opinions/ input on forced induction - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #1

Region: Alabama
opinions/ input on forced induction

My 06 has almost 58k miles. With this many miles should I go ahead and build the motor before sticking a blower on it?
montieg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by montieg21 View Post
My 06 has almost 58k miles. With this many miles should I go ahead and build the motor before sticking a blower on it?
That what I plan to do to my motor just to that assurance that it'll handle it.i want to push a lil over 500
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #3

Region: Alabama
same here. mmr has some pretty good deals on complete rotating assemblies as well.
montieg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by montieg21 View Post
You don't have to, but if you're looking for 500 rwhp then you will definitely want to build the bottom end. Some will throw a blower on their stock car and run it while they build a stronger engine on the side. Then drop it in and turn up the boost! But this is usually for the guy who also DD's it. I would do a compression check if you want to make sure it'll hold up under some boost. And a dyno tune with a reputable shop will be key for durability.

It will all depend on your purpose and use of the car. There really is no wrong way, as long as you don't blow your stock motor before you finish building the one for more power lol

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
If you set the rev limiter to 6000 rpm and keep it at 450 or so RWHP the stock bottom end should hold up just fine. As long as your not out there beating the crap out of the motor every chance you get !!!
The Roush TVS 2300 phase one would be a good starting point for a stock motor its rated at 475 flywheel HP that should make 420 or so RWHP and be pretty safe to bolt on your car and Brenspeed has up grade kits to turn it up when your ready

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT