ford Racing intake manifold - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
ford Racing intake manifold

So I have a few question so as some of you know I own a 2010 mustang gt and was thinking of getting the ford racing intake manifold the question is is worth it do any of you guys have it did you notice a difference any dyno #? I know its like getting charge motion delete plates is this right? What can you guys that have it tell me about it thanks
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I bought the car with it installed and a ton of other mods BUT when I had my Bullitt I looked into it and there wasn't much to be gained by the intake alone. Sure does look damn good though.

BBK LT headers, fuel rail and UD pullies
Hurst Shifter
Lowered with upgraded rear suspension
Galaxie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

It looks really cool, that's about it. It does take care of the cmdp, but then you'll need gears to compensate for the small loss of low end. With no other big mods, it's more of a cosmetic mod, especially for the $$.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2014, 12:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
It looks really cool, that's about it. It does take care of the cmdp, but then you'll need gears to compensate for the small loss of low end. With no other big mods, it's more of a cosmetic mod, especially for the $$.
Well this is going to go on with the mods I have ready to install and the mods I already have on the mods I have will be JBA natural long tube headers Jba off road h pipe pypes bomb axle back jlt series 3 Cai Ford racing hot rod cams SCT x3 tuner with bama 91 Oct tune
Old 03-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32GT32 View Post
So I have a few question so as some of you know I own a 2010 mustang gt and was thinking of getting the ford racing intake manifold the question is is worth it do any of you guys have it did you notice a difference any dyno #? I know its like getting charge motion delete plates is this right? What can you guys that have it tell me about it thanks
Hey,

With the mods you listed in your other posts, I think it is safe to say it will be worth it. Particularly, the cams and long tubes will really be benefitted with that manifold.

I had an 06 GT with long tubes, the same cams, and same manifold and picked up 32 RWHP when I added those three mods, and an additional 18 when I put a set of cylinder heads on the car.

You will really feel it pull at the upper RPM band where it had previously wanted to give in. This will translate into better top end horsepower and lower track times.

As stated by others, at some point you may want to get at least a 3.73 gear to help you accelerate quicker with the slight loss of low end power and to keep you in the upper RPM band where you will make more power.

I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions feel free to get in touch. Good luck!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

Hey,

With the mods you listed in your other posts, I think it is safe to say it will be worth it. Particularly, the cams and long tubes will really be benefitted with that manifold.

I had an 06 GT with long tubes, the same cams, and same manifold and picked up 32 RWHP when I added those three mods, and an additional 18 when I put a set of cylinder heads on the car.

You will really feel it pull at the upper RPM band where it had previously wanted to give in. This will translate into better top end horsepower and lower track times.

As stated by others, at some point you may want to get at least a 3.73 gear to help you accelerate quicker with the slight loss of low end power and to keep you in the upper RPM band where you will make more power.

I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions feel free to get in touch. Good luck!

-Dan
I'm glad to hear that thanks man! And yes I do plan on going with gears but I have an auto can't decide between 3.73 and 4.10 I also plan on installing steeda UDP can't wait to install these goodies thanks.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32GT32 View Post

Well this is going to go on with the mods I have ready to install and the mods I already have on the mods I have will be JBA natural long tube headers Jba off road h pipe pypes bomb axle back jlt series 3 Cai Ford racing hot rod cams SCT x3 tuner with bama 91 Oct tune
You're in great shape. You should benefit with all that.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
id love to hear your results on dyno if you get this frpp. I have 2005 gt, and with all your mods plus mass air and throttle body and under drive pulleys and 410 gears, also my cams are mutha thupa stage 2. So with frpp and mustang dyno tune I pulled........
316rwhp
266rwtq .
Does mine sound to be normal?????
badabingcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:23 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I have it plus lots of bolt on's I put in 3.73s and I like it !! The intake helps a little. But it looks really good under the hood and gets lots of looks.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1475702588.790068.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	205472

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
NutMan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:27 PM   #10

Region: New Jersey
ford Racing intake manifold

I could be totally wrong on this but didn't the 2010 already have the cmdp delete on the intake? If so then it would just be a cosmetic upgrade .

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Edit- I'm wrong on the info I gave sorry just researched it, could've sworn I read it some where that the 2010s didn't need the cmdp kits but, I couldn't find anything when I looked. Sorry bout that
Bad05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I have heard the same as others about the FRPP intake manifold - it's only worth it (performance-wise) if you have upgraded cams, longtubes, air intake and throttle body UNLESS you want to spend $600 on a mod that simply makes the engine look awesome. Depending on your setup, you could even lose some low-end torque if you don't have some or all of the mods listed above.

Check out this article, where the reviewers gained peak 12 hp and 14 lb-ft over the OEM intake manifold. It's important to note that the test car had "ported heads and aggressive camshafts." Three-Valve Intake Manifold Dyno Test - Three's A Crowd - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

This article has some really detailed information from tests performed on a GT with different combinations of OEM components, FRPP intake manifold, hot rod camshafts, intake, CNC-ported cylinder heads. It's almost information overload: Ford Racing Three Valve Intake Manifold Testing - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

I have heard the same as others about the FRPP intake manifold - it's only worth it (performance-wise) if you have upgraded cams, longtubes, air intake and throttle body UNLESS you want to spend $600 on a mod that simply makes the engine look awesome. Depending on your setup, you could even lose some low-end torque if you don't have some or all of the mods listed above.

Check out this article, where the reviewers gained peak 12 hp and 14 lb-ft over the OEM intake manifold. It's important to note that the test car had "ported heads and aggressive camshafts." Three-Valve Intake Manifold Dyno Test - Three's A Crowd - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

This article has some really detailed information from tests performed on a GT with different combinations of OEM components, FRPP intake manifold, hot rod camshafts, intake, CNC-ported cylinder heads. It's almost information overload: Ford Racing Three Valve Intake Manifold Testing - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
KevinP is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT