Thinking ablut HID's - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:14 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95 View Post
Just now saw this my bad, but I have the oem style smoked ones from AM. I bought different bulbs but it's still real dull
I checked on AM for the 05-09 smoked OE-style headlights and they require an H13 bulb, not H3.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #37
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
People are too cheap to worry about buying quality products then constantly complain about flickering lights and non working bulbs. You get what you pay for with leaking aftermarket headlights and knock off hid kits. A hid setup is more than the bulbs.
There's something you and I COMPLETELY agree on

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
I checked on AM for the 05-09 smoked OE-style headlights and they require an H13 bulb, not H3.
H13 is correct. I run a bi-xenon h13 6k kit in those smoked lights & never get high beamed
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
There's something you and I COMPLETELY agree on H13 is correct. I run a bi-xenon h13 6k kit in those smoked lights & never get high beamed
Damn I dont know much about lighting so I didn't know that they were different.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I figured op was far enough along to not save. Some people aren't worth my time. Buy a cheap kit, I don't care. Just know the cars who blind you back agree with me. People are too cheap to worry about buying quality products then constantly complain about flickering lights and non working bulbs. You get what you pay for with leaking aftermarket headlights and knock off hid kits. A hid setup is more than the bulbs.
Idk why you're so butthurt haha. I haven't payed for anything yet. All I was doing was asking for help and getting the info I need, which I did and I don't plan on getting them from DDM.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95

Damn I dont know much about lighting so I didn't know that they were different.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------



Idk why you're so butthurt haha. I haven't payed for anything yet. All I was doing was asking for help and getting the info I need, which I did and I don't plan on getting them from DDM.
Nothing against you. The consensus on this site is who cares as long as it looks cool.

Apparently i'm hated by certain members on this board because I lend advice from a legal and personal standpoint. It is illegal per federal dot laws to install any hid system into a vehicle shipped from the factory with halogen lighting. I'm also not in favor of the blinding glaring light emitted from these modifications.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
clflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Barling
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Nothing against you. The consensus on this site is who cares as long as it looks cool.

Apparently i'm hated by certain members on this board because I lend advice from a legal and personal standpoint. It is illegal per federal dot laws to install any hid system into a vehicle shipped from the factory with halogen lighting. I'm also not in favor of the blinding glaring light emitted from these modifications.
What if I had some.dark *** headlights.and I couldn't see good with the bright bulbs, Silverstar ultra?
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida

What if I had some.dark *** headlights.and I couldn't see good with the bright bulbs, Silverstar ultra?
Ever thought of headlights that don't impede your vision? Not my fault you made a dumb purchase to look cool.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
clflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Barling
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Ever thought of headlights that don't impede your vision? Not my fault you made a dumb purchase to look cool.
Its not a dumb purchase if it works. You buy hids or atleast I will, so I can see better. It'll help but I guess it will still be a stupid purchase huh?
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida

Its not a dumb purchase if it works. You buy hids or atleast I will, so I can see better. It'll help but I guess it will still be a stupid purchase huh?
Just proving the point I made earlier. Thank you.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
clflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Barling
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Just proving the point I made earlier. Thank you.
Great! Glad we could come to a conclusion! So which HID kit do you recommend I buy?
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida

Great! Glad we could come to a conclusion! So which HID kit do you recommend I buy?
I recommend not breaking the law and not blinding other drivers, therefore I recommend upgrading your halogen bulbs to a quality aftermarket set.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I recommend not breaking the law and not blinding other drivers, therefore I recommend upgrading your halogen bulbs to a quality aftermarket set.
Tried it, which is why I plan on getting HID's. I don't care if you think it's stupid of me for getting dark headlights. It's my car and my choice if I want to break the law. Like it or not I couldn't give 2 shiits.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95

Tried it, which is why I plan on getting HID's. I don't care if you think it's stupid of me for getting dark headlights. It's my car and my choice if I want to break the law. Like it or not I couldn't give 2 shiits.
Yet unlike most vehicle modifications it directly affects each driver you encounter on the road.

I'm not going to change your mind, I just hope the oncoming cars don't swerve your direction.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Yet unlike most vehicle modifications it directly affects each driver you encounter on the road. I'm not going to change your mind, I just hope the oncoming cars don't swerve your direction.
I'm sure If I get blinded by people all the time and can stay in control perfectly fine They'll be able to do the same. Especially when they won't be near as bright with my darker lights.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Ever thought of headlights that don't impede your vision? Not my fault you made a dumb purchase to look cool.
+1

lowflyn has a [very] valid argument, and it takes balls to be as persistent as he's been with dealing with ignorant punks (not targeting anyone in this thread, but in the past). I for one, respect this user.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #50
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
I got my hid it on sonicelectronix BUT you lose your high beams
I bought mine from them and I have hi and low beams. I also had an issue with a ballast they took care of it 100%!!
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:09 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.