LCAs and lowering springs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
LCAs and lowering springs

1.If you plan to lower your car with aftermarket lower control arms, you do need relocation brackets correct?

2. Are relocation brackets necessary if you have adjustable lower control arms?

Thanks all.

(American Muscle has SR lower springs on sale for $99.)
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
No way!!! Gotta jump on that deal!!
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Just go them $94 with discount going to take a chances with SR I've always had H&R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie View Post
Just go them $94 with discount going to take a chances with SR I've always had H&R
Don't forget you'll need a panhard bar and some camber bolts to go along with the springs.
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I don't think you do it's only 1 1/2 inch drop?
Old 11-11-2013, 11:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie View Post
I don't think you do it's only 1 1/2 inch drop?
Pretty sure ya' do need them. Bolts are $25 and a panhard bar is about $100.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I don't think so AM where are you???
Old 11-12-2013, 12:10 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

If you go without it, I believe your rear end geometry will be all crazy. The adjustable panhard bar will help relieve the axle shift. I also believe the camber bolts are needed to help the tires from getting eaten up on the outsides. I could be very very wrong, but I think I recall reading about it.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:52 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer1099 View Post
If you go without it, I believe your rear end geometry will be all crazy. The adjustable panhard bar will help relieve the axle shift. I also believe the camber bolts are needed to help the tires from getting eaten up on the outsides. I could be very very wrong, but I think I recall reading about it.
Relo brackets are not needed if you have adjustable LCA. Pan hard is needed because if shift, sone people no, but it doesn't take much to mess up with a small shift. With only a 1 1/2" drop, it should be possible to get the wheels aligned without anything, but camber bolts are fairly cheap and make it much easier. You'll also want an adjustable upper control arm to get the pinion angle correct.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I got the panhard and the bolts when I did my 1 1/5 drop...body shifted about 1-2 inches and the front camber was there but not horrendous...had the bolts so went ahead and but them in
gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #11
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer1099 View Post
1.If you plan to lower your car with aftermarket lower control arms, you do need relocation brackets correct?

2. Are relocation brackets necessary if you have adjustable lower control arms?

Thanks all.

(American Muscle has SR lower springs on sale for $99.)
You don't have to do a relocation bracket when doing a set of lower control arms. I'm running an adjustable Upper and Lower control arm on my 2011 GT with no relocation bracket and I'm not having any issues! I do plan to get a relocation bracket at some point so that I can fit a wider slick under the rear fender though.

You may want to think about getting a pan hard bar, however it's probably not 100% necessary. This will just help re center your rear end! When lowering the car, it does get thrown off a bit. I drove around for a few months without the panhard bar and didn't have any issues. However, you could clearly see that the tire stuck out more on one side!

Camber Plates/bolts are also optional when lowering your Mustang. You only need camber plates/bolts for a drop that is more than 1.5" in the front. Anything less than that, you can just get a standard alignment and you'll be in good shape!

I hope this helps! Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future. You can also hit up my CS team, they can be reached at the contact information in my signature!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT