07 Mustang GT Advice - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #1

Region: New Jersey
07 Mustang GT Advice

Hi guys, I'm a first time user here on MustangEvolution. The site seems very useful with a lot of knowledgeable members so I figured I'd jump on board to learn a thing or two and spread the Mustang love.

Due to family, I've grown up with GM's my whole life with my most recent car being a 1998 Camaro Z28. I don't want to knock the car as it ran very well and strong, LSX are great engines. However, I've had the itch for a Ford for awhile now. So after a lot of looking I picked up my first Mustang and now I could never look back.

Due to my budget a new 5.0. seemed out of the question. I picked up an 07 GT Premium that was very well maintained. Around 65k on the odometer. Dealer installed (from first owner) with a Roush M90 Super Charger, Roush CIA, and it also has full exhaust. Car cost me about 14k and I'm just wondering if this kind of set up and condition was worth the price and if it's a good starting point for a first Mustang? Thanks. Most people around me either hate Ford, Hate Mustangs, or knock the 3V. It was astonishing how many people came out of the woodworks to hate on this car. Lol, my cousin says its normal though. All in all for my first Mustang I am very impressed and this car is much faster than my Ls1 ever was.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FFC4F9D0-81CA-4DD2-9666-FBB88237AB92_13.jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	135545   Click image for larger version

Name:	FFC4F9D0-81CA-4DD2-9666-FBB88237AB92_21-1.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	135546  

Name:	FFC4F9D0-81CA-4DD2-9666-FBB88237AB92_23.jpeg
Views:	165
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	135547   Click image for larger version

Name:	FFC4F9D0-81CA-4DD2-9666-FBB88237AB92_5.jpeg
Views:	146
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	135548  

Name:	FFC4F9D0-81CA-4DD2-9666-FBB88237AB92_29-1.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	135549  
SilverSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: California
Yo that thing is nice!!! Congratulations !
Also there's a ton of mustang haters out there.. A ton!!
But the thing is mustang people don't really hate to much on other cars, so I don't get what the deal is lol

Welcome to ME
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
you sir are a very lucky man, that car looks clean as can be and I would be proud to have it. I wish I could have bought mine for 14k with forced induction already. I think you got a heck of a deal, I paid just over 14k for my premium minus the supercharger or any major bolt ons and my mileage was a good bit more. Looks so nice and clean lol, welcome to the forum!
2006 Mustang GT Premium Satin Silver Metallic | 5 Speed Manual | Hurst Short Shifter | K&N CAI | JSR Strut Brace, FLCA Brace, Rear Shock Tower Brace | Flowmaster Axle Backs | Ford K Springs | JM Trackbar | 93 Bama Performance Tune

BeachMonkey100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
You got a steal my friend! Lovely car, great shape, low miles and a supercharger to boot, yahoo. Enjoy.
RCrumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Welcome! That is one nice car and you DID get an incredible deal! Blower alone new on AM is around 5k.

Enjoy that car!
2008 GT/CS - {SLP Loudmouth Axle Back Exhaust- SR Strut Tower Brace - Raxiom Sequential Tail Light Kit - C&L Street CAI - Bama Tune - FRPP Lowering Springs - FRPP Rear Sway Bar - FRPP Struts & Shocks - BMR TCA032 LCAs}
jellyroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Beautiful car! Welcome to the forum.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
As one Supercharged 07 GT owner to another, I agree with everyone on here. You got a heck of a deal!
2007 Torch Red Mustang GT, Parchment Leather, Saleen Supercharger, SCT X-Cal Programmer,brenspeed.com tunes, Tuned by X-Act Dyno (Tempe, Az) 425rwhp, 4:10 Gears, Axel-back MAC exhaust, Dashhawk OBD-II Computer Monitoring System, Sequential Tail Lights, Halo Driving Lights, Eagle Eye Headlights with 6000K HID's, Clear Turn Signal Lenses, Projector Switchback Bulbs, Painted White LeMans Style Stripes, CDC Aggressive chin spoiler, Billet hood pins, Pirelli P-Zero P255 40 ZR19 wheels mounted on 2014 Mustang GT Wheels
Badinuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Welcome! You will get a lot more of that Mustang hate, its just something that comes with the territory of being better than the other cars on the road. Don't let it get to you though, you have an amazing car right there that will take out most modern muscle cars (since its supercharged).

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSleeper View Post
Hi guys, I'm a first time user here on MustangEvolution. The site seems very useful with a lot of knowledgeable members so I figured I'd jump on board to learn a thing or two and spread the Mustang love.

Due to family, I've grown up with GM's my whole life with my most recent car being a 1998 Camaro Z28. I don't want to knock the car as it ran very well and strong, LSX are great engines. However, I've had the itch for a Ford for awhile now. So after a lot of looking I picked up my first Mustang and now I could never look back.

Due to my budget a new 5.0. seemed out of the question. I picked up an 07 GT Premium that was very well maintained. Around 65k on the odometer. Dealer installed (from first owner) with a Roush M90 Super Charger, Roush CIA, and it also has full exhaust. Car cost me about 14k and I'm just wondering if this kind of set up and condition was worth the price and if it's a good starting point for a first Mustang? Thanks. Most people around me either hate Ford, Hate Mustangs, or knock the 3V. It was astonishing how many people came out of the woodworks to hate on this car. Lol, my cousin says its normal though. All in all for my first Mustang I am very impressed and this car is much faster than my Ls1 ever was.
First off, your car is GORGEOUS!!

Second, yeah, you got a good deal on it. I just paid $15k for my 05 GT, with 50k miles, and totally stock. The Blue Book/NADA value on mine was between $16k and $17k, so yours, being 2 years newer, would be worth a few thousand more.

Welcome to the Mustang Family!! Enjoy your Pony!
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #10

Region: New Jersey
Sorry for the late response guys, full time work and school eats up all of my time. Even steals me from my car more often than I'd like.

I appreciate all the love for my GT and I'm glad I wasn't swindled. I have to say you all have some beautiful cars, an overwhelming amount of lethal looking Stangs. Can't wait to make mine my own.

I should have done more research on the cars, but I couldn't be happier with my purchase and I don't regret jumping on it at all. Thanks for putting me at ease.

As for the Ford and Mustang haters, I encounter one every day it seems now It keeps me pretty amused.
SilverSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

That's amazing!!! I know people who paid more for a lot less than that haha. Plus that red interior is sexy! It's super clean! Welcome to the forums and to the Ford family haha.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

One thing Id highly recommend is red carpet inserts off of AmericanMuscle.com. My car didn't have the red carpet inserts, and the heel of my shoe dug a hole into the carpet as I would drive, transitioning from the gas to the brake and vice versa slowly just made a hole. Idk if it's just my shoes, or what, but the red carpet inserts are sturdy and they also make the inside look a lot better.
NFloris_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #12

Region: Tennessee
Sweet ride, and a fantastic price for sure! Enjoy!!
BigOrange is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT