Blank check....Forging an engine (mustang professors come out and play!.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Blank check....Forging an engine (mustang professors come out and play!....

So I not a car guy I have learned a lot on here from you guys. I'll say this straight out and the real gear heads please speak on if it was your $$$, I want to keep my 2007 GT forever like to be made to a brand new car. I have heard through reading and sometimes I hear forging an engine to keep it new or something so I have the money to do WTF I want to I just want to keep this project "Decepticon GT" going as long as possible I'm building it for me but my sons loves it so I'm just doing what will keep my bestfriend happy. Ok hears the question how do I do this? Forging what is this exactly? Cost aside what would you do with this 4.6 v8? I want my whole inside chrome I mean so chrome and purple u can't even look at it until u throw some stunna shades on. Do I need to just buy a new engine like a 5.0 or something if I can afford to fix this one up or I'm just confused I don't have money to burn but I can do this exactly how I want but I'm not motor savvy like a lot of you I read that blows my mind reading it's like you guys are muscle car professors and I respect the knowledge u have if you could take a empty check and have my mind what would you do
swoopty5525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I guess this will be moved I hope this is tech enough.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If I understand you correctly you're wanting to customize the cosmetics mostly, but keep the car in overall 'near new' condition. I can say you don't need to forge the rotating assembly unless you're going FI... i.e. Supercharger or turbo. I am unaware of forging doing anything to increase engine life, as long as you keep up your maintenance and don't dog it out constantly on the road I imagine your motor lasting a pretty good while.
Wolverine0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2014, 08:35 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine0587 View Post
If I understand you correctly you're wanting to customize the cosmetics mostly, but keep the car in overall 'near new' condition. I can say you don't need to forge the rotating assembly unless you're going FI... i.e. Supercharger or turbo. I am unaware of forging doing anything to increase engine life, as long as you keep up your maintenance and don't dog it out constantly on the road I imagine your motor lasting a pretty good while.

That's the thing I do run it hard, I want to keep it forever and as of today I been thinking of just putting a new motor in with 0 miles like a 5.0 or something but those types of things are over my head in knowledge I don't want to burn money just to burn it. And I had a convo with a few dudes on here about the procharger vs a supercharger and I'm just not mechanic minded to figure out how I want it and putting it together as a plan of action ( what parts to get that will compliment the other parts) I love the body of the 07 GT I have I can but a new mustang right now but I want this body so I'm willing to gut it when I have too, so is it worth doing all this to my current engine chroming stuff and all that just to have it 5-8 years Down the road to break on me? Or get another engine and sit on it or start making that one look good until this one blows or something. If you had 200,000 to spend RIGHT NOW!... N my situation what would you do? Sit on an engine that long making it the next perfect engine (looks and performance) or say I can keep this one and do it nice with this 4.6 I have. I want it to run like a gt500 I'm confused bro I have the money but not the gear head knowledge.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:36 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I real talk need to be taught how to make my thoughts into a reality but I know theirs a fine line the more you put on to match with other things so u don't kill your motor. School me bro if you can on whatever I'm open ears bro.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

If I were in your shoes and had a "blank check" to work with I'd just have a coyote swap done, and do what ever you want for underhood dress up from there. Since if you do a swap you can buy a brand new 5.0 so you won't have to worry about wear on the engine. Just keep up with proper maintenance.
Dakota05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT