Adjustable shocks and struts - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:03 AM   #1

Region: Canada
Adjustable shocks and struts

I am plannong on upgrading my front and rear from the Eibach dampers that came as part of the sportline suspension kit. I want adjustable so that I can adjust as needed.
Someone recommended the Koni yellow however in researching it seems adjusting the rears will require removal every time...not desirable.
American Muscle also carries the QA1 adjustable which appear to be adjustable without removal.
Anyone have thoughts on QA1 quality?
Or other suggestions for me?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
redfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2014, 06:59 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
U can look into strange shocks/struts! I've heard a couple people on here running them with good luck!
Old 02-25-2014, 08:08 AM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
I am plannong on upgrading my front and rear from the Eibach dampers that came as part of the sportline suspension kit. I want adjustable so that I can adjust as needed.
Someone recommended the Koni yellow however in researching it seems adjusting the rears will require removal every time...not desirable.
American Muscle also carries the QA1 adjustable which appear to be adjustable without removal.
Very cool! You'll really like the Eibach Shocks/Koni Yellows or QA1's. These are three of the best suspension companies on the market and I'm confident that you can't make a wrong decision. For the convenience factor, the QA1's are the best option since you can adjust them on the car and don't have to remove them. However, the QA1's or more geared towards the driver that will be taking the car to the track or driving the car aggressively. In my opinion, that's just about every Mustang owner so I don't think you'll have any issues!

If you'd like, give my CS team a call and they can help walk you through the different options. We'll make sure that you get the Suspension components that best fit your style of driving! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2014, 01:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Destination S19
Quote:

Adjusting the Koni yellows does NOT require removing the shock. They come with keys to adjust the valving on top.

FRPP HotRods Cams / American Racing Headers Long Tubes with catted X / Stang-Hi dyno tune
Saleen wheels / Steeda CAI / Corsa Xtremes, K Springs, Koni STR.Ts, UMI lca relo. Brackets/r lwr ctrl arms UMI adj. panhard bar / Camber plates / SR Strut Tower Brace.
Destination S19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:53 PM   #5

Are you sure about the rear? I read that the front is accessible but the rears are not....Guess I will call AM

Old 02-25-2014, 03:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Destination S19
Quote:
Are you sure about the rear? I read that the front is accessible but the rears are not....Guess I will call AM

Yes I'm sure. My roommate had a set of Koni Yellows on his car that I helped install and personally watched him adjust at auto x. They're on car adjustable.

Adjustment instructions from Koni's website.

Quote:
Rear and front struts – Series 8010, 8041, 8210, 8241, 8610, 8641, 8710 and 8741

Adjustment procedures:
Take the adjustment knob which is supplied and fit it to the top of the dampers.
To adjust the damping force, the knob has to be turned in the direction of the arrow for
increased damping and to decrease in the opposite direction.
If you feel resistance do not use force, as the damper is in its end position.
After adjustment remove the adjusting knob in order to prevent possible damage of the bonnet.

The part# for your convertable GT is 8241.

FRPP HotRods Cams / American Racing Headers Long Tubes with catted X / Stang-Hi dyno tune
Saleen wheels / Steeda CAI / Corsa Xtremes, K Springs, Koni STR.Ts, UMI lca relo. Brackets/r lwr ctrl arms UMI adj. panhard bar / Camber plates / SR Strut Tower Brace.
Destination S19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:56 AM   #7

Ok great...also spoke with CS at AM...Koni's ordered

Old 02-26-2014, 08:52 AM   #8
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Ok great...also spoke with CS at AM...Koni's ordered
Very cool! I'm glad to hear you went with the Koni's. They make a great suspension component, you're going to love that set up!

We look forward to hearing your feedback! Thanks for your business and loyalty. We really appreciate it!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:04 PM   #9

Also ended up ordering eibach pro kit springs...will remove sportsline...too low....brake kit and front and rear raxiom lighting..can't

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Can't wait for their arrival

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT