2006 GT electrical Issues - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #1

Region: New Jersey
2006 GT electrical Issues

I have a problem, my 2006 GT 4.6 Supercharged electrical system is going haywire. My instrument panel and radio just go off and then come back on after about 15 minutes. The dome lights go on and off. My power windows and locks work then the don't work. You can actually hear the door locks clicking on and off. My left turn signal is staying on and won't shut off. When I try flipping the turn signal off my headlights flicker. This all started happening today. Also the passenger door open alert comes on from time to time but it's definitely closed. Does anyone know what's going on? I'm scheduled for service in the middle of the week but I need to know what it might be?
richknowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by richknowl View Post
I have a problem, my 2006 GT 4.6 Supercharged electrical system is going haywire. My instrument panel and radio just go off and then come back on after about 15 minutes. The dome lights go on and off. My power windows and locks work then the don't work. You can actually hear the door locks clicking on and off. My left turn signal is staying on and won't shut off. When I try flipping the turn signal off my headlights flicker. This all started happening today. Also the passenger door open alert comes on from time to time but it's definitely closed. Does anyone know what's going on? I'm scheduled for service in the middle of the week but I need to know what it might be?
Sounds like a ghost
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #3

Tell me about it. This freaky crap started this morning and things just keep getting worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Have you tested the alternator? I've heard they can cause some freaky stuff. Also could be a short. Did you install the SC?

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #5

No I didn't. I bought it a month ago from a dealer. The Roush Supercharger was already installed. I've had it a month and a half and the problem started today.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Thanks Aggiesrok, I will look into the alternator. Also, does the smart junction fuse box ring a bell. Someone told me that can be an issue too?
Old 12-10-2013, 12:42 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
No I didn't. I bought it a month ago from a dealer. The Roush Supercharger was already installed. I've had it a month and a half and the problem started today. ---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ---------- Thanks Aggiesrok, I will look into the alternator. Also, does the smart junction fuse box ring a bell. Someone told me that can be an issue too?
I've heard the smart junction box can cause weird stuff. They can wet and cause shorts. Also the frame can crack and cause trouble. It requires a scan tool to test it. Apparently they're expensive.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:34 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
I've heard the smart junction box can cause weird stuff. They can wet and cause shorts. Also the frame can crack and cause trouble. It requires a scan tool to test it. Apparently they're expensive.
^+1 Check the passenger side carpet to see if it's soggy. Another way to check is pop the hood, remove the access panel to the cabin air filter (passenger side of the car) and look to see if it's filled with water. Ford designed the car with a double firewall. The 2 halves join together down near the footrest. To keep exhaust fumes out they use a "1 way" drains. Unfortunately, these fill with pine needles, seeds, leaves, etc and clog so water just starts filling up the void between the 2 firewalls. And to top that off, the cabin air filter just clips in about 3 inches above the drains, and it's a big square opening. So as water builds up, it just leaks into the car.
66Sprint200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #8

The passenger Side Carpet was soaked. Just like you said. I let the dealer know to look for this issue and sure enough, thats the problem. And since I just bought it and its not covered on warranty the service mgr. said the sales dept. will pick up the tab. Thanks to all for your input and help !!!!!
This Forum Rocks !!!!!
Old 12-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
The passenger Side Carpet was soaked. Just like you said. I let the dealer know to look for this issue and sure enough, thats the problem. And since I just bought it and its not covered on warranty the service mgr. said the sales dept. will pick up the tab. Thanks to all for your input and help !!!!!
This Forum Rocks !!!!!
That's what we are here for. Welcome Aboard man!
Old 12-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #10

Thanks Again....
Old 12-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
No problem. We are all here to help each other.
66Sprint200 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT