Any suggestions to avoid this again!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Any suggestions to avoid this again!?

I posted a thread a while back about how stiff and awful my suspension was I finally got tired of it and took it to the shop turns out I had a few problems here they are I am a high school student and had to pay for this my self I've been trying to save up for college my boom and stuff this really hit me on the gut I have never lowered my car never been off road never abused it the only kind of abuse it sees is at the track is there a way to avoid this from happening again all the replacements are listed on the image I just don't have that kind of money to be blowing all the time thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131126_232420.png
Views:	208
Size:	470.0 KB
ID:	138516
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32GT32 View Post
I posted a thread a while back about how stiff and awful my suspension was I finally got tired of it and took it to the shop turns out I had a few problems here they are I am a high school student and had to pay for this my self I've been trying to save up for college my boom and stuff this really hit me on the gut I have never lowered my car never been off road never abused it the only kind of abuse it sees is at the track is there a way to avoid this from happening again all the replacements are listed on the image I just don't have that kind of money to be blowing all the time thanks
I'd say buy the parts from craigslist/AM and install yourself. If you have the right tools that is
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
It's an older mustang and you have to figure on spending $$ every month to maintain it in a road worthy condition. I just had to replace the alternator on my 06 and soon I'll be buying new tires, struts and shocks.

Try and hang in there. I don't see that you're doing anything wrong.
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog View Post
It's an older mustang and you have to figure on spending $$ every month to maintain it in a road worthy condition. I just had to replace the alternator on my 06 and soon I'll be buying new tires, struts and shocks.

Try and hang in there. I don't see that you're doing anything wrong.
Yeah man it seems like every time I'm starting to maintain a good budget boom something hits me looks like I'm gonna have to put income tax and holiday pay $ back on my savings and wait to buy my self something later on I was just a lil upset Kuz I didn't know if it was a wear and tear thing or if it was something stupid I did at the track or something

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95 View Post

I'd say buy the parts from craigslist/AM and install yourself. If you have the right tools that is
:/ sad thing is that's my receipt from the shop my friend told me the same thing but my dad butted in and told me to do it by a "professional" it is what it is I'm not gonna sit there and argue with the old man it just hurt my savings alot but its life you know
Old 11-26-2013, 11:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
What you're complaining about is actually called life. That's how it is man. Life is expensive.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
[QUOTE=32GT32;1875803]I posted a thread a while back about how stiff and awful my suspension was I finally got tired of it and took it to the shop turns out I had a few problems here they are I am a high school student and had to pay for this my self I've been trying to save up for college my boom and stuff this really hit me on the gut I have never lowered my car never been off road never abused it the only kind of abuse it sees is at the track is there a way to avoid this from happening again all the replacements are listed on the image I just don't have that kind of money to be blowing all the time thanks

I thought that you only needed a 2-wheel alignment, 4-wheel alignments are for cars with independent rear suspensions.

Buy the parts you can upgrade while your at it to a better suspension package. How many miles do you have on it?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:53 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Could save $500 bones by learning how to do this urself. Maybe Dad should step up and show his son how to work on cars... Or at least be supportive when the son shows interest in saving money for school by working on his own ride. A very good talent to have.
Buy a Chilton (or youtube for u younger kids!) and buy or rent some tools.
Anyway. Sux this time of year for sure.
Gl,
Troy
Old 11-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

What the heck I didn't pay attention to that.. and it has 51,630 I was thinking of going ahead on ordering lowering springs and install them I have a 12,000 warranty on the fix anyways
Old 11-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getn off View Post
Could save $500 bones by learning how to do this urself. Maybe Dad should step up and show his son how to work on cars... Or at least be supportive when the son shows interest in saving money for school by working on his own ride. A very good talent to have.
Buy a Chilton (or youtube for u younger kids!) and buy or rent some tools.
Anyway. Sux this time of year for sure.
Gl,
Troy
That's what I said but he's one of those people that wants it done the "right way and warrantied" I told him I didn't have $ to blow like him but I mean its life next time this happens I'm doing it my darn self with a buddy it does help to know how to do it yourself instead of other people doing it for you it really helps a lot on your wallet too! Lol
Old 11-27-2013, 12:15 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Only 51k??? You got had.
Check another shop.
Troy
Old 11-27-2013, 06:41 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Only 51k??? You got had.
Check another shop.
Troy
x2
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I replaced all my suspension at 60k, but I did it myself and spent half that for more stuff

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
I replaced all my suspension at 60k, but I did it myself and spent half that for more stuff
Many do. But, was it dangerous and undrivable? I doubt it. In fact, any car built past about 1980 is designed to last a good 100k untouched. I would bet these shocks and bushings will last 150-200k without anything ever done to them. To keep it tight and fun, sure maybe replace after 50-75k. But this poor guy doesn't have the cash to spare right now. I would be pissed
Troy
Old 11-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:

Many do. But, was it dangerous and undrivable? I doubt it. In fact, any car built past about 1980 is designed to last a good 100k untouched. I would bet these shocks and bushings will last 150-200k without anything ever done to them. To keep it tight and fun, sure maybe replace after 50-75k. But this poor guy doesn't have the cash to spare right now. I would be pissed
Troy
My ball joints were literally gonna fall of the car and it was wearing down my tires fast as hell

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
They get away with a 4-wheel (and charging more) by measuring the thrust angle of your rear axle. But that really only needs to be checked if you curbed the rear end hard or the car was in an accident
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I always try to avoid wearing my suspension down, it's just a habit you have to get into.

Always avoid routes with older roads, and steer clear from pot holes or imperfections in the roads, even if that means you have to go in the other lane (obviously only if there's no other cars coming towards you). Slow down almost to a stop when going over speed bumps, and hold your break while going over them. Do the same when pulling into a driveway or area where's there a bit of a 1in to 1.5in curb.

My brother drives his 06 Pony Package like the roads are just perfect and curb-less, and not only is his Pony Package upgraded suspension going bad, but I get beat to death riding with him.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT