Alignment/ - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Kentucky

Ok so after doing my breaks and rotors I noticed that my drivers side tire was getting some killer wear on the inside near the fender. So I figured it was about time to go in for an alignment and get some new tires. I have an appointment to go in today to Firestone and check the alignment and put on the new front tires but I want some information first off.
Who here has had there ball joints replaced. I heard it's a common issue on our years and also heard rather than just replacing the joint Ford recommends the whole control arm be replaced... I've looked up various posts on other forums where members just replaced the joint with steedas or Moogs and where good to go.
To make it clear I'm not sure if I'm experencing an issue with the joints but the wear on the tire is very extreme. It's literally down to the wire in certain spots on it. I would post up pictures of it but I'm currently at work. None of my other tires is nowehere near as bad as that one and I'm looking for a cause. The ball joints, tie rod ends and bad wheel hub bearings are all I can think other than the driver side front of my car being way off alignment...
Also when I had the front wheels of my car off, I did play with the wheel some turning and such and it wouldn't budge... and I turned the steering wheel while it was up in the air and no creaking noises or anything... I'm stumped!

610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Georgia
have them make sure ball joint is what it is.. then told me that and 800 and i told them no.. 800 dollars just cause my tires wont align when and got the 20$ eibach caber bolts cause mustangs dont have camber bolts from the factory thats why they want to repalce the the hole if your tires wont align... just get the 20$ bolts and my tire wear has been normal ever sence
Blown05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT