Originally Posted by 2007GT
Last night I pulled my radio fuse under the hood trying to fix my CD error on my shaker 1000. It did not work so I went to the interior fuse panel and pulled out the cord above the fuse panel and was un able to get into that fuse panel and gave up. I connected everything back together that night. This morning I go to start my car and it won't even turn over. Nothing shows up on the instrument panel and the car won't come out of park even with the brake depressed. The lights work so the battery isn't dead. Please help.
This is why most repair instructions start with "Disconnect Negative Battery Terminal". Truth be told, that's likely all you would have to do to reset your stereo, too. Never work on any electrical part, under the hood, or in the cabin of your car without disconnecting the battery. One little short-circuit could fry some vital computer parts.