Mufflers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Mufflers

Ok as we all know theres different brands of mufflers to mid mount(slp,magnapacks,stingers,pypes m80s,and kooks) to get that sound I'm sure we miss from the new edge.my question is even though they all have a round bullit style body do they sound identically to each other or do they have there own distinct sound.im going to be getting kooks lt x pipe(catted or offroad not sure) sometime after Christmas.idk if ill be getting the kooks performance ab or just buy tips and do a mid mount system.just wondering if theres a sound difference in the mufflers.

And yes I've looked at YouTube searched and really couldn't find any info other than m80s.
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have JBA LTs with off road X and SLP axle back and I love it! Everyone I know compliments and ask for the seat up I'm running, some guys say it's too loud, I don't think so. I'm not always stomping my gas around town. It's not loud till you get on it, in my opinion if its too loud your to old.
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie View Post
I have JBA LTs with off road X and SLP axle back and I love it! Everyone I know compliments and ask for the seat up I'm running, some guys say it's too loud, I don't think so. I'm not always stomping my gas around town. It's not loud till you get on it, in my opinion if its too loud your to old.
Slps sound good but with an offroad to me its LOUD haha.but I'm talking about just the mufflers that you can mid mount.do they all sound the same or different since they all have a round body style?i have the pype bombs and getting bored and ill either switch to the kooks ab or a muffler to mid mount but idk if theres a sound difference
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I just did my exhaust after a bunch of research and videos and i love it. Bassani hi flo cats. Just past the trans x member i had them fab up an h pipe (being as my stock one was gone) then right before the axle i mid mounted two magnapacks then out the back. It gave me that deep throaty sound i was looking for. Cold starts its loud when it warms up of course its got a good tone thats smooth. When driving its still a deep tone and loud but not so loud you have to blast your speakers to over power it and people on the side arent covering their ears. Haha. I listened to a lot of m80, slp, stinger, and magnaflows. For the tone i was looking after all the vids i narrowed it down to stinger and mp and for the money and between videos i watched not much sound diff in the two so i bit the bullit on magnapacks. Hope this helps. GL
Hfdbuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfdbuck09 View Post
I just did my exhaust after a bunch of research and videos and i love it. Bassani hi flo cats. Just past the trans x member i had them fab up an h pipe (being as my stock one was gone) then right before the axle i mid mounted two magnapacks then out the back. It gave me that deep throaty sound i was looking for. Cold starts its loud when it warms up of course its got a good tone thats smooth. When driving its still a deep tone and loud but not so loud you have to blast your speakers to over power it and people on the side arent covering their ears. Haha. I listened to a lot of m80, slp, stinger, and magnaflows. For the tone i was looking after all the vids i narrowed it down to stinger and mp and for the money and between videos i watched not much sound diff in the two so i bit the bullit on magnapacks. Hope this helps. GL
Well I've made a decision on kooks lt and x not sure if I want offroad or catted.as far as ab I ill either get te kooks ab for the 2010gt or mid mount.i so t like the way the stingers sound(muffler or ab)just doesn't appeal to me like the new edge did.so it's down to the m80s magnapacks slp or kooks mufflers(oval or round)but idk if they each have there own distinct sound.does the length or material make a difference or is it whatever's inside make a difference.ive checked summit read the discription and didn't really say much
Old 12-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

From my knowledge and opinion dont quote me but length matters longer is quieter cause has to travel further. Inside material matters also. The amount determines the deep sound cause it absorbs more if tgeres more packing. If its smaller daimeter and less packing id assume the louder and higher tone for instance the loudmouth 1. Also m80 reason i narrowed it down to stinger and MP is the length and amount of packing they use the stinger are shorter but make up for it in circumfrence so both to me sounded about the same. Theyre all straight through designs so cant go wrong with any but also think the less packing means over time itll wear out faster. Its all prefferance in sound i guess if u want loud race car sounding and going for hp id go x pipe and m80s or loudmouths. You want as deep and muscle car sounding as possible with these 3v go h pipe mid mount MP or stinger. I cant give insight on headers being as i have stock and have no ambition to change them but sure someone will chime in that has them.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfdbuck09 View Post
From my knowledge and opinion dont quote me but length matters longer is quieter cause has to travel further. Inside material matters also. The amount determines the deep sound cause it absorbs more if tgeres more packing. If its smaller daimeter and less packing id assume the louder and higher tone for instance the loudmouth 1. Also m80 reason i narrowed it down to stinger and MP is the length and amount of packing they use the stinger are shorter but make up for it in circumfrence so both to me sounded about the same. Theyre all straight through designs so cant go wrong with any but also think the less packing means over time itll wear out faster. Its all prefferance in sound i guess if u want loud race car sounding and going for hp id go x pipe and m80s or loudmouths. You want as deep and muscle car sounding as possible with these 3v go h pipe mid mount MP or stinger. I cant give insight on headers being as i have stock and have no ambition to change them but sure someone will chime in that has them.
Yea ive narrowed it down to either the magnapacks m80s or the kooks mufflers or kooks performance ab.where did you get your magna packs from?and I like the h pipe too love that deeper tone but the x is my favorite.with our 3v its hard to get that nice tone with the x but probably go with the catted since I'm sure there lt will make it a lil.i like loud but not ear drum bust loud
Old 12-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ebay
Old 12-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: California
If you buy a cat back but don't like the sound can you just swap mufflers?
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT