NA or FI the same old question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
NA or FI the same old question

Been looking at KB superchargers for my 07 Shelby GT. Everyone says the same thing build your bottom end then get a supercharger.

My question is why not install the Top End Power Pack that give ported heads, high flow intake, Ford racing TB and Hot Rod Cams. With headers I would be looking 430 HP at the flywheel for about 4 grand verses 6500.00.

Has anybody installed these or seen them in action?
randy5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Because with the KB you can add more power down the line WHEN (not if) you want more. I would say go fi and then forge it, but I did that and blew my motor lol. So after personal experience, I'd say build it and then go fi. Building isn't that pricey, about $2, 000 for a good rotating assembly and $2, 500 for labor.
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustanggt View Post
Because with the KB you can add more power down the line WHEN (not if) you want more. I would say go fi and then forge it, but I did that and blew my motor lol. So after personal experience, I'd say build it and then go fi. Building isn't that pricey, about $2, 000 for a good rotating assembly and $2, 500 for labor.
That what I read.... Lots of rods poking out the sides of blocks because of too much boost. KB says 430 at the wheels unless you have forged internals.

Maybe a stroker motor this year then add a KB 2.8LC later.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Take a look at the top-end NA package here: Ford Racing 2005-2010 Mustang GT 400HP+ Top End Power Package -- M-FR4-S197

They stated that this package produced 425HP at 6300 RPM, however cost-wise you are right in the same ballpark as Roush's M90 blower.

Good luck with your build and I would like to know which way you go.
2008 GT/CS - {SLP Loudmouth Axle Back Exhaust- SR Strut Tower Brace - Raxiom Sequential Tail Light Kit - C&L Street CAI - Bama Tune - FRPP Lowering Springs - FRPP Rear Sway Bar - FRPP Struts & Shocks - BMR TCA032 LCAs}
jellyroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy5128 View Post

That what I read.... Lots of rods poking out the sides of blocks because of too much boost. KB says 430 at the wheels unless you have forged internals.

Maybe a stroker motor this year then add a KB 2.8LC later.

Thanks
Stroker is a very smart way to go! It Wil also add about 50 rwhp! MMR has a wicked deal right now that I'm going with. Forged american made crank, manley rods and pistons, total seal Cleve rings and rap rod bolts and its a 5.0 stroker that adds around 40-50 rwhp for $2,099
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustanggt View Post

Stroker is a very smart way to go! It Wil also add about 50 rwhp! MMR has a wicked deal right now that I'm going with. Forged american made crank, manley rods and pistons, total seal Cleve rings and rap rod bolts and its a 5.0 stroker that adds around 40-50 rwhp for $2,099
Thanks for the tip. Really thinking about a stroker this year with Hot Rod Cams, ported heads, and converter. I shoud see 400 at the wheels no problem. I can always add the Supercharger later with no worries except killing the tranny. This will also allow me to run a 2.8LC supercharger.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT