Need help 2007 GT won't turn on - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #1

Region: Washington
Need help 2007 GT won't turn on

Last night I pulled my radio fuse under the hood trying to fix my CD error on my shaker 1000. It did not work so I went to the interior fuse panel and pulled out the cord above the fuse panel and was un able to get into that fuse panel and gave up. I connected everything back together that night. This morning I go to start my car and it won't even turn over. Nothing shows up on the instrument panel and the car won't come out of park even with the brake depressed. The lights work so the battery isn't dead. Please help.
2007GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007GT View Post
Last night I pulled my radio fuse under the hood trying to fix my CD error on my shaker 1000. It did not work so I went to the interior fuse panel and pulled out the cord above the fuse panel and was un able to get into that fuse panel and gave up. I connected everything back together that night. This morning I go to start my car and it won't even turn over. Nothing shows up on the instrument panel and the car won't come out of park even with the brake depressed. The lights work so the battery isn't dead. Please help.
Did you unplug the battery and let it reset?
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #3

Region: Washington
I will when I get home tonight. I hope it will work.
2007GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I will when I get home tonight. I hope it will work.
Yes I hope that's all it is I had some what of the same problem in my last car unplugged the battery for like 10 min and it was good after that .
Old 12-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Quote:
This is why most repair instructions start with "Disconnect Negative Battery Terminal". Truth be told, that's likely all you would have to do to reset your stereo, too. Never work on any electrical part, under the hood, or in the cabin of your car without disconnecting the battery. One little short-circuit could fry some vital computer parts.
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fader View Post

This is why most repair instructions start with "Disconnect Negative Battery Terminal". Truth be told, that's likely all you would have to do to reset your stereo, too. Never work on any electrical part, under the hood, or in the cabin of your car without disconnecting the battery. One little short-circuit could fry some vital computer parts.
+1000
Old 12-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Almost sounds like a PATS issue (passive anti-theft system). If the PATS does not "reconize" the key (in the ignition), the starter will not ingage/spin. Hopefully the battery disconnect is a solution.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Almost sounds like a PATS issue (passive anti-theft system). If the PATS does not "reconize" the key (in the ignition), the starter will not ingage/spin. Hopefully the battery disconnect is a solution.
I like your quotes man...good stuff.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT