Need help, I'm freakin out - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Need help, I'm freakin out

Today while out riding with my fam we stopped for about 10 minutes at sonic while we waited with our food. car idling. When we pulled out I hear this rattling clickly sound so I take it back home to investigate.,

Whatever the hell it is it's coming from the right side of the engine. Me, my neighbor and AzureMach1 looked at it and my neighbor said he thinks it may be a stuck lifter. I really don't want to take my car to any shop but something like that i wouldn't be able to handle. Is there any freaking thing I can look at or pull to see what exactly this is!

Also how soon does a stuck lifter hurt your car, my neighbor said he could take a few miles to hurt the engine. He was also commenting on the idle saying it was a little rough. What do I do!
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Take it to a reliable auto repair shop and have it correctly diagnosed.

Sorry to hear about your problems.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
so wanted to give a quick update just in case anyone else ever has an issue similar to this. After getting the run around with the extended warranty I said screw it and took it to a friend of mines shop to diagnose the noise. Turned out to be a worn rocker arm which the tech is pretty sure came defective as nothing else was off except the one rocker. Changed out rocker and lifter and car runs just fine now. I know there's a million causes of engine tick but if your ever in doubt this may be a good place to start.
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

Ok..... Glad you got it fixed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT