Getting a new car? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie View Post

Might wanna do some reading before you post something like that. My buddy beat a Evo 9 on 25lbs of boost it had full bolt ons and on e85 tune.
My buddy's 2013 5.0 had only boss 302 intake manifold, JLT intake, borla cat back, full slick biggies and smalls in the front. With 4.10s

Took him out like nothing. :good;
No I stand by my previous statement. All I said is its possible. Maybe the dude in the evo can't drive? How much HP is he pushing? Tires? Too many variables to know what happened. A ****ing gt with 4.10s and slicks is a fast car dude no doubt. But there are MANY daily driven 10 second evos and stis out there.
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
The guy in the Evo could drive.

The mustang was auto.

Race was done where we can't talk about on this form.

And the mustang had a 100 shot ready just in case but he didn't use it.
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch10 View Post

Yeah at some point as enthusiasts you just have to recognize that there are many other capable cars out there than your favorite.
A modified EVO or STi is going to destroy a Shelby on the street for example.
That's completely false. A modded shelby compaired to a moded evo, not even a comparison. Even beats it stock for stock. Good try though!
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustanggt View Post

That's completely false. A modded shelby compaired to a moded evo, not even a comparison. Even beats it stock for stock. Good try though!
What about a 6 second supra lol

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Inline 6!
FriedChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
If i was in the market for that style of car, id grab a Focus ST. Good aftermarket support already, making good power.
87LX306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:32 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustanggt View Post
Why do people always want to compare a heavily modded car to a completely stock car and then say the stock is a piece of crap or slow?

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:35 AM   #77
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
Why do people always want to compare a heavily modded car to a completely stock car and then say the stock is a piece of crap or slow?
if both if these cars a bit stock than why is this even in the argument?
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:49 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I thought this was a mustang forum but it seems we got a bunch or ricer lovers! How about go trade in your Gt (to the ppl who are saying that one of those cars can beat a Shelby or even a gt with the same mods) so we don't have to hear that crap!
BadAssStang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

I'm trading my mustang in Saturday for a speed3. I actually hate how mustang owners are so stubborn. Hello my fellow tuners)
Old 11-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedChicken View Post
I actually hate how mustang owners are so stubborn.
Well that's a broad generalization.....
Old 11-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I kinda agree with him. I said I might trade my car in and everybody jumped on me about being a ricer and getting a POS car.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I kinda agree with him. I said I might trade my car in and everybody jumped on me about being a ricer and getting a POS car.
Get what you want man. I got ragged on so hard when I had my CRX. As long as you like it. Personally, if my Stang had that low of miles on it, I'd hang onto it. You're decision bro.

But, It's not about power for me. It's about history, and the pride of owning an American Classic. 50 years strong! My grandpa nearly broke down when I pulled up with mine. (Then he told me he was glad I got rid of the Rice Burner and got a real mans car, lol.)
Old 11-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo_281GT View Post

Get what you want man. I got ragged on so hard when I had my CRX. As long as you like it. Personally, if my Stang had that low of miles on it, I'd hang onto it. You're decision bro.

But, It's not about power for me. It's about history, and the pride of owning an American Classic. 50 years strong! My grandpa nearly broke down when I pulled up with mine. (Then he told me he was glad I got rid of the Rice Burner and got a real mans car, lol.)
Lol to your grand pa
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Ya, I love car. It is my baby, but I just want to experience something different now. It's kinda like being in a relationship in college lol. You might love her but you want to see what else there is out there Lmao.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ya, I love car. It is my baby, but I just want to experience something different now. It's kinda like being in a relationship in college lol. You might love her but you want to see what else there is out there Lmao.
Lmfao. Good analogy I guess :p
Old 11-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Lol to your grand pa
Lol, he's old school man. You should've seen the 68 Impala he built for my uncle. Rebuilt a 454 LS5, out of an old corvette he salvaged. over 700hp...that thing would set off car alarms when he fired it up!
Old 11-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol, he's old school man. You should've seen the 68 Impala he built for my uncle. Rebuilt a 454 LS5, out of an old corvette he salvaged. over 700hp...that thing would set off car alarms when he fired it up!
Sick
Old 11-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well that's a broad generalization.....
I didn't mean it like that. I just meant a lot muscle car owners think there's no better cars than muscle which is untrue. Almost like mustangs vs camaros. There both equally good but your either a die hard Chevy or mustang fan
Old 11-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #89
Road Trip!

Quote:
Get what you want man. I got ragged on so hard when I had my CRX. As long as you like it. Personally, if my Stang had that low of miles on it, I'd hang onto it. You're decision bro. But, It's not about power for me. It's about history, and the pride of owning an American Classic. 50 years strong! My grandpa nearly broke down when I pulled up with mine. (Then he told me he was glad I got rid of the Rice Burner and got a real mans car, lol.)
good ol gramps
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
I didn't mean it like that. I just meant a lot muscle car owners think there's no better cars than muscle which is untrue. Almost like mustangs vs camaros. There both equally good but your either a die hard Chevy or mustang fan
I loved my LS1, I love my Mustang and loved my Trans Am. But.....I really want an STI.........mmmmmmm.
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Ha Ha Ha Threads like this make me laugh Don't get me wrong I LOVE my Mustang and don't regret buying it for one second!!!!! From the early 90's up until a year and a half ago if it was not AWD turbocharged and built by Mitsubishi you would not find it in my garage to me a Mustang was a 5-SLOW not 5.0 To a lot of my friends I jumped over to the Dark side when I got my Mustang. EVO's are awesome cars STOCK even better when modded correctly But so are MUSTANGs For me it was time for a change and I'm not looking back. But I also know better then to assume the V8 under my hood with just basic bolt ons is a match for a modded EVO But I also know I'm just a supercharger away from a level playing field!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just my 2 cents

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Valid points
Old 11-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by stemar View Post
But I also know I'm just a supercharger away from a level playing field!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're so loud
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:57 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was going to but they only offered 13k
My car only has 12,800 miles on it. What do you guys think I could get for it?
13k wtf!? Really my buddy traded his 06 premium gt for a 5.0 it had 98,720 miles and they gave him 13!?
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32GT32 View Post
13k wtf!? Really my buddy traded his 06 premium gt for a 5.0 it had 98,720 miles and they gave him 13!?
Never trade it in. They always bone you. Sell it yourself then buy it. They always say you save all this tax money by trading. But they save you $700 in tax and give $2,000 less. Car salesman all go straight to hell when they die.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemar View Post
Ha Ha Ha Threads like this make me laugh Don't get me wrong I LOVE my Mustang and don't regret buying it for one second!!!!! From the early 90's up until a year and a half ago if it was not AWD turbocharged and built by Mitsubishi you would not find it in my garage to me a Mustang was a 5-SLOW not 5.0 To a lot of my friends I jumped over to the Dark side when I got my Mustang. EVO's are awesome cars STOCK even better when modded correctly But so are MUSTANGs For me it was time for a change and I'm not looking back. But I also know better then to assume the V8 under my hood with just basic bolt ons is a match for a modded EVO But I also know I'm just a supercharger away from a level playing field!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just my 2 cents

Old 11-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

:2chains:
Old 11-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Never trade it in. They always bone you. Sell it yourself then buy it. They always say you save all this tax money by trading. But they save you $700 in tax and give $2,000 less. Car salesman all go straight to hell when they die.
Well I have a 10 gt and I wouldn't trade it in I want a 5.0 really bad... but why would you trade in your vehicle if you paid it off and everything and just get much less than what you paid for over they years I told him over and over just save wait to see what the 2015 are like if you don't like it then get a 13 gt but he denied traded it in and now has a wrecked 5.0 at home insurance didn't cover him idk what the deal was but he regrets what he did
Old 11-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32GT32 View Post

Well I have a 10 gt and I wouldn't trade it in I want a 5.0 really bad... but why would you trade in your vehicle if you paid it off and everything and just get much less than what you paid for over they years I told him over and over just save wait to see what the 2015 are like if you don't like it then get a 13 gt but he denied traded it in and now has a wrecked 5.0 at home insurance didn't cover him idk what the deal was but he regrets what he did
That sounds like a bad day :/
Old 11-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That sounds like a bad day :/
Yeah it really is when I saw his car and how bad it was I didn't know what to tell him I couldn't come up with anything to say I just sord of stood there but he tells me he shoulda kept the 06 and at least have a car on the side now he doesn't have nothing to drive I hope he can get it fixed or something
Old 11-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This is what the guy who sold me my mustang said. Except replace with Old Man & Saturdays, lol. I believed him though. Car was in tip top shape, only 82K. (Paid $13K Flat after taxes.) Not bad for an 05.

My First car though...I got raped with 23% interest(No Credit). After 5 years I ended up paying $15,900 for a car they were selling for $7,800....go figure...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	funny-dog-picture-used-car-salesman.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	137728  
Old 11-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

This is what the guy who sold me my mustang said. Except replace with Old Man & Saturdays, lol. I believed him though. Car was in tip top shape, only 82K. (Paid $13K Flat after taxes.) Not bad for an 05.

My First car though...I got raped with 23% interest(No Credit). After 5 years I ended up paying $15,900 for a car they were selling for $7,800....go figure...
I did the same but you gotta build credit somehow
Old 11-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I did the same but you gotta build credit somehow
Yea I'm getting my new car tomorrow but my dad is gunna sign for it for lower interest rates.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I'm getting my new car tomorrow but my dad is gunna sign for it for lower interest rates.
What kind?
Old 11-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Mazdaspeed 3

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT