Two questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-14-2013, 12:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Alright, I have a few things id like some opinions on. First, I got new wheels, around 60mph I get vibrations in the steering wheel. My wheels had the same thing but it was hardly noticeable. And my old ones were balance 4 different times. Could I need a rebalance? Could it be my brake calipers? I'm pretty sure you'd only feel it while breaking if it was. Also, i installed a hurst short throw, I started noticing a while ago that from a stop when I accelerate normally it kind of pulls the shifter back and creeks. And same with stopping, if I brake while in gear it'll pull the shifter forward and I hear it creek. Not really a big problem but they're both just kind of annoying haha. Also how do I know when my shocks/struts are going out?
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 01:00 AM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Well for the wheels did you make sure they were torqued correctly? Not sure about an answer for your second question.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:15 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

If your steering wheel shakes during driving then generally the tires need to be balanced and for your shifter what do you mean moves? Like the shifter is trying to change gears or the whole transmission moves?
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 01:17 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Well for the wheels did you make sure they were torqued correctly? Not sure about an answer for your second question.
Yeah when I put them on I torqued all of them down to 100 ft-lbs. I remember seeing some weird metal thing on one of the studs. I checked and it was on all four. Should I remove those? I thought it might make it fit funny but I wasn't sure if I would be a bad thing to remove them. ---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb.young66 View Post
If your steering wheel shakes during driving then generally the tires need to be balanced and for your shifter what do you mean moves? Like the shifter is trying to change gears or the whole transmission moves?
I'm not sure exactly what's happening, but I can feel the shifter handle kind of pull. It's hard to explain.

I'll probably go to where I bought them and have them rebalanced when I get the chance.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95 View Post
Yeah when I put them on I torqued all of them down to 100 ft-lbs. I remember seeing some weird metal thing on one of the studs. I checked and it was on all four. Should I remove those? I thought it might make it fit funny but I wasn't sure if I would be a bad thing to remove them. ---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ---------- I'm not sure exactly what's happening, but I can feel the shifter handle kind of pull. It's hard to explain. I'll probably go to where I bought them and have them rebalanced when I get the chance.
Hmm well id get under my car with a pry bar and try to move the transmission maybe you mount is starting to go bad and
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:49 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Remove the washer looking thing's from your studs, that's where the vibration is coming from. Break them off with needle nose pliers. The stock wheels were recessed and aftermarket wheels are flat.
On the shifter moving, check your motor and transmission mounts.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:52 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Remove the washer looking thing's from your studs, that's where the vibration is coming from. Break them off with needle nose pliers. The stock wheels were recessed and aftermarket wheels are flat. On the shifter moving, check your motor and transmission mounts.
Alright I thought that's what it was, and I'm going to check the bolts and everything for the shifter itself as well, thanks dude!
Old 10-14-2013, 02:17 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95 View Post

Alright I thought that's what it was, and I'm going to check the bolts and everything for the shifter itself as well, thanks dude!
No problem
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT