Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Pcv system?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  S281 
#1 ·
I went to clean my intake system today and found a bit of oil build up on the inside of the throttle body and in the opening on the intake manifold. Naturally I went to check my pcv valves and for the life of me I can't find them! What's the situation with the pcv valves on a 2006 gt? Am I experiencing blow by or is this normal?

The reason I went into my intake system anyways is because I noticed as I'm slowing down to a stop, the tach will bounce between 500 and 900 then settle at 900 when I do stop.

Anyone?

#3 ·
My 09 gt does that too...I don't know why. I do have a Bama 93 tune, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my tach bouncing around. Mine sometimes drops too 300 and shoots up to 1100 when I come to a stop. I tightened and pushed down my pcv valve and it seemed to help it a little bit, but not by much. The pcv valve is located on the passenger's side valve cover and connects to your intake/cold air. The stock valve has a little green clip on it.

#4 ·
So it's just that hose assembly with the green clips on either side between the intake tube and the valve cover? I pulled mine off and it seemed like just a regular tube, I could blow through it both ways without restriction... Where's the actual valve?

#5 ·
To my knowledge its just a hose, yes. The valve itself is what the hose came off of on the valve cover. I slid my hose onto my cold air intake when I installed it and didn't push it up far enough, so I believe it was causing a vacuum leak. You really have to make sure the hose is up against both connections really tight. But, I do know that the jumping in rpms is from a vacuum issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.