My First Mod + Question about exhaust? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Luzerne County
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
My First Mod + Question about exhaust?

Hey guys, I just did some mods on my stang, small things but boy it looks goood!

I have a quick question, I did the Pypes Bomb Exhaust and I just want to know how much do you close the clamps that connect the the axel back to the factory piping? Do you close it alllll the way? or do you just make it nice n snug? I have everything installed already it was so easy to do.









skl1cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Langer1099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bartlett
Region: Illinois
Posts: 348
The more I tightened my pype bombs up, the better it looked. When you tighten it as tight as possible, it seems to pull the exhaust in a little bit more, which makes it look flush with your rear bumper. I had a problem with my tips sticking about about 1 inch, maybe 1.5 inches. The more I tightened everything up, the more even the pipes looking coming out the back.

Clamp those things as best as you can.
__________________
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Luzerne County
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
hah Thanks!
skl1cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by skl1cent View Post
Hey guys, I just did some mods on my stang, small things but boy it looks goood!

I have a quick question, I did the Pypes Bomb Exhaust and I just want to know how much do you close the clamps that connect the the axel back to the factory piping? Do you close it alllll the way? or do you just make it nice n snug? I have everything installed already it was so easy to do.









looks sweet, im waiting on that decklid to come in for my GT too
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 312
I had to weld it to the factory piping cause as tight as I had them they were still loose but they do sound awesome though
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Luzerne County
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
thanks guys and yes they do sound awesome mine are starting to break in before it was reallly groany but its becoming more refined love the sound suchhh a difference compared to stock lol before I felt like driving a mini van n now it feels like a v8 beast the way its suppose to be hahahha
skl1cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Langer1099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bartlett
Region: Illinois
Posts: 348
Get an x pipe, then you will really love it.
__________________
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Luzerne County
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
yeaaa I been thinking bout off road h pipe lolll is there a crazy difference between catted and not? I'm thinking catted might be a waste of cash since we already have stocks catted lol
skl1cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Langer1099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bartlett
Region: Illinois
Posts: 348
Buy an O/R h or O/R x and weld in some mid mufflers.
__________________
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Luzerne County
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
Here's the sound I hope to eventually create

skl1cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Langer1099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bartlett
Region: Illinois
Posts: 348
A little too loud for me. I went O/R X with pype bombs and hated it. Welded in some mid mufflers and now it sounds like a monster.
__________________
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
I see you installed some lowering springs, but you did consider at least an adjustable panhard bar as well? Gonna regret it if you didn't man...
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer1099 View Post
A little too loud for me. I went O/R X with pype bombs and hated it. Welded in some mid mufflers and now it sounds like a monster.
Off-road just isnt for some. Everyone's tastes are different. The only person who know the "best" sound is YOU considering best sounds is opinion The catback that's matched up with off road makes a huge difference as well.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Off-road just isnt for some. Everyone's tastes are different. The only person who know the "best" sound is YOU considering best sounds is opinion The catback that's matched up with off road makes a huge different as well.
+1
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Langer1099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bartlett
Region: Illinois
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Off-road just isnt for some. Everyone's tastes are different. The only person who know the "best" sound is YOU considering best sounds is opinion The catback that's matched up with off road makes a huge different as well.
I still have an O/R X and love it. Just have mid mufflers along with the O/R X and its amazing. My car sounded like a pick up truck during acceleration and a glass jar filled with marbles when I downshifted. I had people in camouflage commenting the sound of my car at stoplights. That is when I knew it wasn't good.
__________________
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
MasonStacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pomeroy
Region: Washington
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
I see you installed some lowering springs, but you did consider at least an adjustable panhard bar as well? Gonna regret it if you didn't man...
I bought sr lowering spring, but I didn't buy a pan hard bar? What is bad about not having it?
MasonStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:06 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonStacks View Post
I bought sr lowering spring, but I didn't buy a pan hard bar? What is bad about not having it?
eibach lowering spring problem
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Luzerne County
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
well lucky for me I didnt install the lowering springs yet LOL so w/e is needed in time I will be able to get it im planning on installing them next summer as far a mufflers, which dynomax race bullet do you guys think is the best sounding for that nice low tone growl! my pypes bomb alone has too much of a trumpet sound tho i gotta say it sounds freaken beast when I realllly get on it LOL passing people is FUN!!! LMAO they look to the side like what.... lol!
skl1cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Just get pypes m80's
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Luzerne County
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
where do mid mufflers install, i know its in the cat back mid section but where in the mid section? closer to cats? further from cats? does it matter?
skl1cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 312
Before the over axle
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Langer1099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bartlett
Region: Illinois
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchred2010gt View Post
Before the over axle
That is where I put mine. After a few weeks, they broke in. They sound loud and clean.
__________________
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:21 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Pretty sure it's mid pipe <mid muffler<over axle pipe<axle back
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Hfdbuck09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hattiesburg
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 37
I did stock manifolds. Bassani hi flow cats. Did a custom longer h pipe right behind the trans x member its about 14" long (going for sound not hp is why) ie it has a little further to travel to break up a high pitch and gives a rumble. Then i mid mounted magnaflow magnapacks. Then over the axle out to tips. Its got a good growl to it makes it sound mean. No high pitch no hollow sound or anything. It was really loud at cold starts kind of anoying until it warmed up but i just added a C&L cai and a custom tune and now its mellow. Not loud at cruising but u get into it you know its a beast then. Just like someone said its all in what sound you want and what goals your going for. HP of course less restrictive but low growl h pipe mid mounts. The way i see it and its my opinion having all sorts of setups through the years on different vehicles muffler choice size of pipe baffels packing whatever inside the muffler all have a big factor or your sound. In mid mounting a striaght through designed piped ie magnapack, m80s, stingers etc it has a chance to soak up some noise inside that packing vs being axle back it really just shoots straight through the muffler not giving a chance to soak into the packing. Giving a higher pitch and more popping. To each their own and really all prefference on what you want at best youll loose a couple hp adding differnt things to get the sound you want but not a big deal in my eyes. Good luck on what you decide and hope this helps
Hfdbuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Luzerne County
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer1099 View Post
That is where I put mine. After a few weeks, they broke in. They sound loud and clean.
which one's did ya get? do you have any videos i'd love to hear it and also did you have a shop weld it or are you able to cut n clamp?

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfdbuck09 View Post
I did stock manifolds. Bassani hi flow cats. Did a custom longer h pipe right behind the trans x member its about 14" long (going for sound not hp is why) ie it has a little further to travel to break up a high pitch and gives a rumble. Then i mid mounted magnaflow magnapacks. Then over the axle out to tips. Its got a good growl to it makes it sound mean. No high pitch no hollow sound or anything. It was really loud at cold starts kind of anoying until it warmed up but i just added a C&L cai and a custom tune and now its mellow. Not loud at cruising but u get into it you know its a beast then. Just like someone said its all in what sound you want and what goals your going for. HP of course less restrictive but low growl h pipe mid mounts. The way i see it and its my opinion having all sorts of setups through the years on different vehicles muffler choice size of pipe baffels packing whatever inside the muffler all have a big factor or your sound. In mid mounting a striaght through designed piped ie magnapack, m80s, stingers etc it has a chance to soak up some noise inside that packing vs being axle back it really just shoots straight through the muffler not giving a chance to soak into the packing. Giving a higher pitch and more popping. To each their own and really all prefference on what you want at best youll loose a couple hp adding differnt things to get the sound you want but not a big deal in my eyes. Good luck on what you decide and hope this helps

thanks! do you have any videos of your setup? would love to hear it as well
skl1cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Langer1099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bartlett
Region: Illinois
Posts: 348
M80s welded just before the rear axle. I don't have a video, but this is exactly how my car sounds.



Skip to 2:40
__________________
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Luzerne County
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
sounds beautifulll!!!!!!!!! wooohooo I know what I want now ! lol you still have stock headers right?
skl1cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Langer1099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bartlett
Region: Illinois
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by skl1cent View Post
sounds beautifulll!!!!!!!!! wooohooo I know what I want now ! lol you still have stock headers right?
Stock manifolds --> Pypes O/R X pipe --> M80s welded in --> Pype Bomb axleback welded in
__________________
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Luzerne County
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
sweeet, so im gonna see if i can pickup some M80's and probably gonna do a shorty o/r H heh but these are mods im gonna have to wait till summer is coming around again also gonna get some wheels. I drive my stang daily 100 miles round trip. Sucks! but I love driving this thing, cant give it up lol I put 10k miles on it in the last like 4 months since I bought it lol just hit 19.9xx lol
skl1cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Langer1099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bartlett
Region: Illinois
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by skl1cent View Post
sweeet, so im gonna see if i can pickup some M80's and probably gonna do a shorty o/r H heh but these are mods im gonna have to wait till summer is coming around again also gonna get some wheels. I drive my stang daily 100 miles round trip. Sucks! but I love driving this thing, cant give it up lol I put 10k miles on it in the last like 4 months since I bought it lol just hit 19.9xx lol
That is what its all about man. Drive it like you stole it.

You'll love the sound. I've had a few people stop me at stoplights to compliment it. Lots of thumbs up too.

Next for me is my 4.10s and lower control arms sitting here on my table waiting to get put in. Ahhhhh, yes.
__________________
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:15 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Luzerne County
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
haha good stuff i'd like from 3.73's for my car, I have 5speed, now im up to 20,500 LMAO it goes quickkk!!!! but hell, couldnt give it up, I just ordered myself a set of winter tires Blizzaks LM60's haha its gonna look like a beast with those! hahah
skl1cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:00 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Langer1099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bartlett
Region: Illinois
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by skl1cent View Post
haha good stuff i'd like from 3.73's for my car, I have 5speed, now im up to 20,500 LMAO it goes quickkk!!!! but hell, couldnt give it up, I just ordered myself a set of winter tires Blizzaks LM60's haha its gonna look like a beast with those! hahah
I bought a winter truck. The salt here in Chicago will eat my Mustang for every meal. I beat on my old Explorer The thing is a salt magnet....Who cares!
__________________
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:32 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Luzerne County
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
hahahha I was thinking of getting an explorer sport lol can't beat 4x4 but we will see I jus ordered my pipes m80s from AM they had the 79-04 all should fit right 2.5diam? can't wait to get those babies on then all I have to do is get my h pipe maybe next week hahah
skl1cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:38 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Langer1099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bartlett
Region: Illinois
Posts: 348
Good stuff. You'll love the sound. They are quiet for a few weeks, but believe it or not, they will get louder after they break in.
__________________
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:46 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Luzerne County
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
ywppp well with me driving 500 miles a week it'll b broken in in no time lolll
skl1cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:20 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.