Future Modding - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-12-2013, 01:07 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
32GT32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Odessa
Region: Texas
Posts: 228
Future Modding

Well its that time again time to save up and mod up currently I have pypes catted x pipe and pypes bomb axle back SCT tuner with bama tunes jlt 3 cold air intake on my 10 gt auto I have currently purchased the jba of road h pipe and the jba natural long tube headers and am gonna wait to put on for future mods I am looking forward to save up for the ford racing hot rod cams ford racing manifold ford racing throttle body and steeda ud pulleys.. as a high school student I am always busy with school and work I am finally a senior and wanna have a lil fun modding my car what I would like to know is if there is any other lil mods I could do to add HP torque airflow any performance gains what do guys think? I will not be modding until the beginning of next year around income tax I want to put all the mods on at once please let me know what you guys think and suggest thanks.
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-12-2013, 04:07 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
GTgorilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 41
4.10 gears will make a big difference.
GTgorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wyoming
Region: Michigan
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTgorilla View Post
4.10 gears will make a big difference.
I agree 4:10 gears will make a huge difference. It did for me.
randy5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
32GT32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Odessa
Region: Texas
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy5128 View Post

I agree 4:10 gears will make a huge difference. It did for me.
Many people have told me that how... do the gears work at top end speed?
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32GT32 View Post
Many people have told me that how... do the gears work at top end speed?
4.10 gears will make a huge difference in the cars acceleration over stock. Gears is one of my favorite mods for the 3v GT's like yours. At the stop speed, you'll still be able to go way faster than needed.

In 4th gear, with a 27.0" tall tire, and 4.10 final ratio gears, the car will be doing 127.3mph @ 6,500rpm. You can always run a taller tire, and or rev the car higher with Hot Rod Cams and FRPP intake manifold if that's not fast enough.

For example - 4th gear, 28.0" tall tire, 4.10 final ratio gears, the car will be doing 142.2mph @ 7,000rpm!

This should help put things in a better perspective for you. Let me know if you have more questions!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Franco09GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 223
4.10's are definitely a good mod, you will for sure notice a difference. & hot rod cams sound amazing! I got those on my car with a set of stainless works headers, off road x & muffler delete. I've had them for over a year & don't ever get tired of the sound. You'll turn a lot of heads with a cam for sure.
Franco09GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wyoming
Region: Michigan
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco09GT View Post
4.10's are definitely a good mod, you will for sure notice a difference. & hot rod cams sound amazing! I got those on my car with a set of stainless works headers, off road x & muffler delete. I've had them for over a year & don't ever get tired of the sound. You'll turn a lot of heads with a cam for sure.


This is the order that I am bolt one to my mustang
1. Bama tuner
2. 4:10 gears
3. Hot Rod Cams
4. Converter
5. Supercharger


I may not do the supercharger and buy a 2011 GT instead. More HP for the same cost.


The Bama tuner and 4:10 gears made a huge difference.
randy5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
08mustanggt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: milton
Region: Canada
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy5128 View Post

This is the order that I am bolt one to my mustang
1. Bama tuner
2. 4:10 gears
3. Hot Rod Cams
4. Converter
5. Supercharger

I may not do the supercharger and buy a 2011 GT instead. More HP for the same cost.

The Bama tuner and 4:10 gears made a huge difference.
Noy more horsepower. Put a turbo on my 08 GT and put down 517 rear wheel horsepower. The 11 Gt makes what, 412 at the crank? That's like 3xx rear wheel horsepower. Forge the Internals of your car for $1, 950 and you have a 4.6l, 5.0 stroker that can handle 7-900 rear wheel horsepower depending on what rotating assembly you get.
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wyoming
Region: Michigan
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustanggt View Post
Noy more horsepower. Put a turbo on my 08 GT and put down 517 rear wheel horsepower. The 11 Gt makes what, 412 at the crank? That's like 3xx rear wheel horsepower. Forge the Internals of your car for $1, 950 and you have a 4.6l, 5.0 stroker that can handle 7-900 rear wheel horsepower depending on what rotating assembly you get.
I have been following your turbo install and I can say that you have had your share of bad luck. Did you ever post a picture or a video?

I was saying that if you purchase a supercharger for a S197 you get a max of 550at the flywheel without putting a rod outside of the block. You can buy a 2011 GT base for a about $18,000.00 put a Kenne Bell 2.8LC supercharger (7,000.00) and make about 625 HP at the wheels with about 9 lbs of boost.

I am on the fence if I should invest the money in my 2007 Shelby or buy a 2011 GT and spend the same amount, for the supercharger, for less HP.
randy5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
08mustanggt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: milton
Region: Canada
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy5128 View Post

I have been following your turbo install and I can say that you have had your share of bad luck. Did you ever post a picture or a video?

I was saying that if you purchase a supercharger for a S197 you get a max of 550at the flywheel without putting a rod outside of the block. You can buy a 2011 GT base for a about $18,000.00 put a Kenne Bell 2.8LC supercharger (7,000.00) and make about 625 HP at the wheels with about 9 lbs of boost.

I am on the fence if I should invest the money in my 2007 Shelby or buy a 2011 GT and spend the same amount, for the supercharger, for less HP.
Bad luck? I blew a head gasket and didn't blow a rod! I'd say that's good luck hahaha! And you'd be VERY lucky to get an 11 for that cheap. Not worth it.
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wyoming
Region: Michigan
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustanggt View Post

Bad luck? I blew a head gasket and didn't blow a rod! I'd say that's good luck hahaha! And you'd be VERY lucky to get an 11 for that cheap. Not worth it.
Been Checking the auctions and they are selling for about 18K.

My wife works at a dealership and we buy just over their cost.
randy5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
08mustanggt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: milton
Region: Canada
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy5128 View Post

Been Checking the auctions and they are selling for about 18K.

My wife works at a dealership and we buy just over their cost.
Up here its much more expensive! I can still get over $20, 000 for mine here! Oh well, minor differences!
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wyoming
Region: Michigan
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustanggt View Post
Up here its much more expensive! I can still get over $20, 000 for mine here! Oh well, minor differences!
Its based on the area and how many are at the auctions. Its winter and no one is buying them right now!

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustanggt View Post
Up here its much more expensive! I can still get over $20, 000 for mine here! Oh well, minor differences!
I sure like the ride of the 2011+. My Shelby rides like a lumber wagon
randy5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:45 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
32GT32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Odessa
Region: Texas
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

4.10 gears will make a huge difference in the cars acceleration over stock. Gears is one of my favorite mods for the 3v GT's like yours. At the stop speed, you'll still be able to go way faster than needed.

In 4th gear, with a 27.0" tall tire, and 4.10 final ratio gears, the car will be doing 127.3mph @ 6,500rpm. You can always run a taller tire, and or rev the car higher with Hot Rod Cams and FRPP intake manifold if that's not fast enough.

For example - 4th gear, 28.0" tall tire, 4.10 final ratio gears, the car will be doing 142.2mph @ 7,000rpm!

This should help put things in a better perspective for you. Let me know if you have more questions!

Shane
Thanks you guys from Am always help out a lot!
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #15
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32GT32 View Post
Thanks you guys from Am always help out a lot!
Happy to help! Let me know what you end up going with. I'd like to hear your first impressions, especially if using 4.10 gears.

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wyoming
Region: Michigan
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

Happy to help! Let me know what you end up going with. I'd like to hear your first impressions, especially if using 4.10 gears.

Shane
I added 4:10 gears in August and wow what a difference off the line. My wife asked what I changed as it puts her back in the seat every time we take off. Drove 250 miles to Wooward Cruise and the tach was at 2600 rpms.

Lost about 1 mpg but who cares your driving a hot rod and still getting 24 or 25 mpg. My friend took over 25 gallons of 104 to get there with his 430 cubic inch sbc.

I read "Don't fear the gears" some where and they correct best mod so far.
randy5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #17
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy5128 View Post
I added 4:10 gears in August and wow what a difference off the line. My wife asked what I changed as it puts her back in the seat every time we take off. Drove 250 miles to Wooward Cruise and the tach was at 2600 rpms. Lost about 1 mpg but who cares your driving a hot rod and still getting 24 or 25 mpg. My friend took over 25 gallons of 104 to get there with his 430 cubic inch sbc. I read "Don't fear the gears" some where and they correct best mod so far.
My 2v clocks 3k on the tach at around 75-80mph
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
My 2v clocks 3k on the tach at around 75-80mph
Wtf? Not even 4.10s put you that high at 80
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Burning some gas with 4.80's ^ lol
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #20
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Wtf? Not even 4.10s put you that high at 80
i have 4.10s yo

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
i have 4.10s yo
i would kill myself if that was stock hahaha
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #21
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy5128 View Post
I added 4:10 gears in August and wow what a difference off the line. My wife asked what I changed as it puts her back in the seat every time we take off. Drove 250 miles to Wooward Cruise and the tach was at 2600 rpms.

Lost about 1 mpg but who cares your driving a hot rod and still getting 24 or 25 mpg. My friend took over 25 gallons of 104 to get there with his 430 cubic inch sbc.

I read "Don't fear the gears" some where and they correct best mod so far.
That's exactly what I've experienced with 4.10's in the past too. A much faster pick-up down low and only 1-2mpg drop. Even still, around down I'm usually the same with MPG's. Good to hear you're a fan!

25 gallons of 104 octane... jeez, now that's not cheap..

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
My 2v clocks 3k on the tach at around 75-80mph
That's ridiculous. My 4.10s don't run anywhere near that high. And I have a video to prove it in my signature.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #23
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
I wouldn't say it's ridiculous. From the internet I've read many people are AROUND where I am. Also I have an automatic so that might have something to so with it as well. But I'm happy with them.

Also I now know what the highway drone sounds like lol
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #24
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
I wouldn't say it's ridiculous. From the internet I've read many people are AROUND where I am. Also I have an automatic so that might have something to so with it as well. But I'm happy with them. Also I now know what the highway drone sounds like lol
Actually now that you guys got me all paranoid I've been looking deeper into this. Could it be that they sent me 4.30 gears by mistake?? I never counted the teeth or anything but I have a pic I took when I got them.

Either way I'm pleasantly surprised if they are lol
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #25
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
That's ridiculous. My 4.10s don't run anywhere near that high. And I have a video to prove it in my signature.
also in your video your just under getting the 3k mark too around the same mph if you kept going in sure it would be the same
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
also in your video your just under getting the 3k mark too around the same mph if you kept going in sure it would be the same
My final mph was 80. And I was at maybe 2.7k-2.8.

I cruise 65-70 on the interstate. That's around 2100-2200.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:04 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.