2006 GT supercharged - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
2006 GT supercharged

So I just got a 99 Gt and but we had it looked at by a shop for the AC and we found out it's gonna cost a lot of money to fix we also found out the ball joints are loose and so are the sway bars and the shop wants to charge a lot of money for all this. The rest of the car is great it has an 04 Mach one block with forged pistons. But we just found out my moms friend is selling a 2006 Gt with a roush supercharger on it. And we were thinking about trading my car in and paying some more to get the 06 but none of us have any idea how much it's worth because of the supercharger, any ideas on what a reasonable price would be?
Lasers_on_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Anybody?
Old 12-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Is there anything else done to it? What's the Milage, what options does it have ? Also is it a m90 or a the tvs supercharger. I mean id find out what other cars with similar milage and options goes for and once you know all the mods add extra value for the mods( find out the retail price of the mods and deduct some of that value due to the usage) . I mean that could be a start for you anyhow. Untill soneone has a more definite answer
Edd204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasers_on_back View Post
So I just got a 99 Gt and but we had it looked at by a shop for the AC and we found out it's gonna cost a lot of money to fix we also found out the ball joints are loose and so are the sway bars and the shop wants to charge a lot of money for all this. The rest of the car is great it has an 04 Mach one block with forged pistons. But we just found out my moms friend is selling a 2006 Gt with a roush supercharger on it. And we were thinking about trading my car in and paying some more to get the 06 but none of us have any idea how much it's worth because of the supercharger, any ideas on what a reasonable price would be?
Like he said what condition is the car in and what is the mileage on the vehicle, after we get that info I'm sure I can give you a price.
MasonStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: California
If the blower was put on by a person you should prolly ask for a dyno sheet. Idk if any came from the factory like that tho
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #6

Hey, theres two different style Roush supercharger kits out there (M90 & TVS). Both superchargers should net above 400whp with ease @ 8psi. Of course the TVS 2300 is a 2.3L roots (I don't believe its a twinscrew), but I heard they do just fine. I had a Whipple 2.3L on my current '06 and it dynoed at 455/439 @ 10psi (now I have a turbo).

But, needless to say, you should see close to that power wise.
Price wise... depending on mileage (-65k), at least 18k.

Again, mileage plays a large role. I've seen some outrageous prices for supercharged mustangs here in Cali. But it's between 17-22k on average.
KKell83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It has 122k miles on it (almost all highway miles) and it's in really great condition. I'm not sure which supercharger it is but I'll find out and let you know
Old 12-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasers_on_back View Post
It has 122k miles on it (almost all highway miles) and it's in really great condition. I'm not sure which supercharger it is but I'll find out and let you know
That car without the supercharger runs for about 10-11k with that mileage and with the supercharger probably around 12-14k.
That's what I would pay.
MasonStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I wouldn't buy a supercharged vehicle with that type of mileage just my opinion
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:00 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85 View Post
I wouldn't buy a supercharged vehicle with that type of mileage just my opinion
It'll last.
My 03 cobra has 91,000 runs like a champ and I'm about to swap on a ported blower.
All that matters is how it was maintained.
I got all the receipts of maintenance when I bought mine.
Ask about how it was maintained.
When the blower was put on.
What Kind of boost is it running.
Has it been raced? How many times?
Look underneath look for rust or any body damage.
Take it for a drive listen for knocks/ticks(do not mistake spark plug sounds for ticks, ticks are much much louder)
Make sure it goes into gear/ no grinding
Make sure the clutch is good
Ask about when the belt was replaced(SC cars eat thru belts/ so thoroughly inspect it)
Ask who tuned it.
Nothing is wrong with havig a vehicle with 100k+
Today's cars are ment to run that long and even longer.
I believe someone on here has like 160,000 on their GT and no problems.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:08 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx View Post
It'll last. My 03 cobra has 91,000 runs like a champ and I'm about to swap on a ported blower. All that matters is how it was maintained. I got all the receipts of maintenance when I bought mine. Ask about how it was maintained. When the blower was put on. What Kind of boost is it running. Has it been raced? How many times? Look underneath look for rust or any body damage. Take it for a drive listen for knocks/ticks(do not mistake spark plug sounds for ticks, ticks are much much louder) Make sure it goes into gear/ no grinding Make sure the clutch is good Ask about when the belt was replaced(SC cars eat thru belts/ so thoroughly inspect it) Ask who tuned it. Nothing is wrong with havig a vehicle with 100k+ Today's cars are ment to run that long and even longer. I believe someone on here has like 160,000 on their GT and no problems.
Yeah but the cobra was built with the supercharger...the gt was not. An aftermarket supercharged engine is rarely as reliable as a factory supercharged car...especially when you get north of 100k miles....I'm just saying be prepared to have a lot of maintenance
Old 12-10-2013, 01:46 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85 View Post

Yeah but the cobra was built with the supercharger...the gt was not. An aftermarket supercharged engine is rarely as reliable as a factory supercharged car...especially when you get north of 100k miles....I'm just saying be prepared to have a lot of maintenance
Well of course. Like any SC car it's a little more to maintain. Seeing your pictures, I bet you know that.
Good lookin rides
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
It'll last. My 03 cobra has 91,000 runs like a champ and I'm about to swap on a ported blower. All that matters is how it was maintained. I got all the receipts of maintenance when I bought mine. Ask about how it was maintained. When the blower was put on. What Kind of boost is it running. Has it been raced? How many times? Look underneath look for rust or any body damage. Take it for a drive listen for knocks/ticks(do not mistake spark plug sounds for ticks, ticks are much much louder) Make sure it goes into gear/ no grinding Make sure the clutch is good Ask about when the belt was replaced(SC cars eat thru belts/ so thoroughly inspect it) Ask who tuned it. Nothing is wrong with havig a vehicle with 100k+ Today's cars are ment to run that long and even longer. I believe someone on here has like 160,000 on their GT and no problems.
I have 140 almost on mine and it runs great
Kylemittelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yea that's way to high of mileage especially with a supercharger
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well of course. Like any SC car it's a little more to maintain. Seeing your pictures, I bet you know that. Good lookin rides
Thx you too

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT