Exaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Exaust

08 gt, and I'm wanting to run exaust down the side of the car, like old hot rods. Seen them with a switch inside where you can run your normal exaust, and then hit the switch and it screams through the side pipes. Has anyone done this? Or had experience doing this?
Kylemittelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
personally, i dont think the S197 can pull if off very easily. you'll have to do a pretty great fab job to make it look good.

however, if i were to do such a thing, id probably get electric exhaust cutouts and run the side pipes from the outlet on them. that way you could switch between your stock exhaust and a ridiculously loud side pipe setup. i would also shorten the stock exhaust pipes so that you could hide the big ugly mufflers underneath the car and get a new bumper so that it looks real clean. just my suggestion

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

unless you dont mean like a large exposed shiny pipe on the side of the car.thats what i think you are talking about. if you mean just a normal side exhaust, then cervini makes an awesome kit and ford racing makes a boss side exhaust kit.
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchRed6 View Post
personally, i dont think the S197 can pull if off very easily. you'll have to do a pretty great fab job to make it look good. however, if i were to do such a thing, id probably get electric exhaust cutouts and run the side pipes from the outlet on them. that way you could switch between your stock exhaust and a ridiculously loud side pipe setup. i would also shorten the stock exhaust pipes so that you could hide the big ugly mufflers underneath the car and get a new bumper so that it looks real clean. just my suggestion ---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ---------- unless you dont mean like a large exposed shiny pipe on the side of the car.thats what i think you are talking about. if you mean just a normal side exhaust, then cervini makes an awesome kit and ford racing makes a boss side exhaust kit.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. I've seen It on a few s197s and 90 percent of the time they look stupid.... That being said, the other ten percent they look really clean, and real nice. Do you have any idea what that all would cost? Thanks for all the advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

i havn't the slightest idea.depends on if your doing the fabrication yourself or if you'll be paying a shop to do it. i couldn't imagine it being too much though. i don't see it taking a long time to make.

Pypes Electric Mustang Exhaust Cutout Kit HVE10K (79-14 All) - Free Shipping HVE10K

here are some electric cutouts. there are cheaper ones on the market, yes, but im a fan of pypes products. i think CJponyparts might have some cheaper ones.you'd havta look.

my friends and i toss around random ideas for our cars all the time. we talked about this for a while actually. we figured for it to look right it would have to be a smaller diameter pipe, or a slim square shaped design to be able to pull it off.

whatever you do though, i want to see the finished product. it'd be cool.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

keep in mine, ground clearance will be a thing of the past. that side panel thing is actually covering the frame from what i can tell. i guess you could hack it apart but i've not been brave enough to explore it.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchRed6 View Post
i havn't the slightest idea.depends on if your doing the fabrication yourself or if you'll be paying a shop to do it. i couldn't imagine it being too much though. i don't see it taking a long time to make. Pypes Electric Mustang Exhaust Cutout Kit HVE10K (79-14 All) - Free Shipping HVE10K here are some electric cutouts. there are cheaper ones on the market, yes, but im a fan of pypes products. i think CJponyparts might have some cheaper ones.you'd havta look. my friends and i toss around random ideas for our cars all the time. we talked about this for a while actually. we figured for it to look right it would have to be a smaller diameter pipe, or a slim square shaped design to be able to pull it off. whatever you do though, i want to see the finished product. it'd be cool. ---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ---------- keep in mine, ground clearance will be a thing of the past. that side panel thing is actually covering the frame from what i can tell. i guess you could hack it apart but i've not been brave enough to explore it.
I'll let you know how it turns out, and prices and if I run into any kinks along the way. I think a square side pipe would be cool.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

awesome! good luck!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT