Exhaust coming loose - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Exhaust coming loose

I have a 2007 mustang GT 4.6L manual and I just bought this Stang and so far it's been great the last week I been hearing my exhaust rattling and it's getting worst and worst. I want to take it to get looked at I'm not a mechanic at all but if I can fix this then I will If that's not a good idea then I won't so I'm here laying my problem to the great mustang lovers such as myself for guidanceClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1387037274.190493.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	141543Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1387037291.835935.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	141544Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1387037324.889771.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	141545Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1387037356.167880.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	141546
swoopty5525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
It's hard to tell a whole lot from the pictures. You should check all the bolts and connections to make sure everything's tight. Also check all those black rubber holders that are pictured. Sometimes the metal will slide out and become loose. Also check the exhaust tips to make sure that they are all tight.
TaylorF25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Can I take that rubber piece off or loosen it to put the rod back in it because they are sticking out of the rubber everything else looks normal, or is their a tool that will help me push it back in the rubber hole all the way? If I loosen the rubber and it comes off will the weight of the exhaust make it fall or is one side of it enough to loosen the other to fix and adjust?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoopty5525 View Post
Can I take that rubber piece off or loosen it to put the rod back in it because they are sticking out of the rubber everything else looks normal, or is their a tool that will help me push it back in the rubber hole all the way? If I loosen the rubber and it comes off will the weight of the exhaust make it fall or is one side of it enough to loosen the other to fix and adjust?

Just check the clamp that is connecting your mufflers to the mid pipe. I would undo that clamp and then push it as much as you can to the mid pipe and clamp it back on tight. If that isn't the problem I would get under it and look at the connection from your x or h pipe and see if those clamps are loose.
MasonStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:09 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Just check the clamp that is connecting your mufflers to the mid pipe. I would undo that clamp and then push it as much as you can to the mid pipe and clamp it back on tight. If that isn't the problem I would get under it and look at the connection from your x or h pipe and see if those clamps are loose.

Thanks bro I'm gonna try that today I wasn't sure if I could take those rubber tunes loose and adjust that without consequence to the exhaust or me...lol I'll let you both know how it went tanks again for the help
Old 12-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoopty5525 View Post

Thanks bro I'm gonna try that today I wasn't sure if I could take those rubber tunes loose and adjust that without consequence to the exhaust or me...lol I'll let you both know how it went tanks again for the help
No problem
MasonStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:08 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonStacks View Post
No problem

So I went under the car and looked at the holder and rubber pieces I in bolted all the pieces and pushed it back into the rubber and bolted it back. I took it for a drive and I realized I out the bracket on backwards the rubber that holds the bar and I heard the noise again but just barely, so I ended up just going yesterday to Mighty Muffler in Lawrenceville out here in GA and got my a exhaust delete for 80 bucks out the door and I'm glad I did the sound is gone now too, thanks again for the help bro I'm making this mustang a transformer Decepticon like no other I'll keep u posted.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust