Suggestions please! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Suggestions please!

We'll my 06 mustang was taken to the dealer since it overheated. It was taken care by my extended warranty Portfolio, it took 1 month to get everything approve and get it fix... Here is where I'm asking for your assistance after the car was fix car will run rough. It has been at the dealer 2 months and they can't still diagnose why it's running rough. So it has been at the dealer for a total of 3 months....
I can't use a lemon law lawyer since my car is 06 model and have own the car since January 2012.
Portfolio insurance can't issue me a rental car since the car for fix for what it was taken in for, the problem started after they finish the job.
I have been talking with the dealer and all they say we haven't found the issue and we should know by next week. Obviously something is wrong since it has past 2 months from car running rough...
Any advice will be appreciated since I'm planning to go to the dealer tomorrow or fir and talk to the manager again...
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
if they cant figure it out soon then bite the bullet... take it back and bring it to a mechanic and have them fix it and pay out your own pocket.
Mustangman705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah that is an option but why will I need to pay when car was not running rough when I took it in... I'm going to see if they let me take the car to another dealer but I'm sure they not going to like that idea since dealer will need to pay the other dealer I'm assuming...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah that is an option but why will I need to pay when car was not running rough when I took it in... I'm going to see if they let me take the car to another dealer but I'm sure they not going to like that idea since dealer will need to pay the other dealer I'm assuming...
Old 10-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Sounds like a crappy mechanic broke something while working on it. And sometimes **** happens and you mess something up working on the car but they need to own up to that. I had my 2000 gt worked I at a ford dealer and the guy broke one of my injectors. After a long argument about how my car came in for a fuel line leak and was otherwise running great they found the cracked injector and replaced it. This could have happened to your car as well. I would make them test each one in front of me at this point. Best of luck.
Mfore33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks mfore33,
I'm planning tomorrow wake up early and visit ford once again. I'm going to have the manager give me his work plan for this week. It's been too long and I can't continue to wait... See if we could work something out,
Old 10-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
Thanks mfore33,
I'm planning tomorrow wake up early and visit ford once again. I'm going to have the manager give me his work plan for this week. It's been too long and I can't continue to wait... See if we could work something out,
Damn right man! 3 months!? I would be camping outside of the Service bay every night and day until they got my car fixed!! That's ridiculous!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Finally getting my ride back tomorrow. Service manager said they where lost, had open the car up several times, did so many trouble shooting and last night they decided to put a stock intake box and the car was driving like a dream, and once they put the after market CAI the car ran like **** again. He said they where really surprise the CAI will cause the car to run like that and the car will not trow any codes or anything relating to the air box.. So tomorrow I'll be taking my stock air box and have them install it and drive it home... Finally the bad dream is over...
Manager said he has never witness a CAI make a car run like **** before...
Old 10-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Are you running the cold air without a tune?
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

It was because last time my car got service the computer was acting up and said they had to replace something with the computer. Don't remember what it was. But CAI was on and was running fine for 5 months and no check engine light was on.
Dealer told me if I tune my car again and something big happen again they will not be able to cover it under warranty. I had left the CAI since car was running great and no light. Also since dealer had flash my computer the first time I believe I had to unlock my tuner first... Don't know how to check if my tuner is locked or not
Old 10-17-2013, 01:37 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If they flashed to stock and put your CAI on, it would run like hell for most CAI's.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:42 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah that's how it was running. But funny how I had it on stock for 5 months and no issues

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

I might just end up selling my tuner with the CAI... Or store it for the future
Old 10-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Your dealer is full of crap. Take it somewhere else next time.
dmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I know, I just took it there because of my maintenance plan but it's almost expires so I'll find another dealer for future problems .,, I'm picking it up tomorrow. Hope it runs like a champ.
I'll be adding my front chin spoiler that has been sitting on my porch for too long. A good wax. Once I have few extra bucks to buy new shocks I could install my new springs to drop the ride 1.5in

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT