Trading my car in? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-19-2014, 12:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Trading my car in?

I'm thinking about trading my 2005 mustang gt in for a focus st. I want something a little more fun on back roads because I rarely go to the track. What are your guys opinions on the STs?
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I was looking at them. They really seem like they would be allot of fun. The power is down. That was important to me so it is really a matter of taste. I love spirited road course style driving so I get where you are coming from. Going to be doing some suspension upgrades, did a few power, then back to power and hope to send up with the spirit I am looking for and keep the power and am confident i will get there.

Have you done much modding? Do you own the car outright? I would think for $4,000-$5,000 in mods you could really make a fun road cornering/powerful still car from your GT.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I'm thinking about trading my 2005 mustang gt in for a focus st. I want something a little more fun on back roads because I rarely go to the track. What are your guys opinions on the STs?
I think you should wait and trade in for a 2015 a lot of upgrades exact power is still unknown its got IRS dont know if you like or not I first thought they were hideous but there growing on me now I couldn't imagine my self not driving a stang just my opinion don't really know much about sts though to be honest
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I looked at a st it was a nice car I just hated the front wheel drive. And the torque steer that came with it.
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Ya I own my car but I just think it's time for something different. The new mustang ate a bit outside of my price range as I'm still going to college lol. And I kinda like the torque steer. It makes it more fun and unpredictable. Also, the interior is insane.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
st are pretty sweet for a 4cyl fwd, I've driven 3 or 4 of them at work and every time i drive 1 it surprises me how quick a powerful it really is. plus u get recaros and an aggressive looking body style. if u want to go with 1 i would plus i believe they have good rebates going right now.
G3ARH3AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:04 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
It's still a Focus... No way on earth I would pay $28,000 for a Focus.

Sent from my massive johnson.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

You forgot the ST part lol
Old 03-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
You forgot the ST part lol
No...still a focus. I own an 07, my dad has a 13.

Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

I agree, most people who aren't enthusiasts won't appreciate 'ST' they will just hear 'focus'...I'm personally not a fan of 4 doors. I would wait for the s550, even the base will have more power than focus and it will handle nice as hell, be more than enough fun.

Also don't trade your car in, put up an ad on craigslist and eventually it should sell, though i warn you CL is scoured with trailor trash, scrubs and flakes, so there will be a lot of BS such as people saying they will come to look at it tomorrow then never calling back or answering again....

Make sure you put 'must have cash in hand to test drive' - idk about you but my 30k miles GT premium is not going to be raped by some craigslist rat. I'm gonna keep my car though as I've modded the heck out of it to look exactly how I want, though few mods are still pending, this is literally turning into my dream car and I will see it compacted and destroyed before I let some craigslist scrub have it.
Vaiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:53 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiit View Post

I agree, most people who aren't enthusiasts won't appreciate 'ST' they will just hear 'focus'...I'm personally not a fan of 4 doors. I would wait for the s550, even the base will have more power than focus and it will handle nice as hell, be more than enough fun.

Also don't trade your car in, put up an ad on craigslist and eventually it should sell, though i warn you CL is scoured with trailor trash, scrubs and flakes, so there will be a lot of BS such as people saying they will come to look at it tomorrow then never calling back or answering again....

Make sure you put 'must have cash in hand to test drive' - idk about you but my 30k miles GT premium is not going to be raped by some craigslist rat. I'm gonna keep my car though as I've modded the heck out of it to look exactly how I want, though few mods are still pending, this is literally turning into my dream car and I will see it compacted and destroyed before I let some craigslist scrub have it.
+100
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT