New back bumper and foam. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
New back bumper and foam.

Hello all, so today I hydroplaned in the heavy rains of florida doing about 50, spun round a few times and ended up hitting a tree backwards, the foam is cracked and the back bumper is smashed up along with all the clips holding it in place..

I know I need a new rear bumper, but what else might I need? Where should I go to get it? I can do the install myself. I'm just looking for some guidance.

Also. What can I expect to pay to have the new rear bumper painted?

Thanks a ton.
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Well I guess the first question would be do you want to keep the stock bumper look or do you want to try a new look!

If you want keep stock then I would recommend surfing Craig's list for someone who is replacing with a body kit or has a front wrecked selling for parts! I have done this several times in the past with other cars and got great deals it is amazing what people will give stuff away for just to get it out of their hair!

There is also several places that sell semi stock looking rears with minor changes it is all preference.

That foam is form support for the body panels I would recommend getting a new one if the damaged one is in pretty bad shape! Now keep in mind if you decide to do a body kit you will have to shave the shape of that foam because after market don't really fit the stock foam! Hoped this helped if you got any q's message me always glad to help!
Midnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnite View Post
Well I guess the first question would be do you want to keep the stock bumper look or do you want to try a new look! If you want keep stock then I would recommend surfing Craig's list for someone who is replacing with a body kit or has a front wrecked selling for parts! I have done this several times in the past with other cars and got great deals it is amazing what people will give stuff away for just to get it out of their hair! There is also several places that sell semi stock looking rears with minor changes it is all preference. That foam is form support for the body panels I would recommend getting a new one if the damaged one is in pretty bad shape! Now keep in mind if you decide to do a body kit you will have to shave the shape of that foam because after market don't really fit the stock foam! Hoped this helped if you got any q's message me always glad to help!
Wow Midnite thanks for the help my man. I'm just stressed way out. Gonna start sourcing
Parts and calling shops. I'll keep posting in this thread as I do.. Gonna go after the gt500 style rear bumper!
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
You will like that look. I have that bumper, since it came stock on the GT/CS models.

Sorry to hear about the accident, but I am glad you are okay. Cars can always be fixed.

Check out AM they have the rear bumper cover with diffuser that you are looking for.
2008 GT/CS - {SLP Loudmouth Axle Back Exhaust- SR Strut Tower Brace - Raxiom Sequential Tail Light Kit - C&L Street CAI - Bama Tune - FRPP Lowering Springs - FRPP Rear Sway Bar - FRPP Struts & Shocks - BMR TCA032 LCAs}
jellyroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

What part of fl you from and I had the same thing happen to me but I just went into the ditch smashing my front bumper
Invision27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Happened on A1A headed south from work at ace hardware in ponte vedra. I live in the null zone between nocatee and PV.

Can anyone tell me where I can get the foam that exploded under my bumper? Or do I need to call ford for that? Also if I could get some pointers as to what hardware I might need that would be awesome. I plan on posting pictures once I get the chance.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I live in saint augustine that's not far at all and u would say to get the foam from ford
Invision27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT