Need help 2007 GT won't turn on - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
2007GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Washington
Region: Washington
Posts: 4
Need help 2007 GT won't turn on

Last night I pulled my radio fuse under the hood trying to fix my CD error on my shaker 1000. It did not work so I went to the interior fuse panel and pulled out the cord above the fuse panel and was un able to get into that fuse panel and gave up. I connected everything back together that night. This morning I go to start my car and it won't even turn over. Nothing shows up on the instrument panel and the car won't come out of park even with the brake depressed. The lights work so the battery isn't dead. Please help.
2007GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Screaming Mach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lebanon
Region: Missouri
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007GT View Post
Last night I pulled my radio fuse under the hood trying to fix my CD error on my shaker 1000. It did not work so I went to the interior fuse panel and pulled out the cord above the fuse panel and was un able to get into that fuse panel and gave up. I connected everything back together that night. This morning I go to start my car and it won't even turn over. Nothing shows up on the instrument panel and the car won't come out of park even with the brake depressed. The lights work so the battery isn't dead. Please help.
Did you unplug the battery and let it reset?
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
Registered User
Newbie
 
2007GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Washington
Region: Washington
Posts: 4
I will when I get home tonight. I hope it will work.
2007GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Screaming Mach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lebanon
Region: Missouri
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007GT View Post
I will when I get home tonight. I hope it will work.
Yes I hope that's all it is I had some what of the same problem in my last car unplugged the battery for like 10 min and it was good after that .
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Boise
Region: Idaho
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007GT View Post
Last night I pulled my radio fuse under the hood trying to fix my CD error on my shaker 1000. It did not work so I went to the interior fuse panel and pulled out the cord above the fuse panel and was un able to get into that fuse panel and gave up. I connected everything back together that night. This morning I go to start my car and it won't even turn over. Nothing shows up on the instrument panel and the car won't come out of park even with the brake depressed. The lights work so the battery isn't dead. Please help.
This is why most repair instructions start with "Disconnect Negative Battery Terminal". Truth be told, that's likely all you would have to do to reset your stereo, too. Never work on any electrical part, under the hood, or in the cabin of your car without disconnecting the battery. One little short-circuit could fry some vital computer parts.
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Screaming Mach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lebanon
Region: Missouri
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fader View Post

This is why most repair instructions start with "Disconnect Negative Battery Terminal". Truth be told, that's likely all you would have to do to reset your stereo, too. Never work on any electrical part, under the hood, or in the cabin of your car without disconnecting the battery. One little short-circuit could fry some vital computer parts.
+1000
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Almost sounds like a PATS issue (passive anti-theft system). If the PATS does not "reconize" the key (in the ignition), the starter will not ingage/spin. Hopefully the battery disconnect is a solution.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Davo_281GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bogalusa
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Almost sounds like a PATS issue (passive anti-theft system). If the PATS does not "reconize" the key (in the ignition), the starter will not ingage/spin. Hopefully the battery disconnect is a solution.
I like your quotes man...good stuff.
__________________
"A mans reach should exceed his grasp."
Davo_281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:24 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.