NA or FI the same old question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wyoming
Region: Michigan
Posts: 65
NA or FI the same old question

Been looking at KB superchargers for my 07 Shelby GT. Everyone says the same thing build your bottom end then get a supercharger.

My question is why not install the Top End Power Pack that give ported heads, high flow intake, Ford racing TB and Hot Rod Cams. With headers I would be looking 430 HP at the flywheel for about 4 grand verses 6500.00.

Has anybody installed these or seen them in action?
randy5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
08mustanggt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: milton
Region: Canada
Posts: 630
Because with the KB you can add more power down the line WHEN (not if) you want more. I would say go fi and then forge it, but I did that and blew my motor lol. So after personal experience, I'd say build it and then go fi. Building isn't that pricey, about $2, 000 for a good rotating assembly and $2, 500 for labor.
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wyoming
Region: Michigan
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustanggt View Post
Because with the KB you can add more power down the line WHEN (not if) you want more. I would say go fi and then forge it, but I did that and blew my motor lol. So after personal experience, I'd say build it and then go fi. Building isn't that pricey, about $2, 000 for a good rotating assembly and $2, 500 for labor.
That what I read.... Lots of rods poking out the sides of blocks because of too much boost. KB says 430 at the wheels unless you have forged internals.

Maybe a stroker motor this year then add a KB 2.8LC later.

Thanks
randy5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
jellyroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 92
Take a look at the top-end NA package here: Ford Racing 2005-2010 Mustang GT 400HP+ Top End Power Package -- M-FR4-S197

They stated that this package produced 425HP at 6300 RPM, however cost-wise you are right in the same ballpark as Roush's M90 blower.

Good luck with your build and I would like to know which way you go.
__________________
2008 GT/CS - {SLP Loudmouth Axle Back Exhaust- SR Strut Tower Brace - Raxiom Sequential Tail Light Kit - C&L Street CAI - Bama Tune - FRPP Lowering Springs - FRPP Rear Sway Bar - FRPP Struts & Shocks - BMR TCA032 LCAs}
jellyroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
08mustanggt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: milton
Region: Canada
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy5128 View Post

That what I read.... Lots of rods poking out the sides of blocks because of too much boost. KB says 430 at the wheels unless you have forged internals.

Maybe a stroker motor this year then add a KB 2.8LC later.

Thanks
Stroker is a very smart way to go! It Wil also add about 50 rwhp! MMR has a wicked deal right now that I'm going with. Forged american made crank, manley rods and pistons, total seal Cleve rings and rap rod bolts and its a 5.0 stroker that adds around 40-50 rwhp for $2,099
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wyoming
Region: Michigan
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustanggt View Post

Stroker is a very smart way to go! It Wil also add about 50 rwhp! MMR has a wicked deal right now that I'm going with. Forged american made crank, manley rods and pistons, total seal Cleve rings and rap rod bolts and its a 5.0 stroker that adds around 40-50 rwhp for $2,099
Thanks for the tip. Really thinking about a stroker this year with Hot Rod Cams, ported heads, and converter. I shoud see 400 at the wheels no problem. I can always add the Supercharger later with no worries except killing the tranny. This will also allow me to run a 2.8LC supercharger.
randy5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:46 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.