Long Tube headers and x pipe? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Long Tube headers and x pipe?

Wuzup everyone currently I have the pypes bomb axle back and the pypes of road x pipe on my 10gt after a while I got tired of the loudness and raspiness of the off road x pipe so I added the pypes high flow ceramic cats. Now I want to add long tube headers but I ran into a problem I cannot find any headers that will fit a buddy said that the jba natural long tube headers would fit but I am just not sure when looking down at the stock header I can see the cats leading up this makes me unsure if can fit em can I just purchase any header and cut ,weld? and if so will I lose power in any way? Can anyone help me out.
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

You would need the pypes shorty x pipe for lt to fit.im sure you can find a shop to fabricate it though but idk that's just my guessing.
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I understand that but when the off road x pipe came it had two attachments one just the x pipe and the other piece which leads to the stock manifold I added the cats I don't wanna get rid of the cats Kuz just the x pipe is loud and shortys are pretty much worthless do you think it would be possible to cut weld a header on there
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
not sure what your asking.. u will have to complety remove your stock headers,, any after market header for your car will fit but will take some time to install but if u have an x that went to stock headers the came in 3 peaces u will really need a shorty x and just get muffler shop to cut your high flows off and weld them back to your new shorty x to fit your long tubes.. other than that if would be really difficult if your asking to use your existing o/r x and make it fit onto new long tube headers would need alot of cutting and welding and probly cost u more and look like junk in the end
Blown05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT