 2+2 small, cervini ram air hood or cowl hood, rear window louvers, quarter panel scoops and side scoops, gt500 or ducktail spoiler)

I already have stop tech slotted brakes and foose wheels that I like so no wheel or brake upgrades for me. And I have a sound system that is perfect for my liking

I appreciate any input and I will e referencing this page during my installs/purchases
hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
gear install kit definately. that'll be everything you need to get the job done correctly.

As for tools with the suspension and exhaust I'd recommend an impact gun. I got a kobalt gun from lowes rated at 350lb of torque (electric) with a three year warranty and all the sockets I needed from lowes for 120 dollars during fathers day, shop around and see if you can find any deals. That has to be one of the single greatest items I've bought when it comes to working on the car. A good torque wrench and loctite will be needed as well to make sure your tightening everything down correctly.
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbs View Post
Hey all. For the long run I'm looking to get the following items for my 07 gt so if you could post things I'd need to buy(tools or extras) or tips to install do when I eventually get them I can reference this page that'd be great. Also brands would be good

Suspension (lowering springs, new shocks struts, and thicker sway bars)

4.10 gears (do I just need the gears or do I need the gear install kit for like 100$ more)

Short shifter

Exhaust (headers and mid pipe, I already have Borla axlebacks)

Appearance (I like the cobra front bumper but can't find it for my 07 gt and I like having 4 big lights instead of 2+2 small, cervini ram air hood or cowl hood, rear window louvers, quarter panel scoops and side scoops, gt500 or ducktail spoiler)

I already have stop tech slotted brakes and foose wheels that I like so no wheel or brake upgrades for me. And I have a sound system that is perfect for my liking

I appreciate any input and I will e referencing this page during my installs/purchases
Suspension Eibach is a good brand, they have many different options on springs on what kind of drop you're looking for. You'll be fine with the stock sway bars, however if you don't mind spending money on them Eibach also has good sway bars along with steeda. Basic hand tools should get these jobs done, a spring compressor should be used on swapping springs for your safety. It's an easy job.

Gears you should go with the install kit, might as well fix it right while you're in there. Shop needs to install these, then you have to break in the gears, like 500 easy driven miles.

Short shifter go with MGW its a very reputable shifter, everyone seems to love them. Little basic tools will get this job done.

Exhaust there are many good brands Kooks, BBK, Stainless works, JBA, and Mac. On headers go with longtubes since they gain more power than shorties. Also get ceramic coated headers if not get chrome ones and have them stripped and ceramic coated. Mid pipes are gonna be up to you whether you want cats or no cats, I recommend catless since its louder and less restrictive how ever high flow cat are good too. Again go with one of those brands.

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post

Suspension Eibach is a good brand, they have many different options on springs on what kind of drop you're looking for. You'll be fine with the stock sway bars, however if you don't mind spending money on them Eibach also has good sway bars along with steeda. Basic hand tools should get these jobs done, a spring compressor should be used on swapping springs for your safety. It's an easy job.

Gears you should go with the install kit, might as well fix it right while you're in there. Shop needs to install these, then you have to break in the gears, like 500 easy driven miles.

Short shifter go with MGW its a very reputable shifter, everyone seems to love them. Little basic tools will get this job done.

Exhaust there are many good brands Kooks, BBK, Stainless works, JBA, and Mac. On headers go with longtubes since they gain more power than shorties. Also get ceramic coated headers if not get chrome ones and have them stripped and ceramic coated. Mid pipes are gonna be up to you whether you want cats or no cats, I recommend catless since its louder and less restrictive how ever high flow cat are good too. Again go with one of those brands.
Thanks! About those sway bars, die anyone on this forum have aftermarket sways nd does it make a difference or should I just get the springs and out the money towards something else?
Old 09-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

i just put an in an order for stillen sway bars, 189 for non adjustable back and adjustable front. plus free shipping. I plan on autocrossing more next year so I'm trying to build up my suspension some more. Had another forum member on here that said that mod was his favorite. I'll let you know how much of a difference it makes when they come in and I install them.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 610swolf View Post
i just put an in an order for stillen sway bars, 189 for non adjustable back and adjustable front. plus free shipping. I plan on autocrossing more next year so I'm trying to build up my suspension some more. Had another forum member on here that said that mod was his favorite. I'll let you know how much of a difference it makes when they come in and I install them.
Sounds sweet! Thanks man. Where did you buy them for 189?
Old 09-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbs View Post
Sounds sweet! Thanks man. Where did you buy them for 189?
stillen.com!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Nice. So 189 for both sways, probably like 200 for springs right? I'm wondering how much the whole suspension package would cost and if I should also replace my shocks and struts
Old 09-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
There are packages on American muscle for like a grand

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT