Magnaflow Vs Pypes Muffler Deletes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
NFloris_05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brentwood
Region: California
Posts: 112
Magnaflow Vs Pypes Muffler Deletes

I've been looking at new exhaust for sometime, currently I am running Magnaflow Magnapack Catbacks, but I want something that has more umphf and noise. I've narrowed my choices down to the Pypes Muffler Deleting Axleback or Magnaflow Muffler Deleting Axleback. I was wondering if anyone has either either of these and would like to tell me how they like theirs? Thanks!
NFloris_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Do you currently have a catless midpipe? If not that is something that will give you a really aggressive and loud tone.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
NFloris_05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brentwood
Region: California
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Do you currently have a catless midpipe? If not that is something that will give you a really aggressive and loud tone.
Nah, I run cats. I don't want to have to swap out to cats then catless, even if it is every 2 years haha. I wanted to get something that's loud with cats in place will being smog legal. My friend runs straight pipes, and it's sick, maybe when I'm older I'll run catless.
NFloris_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
I definitely cannot go back to cats, even though I live in Cali also and have to change the midpipe out every 2 years it is so worth it.

Back to your question though, if both of them are just muffler deleting pipes then just get the cheaper one... Have you looked into Pype Bombs though? They are basically the same thing as the cat deletes but have baffles in them to reduce rasp.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
NFloris_05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brentwood
Region: California
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I definitely cannot go back to cats, even though I live in Cali also and have to change the midpipe out every 2 years it is so worth it. Back to your question though, if both of them are just muffler deleting pipes then just get the cheaper one... Have you looked into Pype Bombs though? They are basically the same thing as the cat deletes but have baffles in them to reduce rasp.
Yeah my buddy has those. I prefer the muffler deletes though. I've watched videos on both muffler deletes and the Pype bombs, and I like the muffler deletes a little more. The Pype bombs are still sick as hell though.
NFloris_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
UGAKIDD7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Athens
Region: Georgia
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFloris_05 View Post
Yeah my buddy has those. I prefer the muffler deletes though. I've watched videos on both muffler deletes and the Pype bombs, and I like the muffler deletes a little more. The Pype bombs are still sick as hell though.
They sound tge some the pyoe bombs and magnaflow its pretty much straight pipe with oem h pipe with cats save your money and just have the muffler shop measure and make you a pipe and weld on tips and hangers that slides in where your axle back did I got mine done for 50 bucks and it sounds tge same but I swapped back since im running a catless h pipe
UGAKIDD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Yea if all you want is straight pipes replacing the mufflers then just have a shop weld some pipe in, will be A LOT cheaper
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
DtrMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Middle River
Region: Maryland
Posts: 69
I had the Pype bombs on my car for about 2 months. I ran them without having cats and they became obnoxious after a while.
DtrMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
They're tellin you the same thing I did Nate haha just have a shop weld tips on and it'll be much cheaper.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
UGAKIDD7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Athens
Region: Georgia
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95 View Post
They're tellin you the same thing I did Nate haha just have a shop weld tips on and it'll be much cheaper.
Not necessarily weld the pipe on but pretty nuch make a pype bomb weld a tip to the pipe and bend it so it comes on and off just like the axleback I have no clue why people pay close to $400 dollars for any of the axlebacks like this lol
UGAKIDD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAKIDD7 View Post
Not necessarily weld the pipe on but pretty nuch make a pype bomb weld a tip to the pipe and bend it so it comes on and off just like the axleback I have no clue why people pay close to $400 dollars for any of the axlebacks like this lol
None of that made any sense to me but yeah. I found used bombs for 100 bucks. and for muffler deletes anything over 100 for tips and like a foot of piping is stupid.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:20 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
NFloris_05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brentwood
Region: California
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95 View Post
They're tellin you the same thing I did Nate haha just have a shop weld tips on and it'll be much cheaper.
I'll call around and see what's up haha. I just want my mufflers gone. I'm getting tired of not only how quiet my car is, but random people in public pointing and laughing at me while saying "Hey your car sounds like ****!!" It's happened three times in the past month.
NFloris_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Torchredfrankie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 779
SLP!!! Nuff said
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
^ Agreed
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #15
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 7
Running SLP loudmouths and they're the best decision I've made regarding exhaust. They are VERY loud people will definitely hear you down the road. Haven't gotten anything but good comments on them
MattNj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:45 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
NFloris_05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brentwood
Region: California
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie View Post
SLP!!! Nuff said
The SLPs seem to be popular among other users lol. But do they sound good with cats in place? The reason I liked the muffler deletes is cause they sound good with cats in place, I want to be smog legal at all times (peace of mind). I've heard a lot of amazing things about SLPs though, those are on my maybe list of exhaust though, it's probably between SLP loud mouths or having my local muffler shop make me some muffler deletes.
NFloris_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:48 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFloris_05 View Post
The SLPs seem to be popular among other users lol. But do they sound good with cats in place? The reason I liked the muffler deletes is cause they sound good with cats in place, I want to be smog legal at all times (peace of mind). I've heard a lot of amazing things about SLPs though, those are on my maybe list of exhaust though, it's probably between SLP loud mouths or having my local muffler shop make me some muffler deletes.
Most people say SLP are obnoxious without cats and are perfect with them. They're really similar to pype bombs. I'd say if you want to save money go with shop made deletes.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Franco09GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 223
MBRP sells a all stainless steel muffler delete with a really nice tip, looks awesome but is pricey. & You can save some cash buy taking to a shop & getting it made.
Franco09GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:51 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.