New exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
New exhaust

Just got a 09 mustang a week ago. Previous owner cut the h pipe out and replaced it with just a dual in dual out magnaflo stock cats. Decent sound just not loud enough for the v8. So been watching a ton of vids over a week.

Of all the vids ive watched so far ive narrowed it down to an h pipe catted or not i dont know yet. If catted itll be bassani hi flows. After that itll deff be a mid mount system and its between borla stinger, magnapack, or pypes m80. More than likely will do pacesetter LTs also.
Catted H or not?
Of the 3 mufflers which would be yalls pick?
I do have a diablosport if i go no cats so not a prob there. Just wanting a deep tone and those setups is what ive come to like most just want input on deepest but still got a decent loudness to it
Hfdbuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I went offroad h pipe and borla stingers. The sound was unbeatable! Compliments from all the people at the car shows, especially the mustang guys and gals. Now, I'm borla stingers with an offroad Y pipe.
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah i thought i was dead set on stingers but i clicked on both a magnapack and m80 and they sounded good also. Although i didnt care for them if they were axel back only mid mount. But the stingers sounded good in either spot mid or axel but im dead set on mid mount myself. Are yours mid mount?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Catless h pipe with pype bombs or stingers. Sexiest sound ever. ---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ---------- Here's mine, catless h and pype bombs with stock manifolds.

http://youtu.be/kKMzmdhPM6M
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

That does sound really good
Old 11-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfdbuck09 View Post
Yeah i thought i was dead set on stingers but i clicked on both a magnapack and m80 and they sounded good also. Although i didnt care for them if they were axel back only mid mount. But the stingers sounded good in either spot mid or axel but im dead set on mid mount myself. Are yours mid mount?
Mine are axleback.
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Xpipe with magnas
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95 View Post
Catless h pipe with pype bombs or stingers. Sexiest sound ever. ---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ---------- Here's mine, catless h and pype bombs with stock manifolds.

2006 mustang gt pypes off road h pipe, pype bombs - YouTube

Lol, I had that setup...I hated it so bad. I welded in m80s after 5 days and now it sounds like an absolute toned beast.
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer1099 View Post
Lol, I had that setup...I hated it so bad. I welded in m80s after 5 days and now it sounds like an absolute toned beast.
I love it. The trumpeting at 2100 doesn't really bother me. When I'm pedal to the floor and it screams like a fucckin pissed off dragon it makes my pants shorter.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
I like this. Im thinking im set on magnas now. Just trying to figure out weather to mid mount for a deeper tone? (Just not a ton of mis mount vids)(but the ones ive heard are awesome) or axle back (thinking its a little higher and raspier axle back) correct me if im wrong and give me yalls opinion. Gonna do H pipe. Ill start with putting my bassani ho flows and if its not good enough ill take them off.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Well ordered me 2 magnapacks. Gonna do mid mount. H pipe. And start with hi flow bassani cats and go from there. May get pacesetter LTs but unsure yet.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Got the magnapacks in yesterday. Drove up the road had my guy rip out everything under the car. Started with piping from the stock manifolds after the bend went into bassani hi flows. Just behind the trans x member had him make a custom h pipe. After the h pipe into the 2.5" mid mount magnapacks. Piped back to 2, 3.5" double wall chrome tips. (May one day get some resonator tips) as the system breaks in and gets louder. Sounds amazing and love it a lot more than the dual in dual out magnaflow muffler with stock cats. Will see if i can post some sort of video soon.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Got the magnapacks in yesterday. Drove up the road had my guy rip out everything under the car. Started with piping from the stock manifolds after the bend went into bassani hi flows. Just behind the trans x member had him make a custom h pipe. After the h pipe into the 2.5" mid mount magnapacks. Piped back to 2, 3.5" double wall chrome tips. (May one day get some resonator tips) as the system breaks in and gets louder. Sounds amazing and love it a lot more than the dual in dual out magnaflow muffler with stock cats. Will see if i can post some sort of video soon.
Why 2" piping? Stock gt exhaust is 2.5" isn't it?
Old 11-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I never said it was 2" piping. Its all 2.5".

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Oh the part that says piped back to 2 im sayin its piped into 2 tips not 2" pipe. Its all 2.5" pipe
Old 11-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

JBA long tubes, O/R H and SLP axle back
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Im happy with this setup right now i dont have any plans to change it up at all i dont want to keep changing it up. Haha rather spend money elsewhere on it now
Old 11-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I never said it was 2" piping. Its all 2.5". ---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ---------- Oh the part that says piped back to 2 im sayin its piped into 2 tips not 2" pipe. Its all 2.5" pipe
Ahh alright I got you, my bad dude!
Old 11-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

All good. I re-read it it kind of sounds like thats what it meant but i stayed with all 2.5"
Old 11-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Hi-flow cats are a waste of money. Might as well gone O/R.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Didnt want it that loud and got them for free. I wasnt going for hp i was going for a deep muscle car sound and with the way i had it done gave me what i was looking for.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I have the Magnaflow Magnapacks with stock Cats in place...Do not go this route, my car can be out revved by Mini Coopers (I've tried with some friends). But if you go completely catless (off-road pipes) then you'll get the noise that magnaflow intended people to have with it. I've heard them without cats in place, they are pretty decent. They're subtle at low RPM, but slam the gas and you're awakening a beast. Not obnoxious, but it's still amazing. If you want cats in place and to be smog legal you can get your local muffler shop to make you some muffler deletes. With cats in place they're pretty awesome.
NFloris_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Ive got hi flow bassani's and i like the way its sounds now. Its loud but still deep

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust