Mirror covers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #1
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Recaro
Region: Other
Posts: 57
Mirror covers

are you a fan? i dont like the prepainted AM mirrors they seem to small, so idk if i should keep my stock mirrors black or get the painted mirror covers? I have a redfire and I'm kinda keeping a black and red theme (red with small black accents) so should I keep the mirrors stock black or dress them with red? Also one of the mirrors has a kinda deep scratch so hoping the mirror cover would cover it up but idk if i should get them or keep the mirrors stock - what would you do?
Vaiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-22-2014, 10:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiit View Post
are you a fan? i dont like the prepainted AM mirrors they seem to small, so idk if i should keep my stock mirrors black or get the painted mirror covers? I have a redfire and I'm kinda keeping a black and red theme (red with small black accents) so should I keep the mirrors stock black or dress them with red? Also one of the mirrors has a kinda deep scratch so hoping the mirror cover would cover it up but idk if i should get them or keep the mirrors stock - what would you do?

I do like the way they look, but I think I will keep the stock black plastic. That just seems to be an area that is prone to paint chips. If I leave it stock, I won't have to worry about it.
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:53 AM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Recaro
Region: Other
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
I do like the way they look, but I think I will keep the stock black plastic. That just seems to be an area that is prone to paint chips. If I leave it stock, I won't have to worry about it.
this too, i agree 100%!
Vaiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-23-2014, 10:09 AM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Recaro
Region: Other
Posts: 57
I ordered the black turn signal lights today, should be here Thursday (which I have off, COINCIDENCE?? I THINK NOT! some one up there wants me to mod my stang!)

I love UPS they are like clockwork, way better than fed ex, which u gotta wait for signatures and they always come earlier than estimated date which may sound nice, but if ur not home they wont leave it even if i write a note on my door and sign it and leave my picture and birth certificate :/

UPS always takes 4 business days for me! If I order over weekend it always comes THursday....if i order tuesday, it always comes Friday...Only ONCE did they delay and it was because of weather and only delayed 1 day. It always comes in 4 busiiness days and arrives at our local center at 8am on the dot! and I just drive myself and pick it up, because GOd knows how I must have what i want ASAP .... I'm a morning person usually wake up 5-6 am everyday so goign to UPS to get my mustang parts is really nice for me I could wait for them to deliver in afternoon - but i need it NOW!!!
Vaiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiit View Post
I ordered the black turn signal lights today, should be here Thursday (which I have off, COINCIDENCE?? I THINK NOT! some one up there wants me to mod my stang!)

Are you sure it's not just the tinted film and not the whole light assembly? I didn't see the entire assembly out there.

If it is the film, let us know how it turns out. I was reading the reviews on the AM site and people were complaining that they were too short and didn't cover the whole light.
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Are you sure it's not just the tinted film and not the whole light assembly? I didn't see the entire assembly out there.

If it is the film, let us know how it turns out. I was reading the reviews on the AM site and people were complaining that they were too short and didn't cover the whole light.

I could be wrong, I wasn't looking at the 2005-2009 stuff. I was looking at 2012 side marker tint.
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Painted mirror covers? Vaiit 2005-2010 Mustang GT 1 03-22-2014 12:08 PM
Mirror covers Mattmyr 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 28 12-26-2012 05:03 PM
new mirror covers Jboogie 2005-2010 Mustang GT 11 10-15-2012 06:54 PM
Side mirror covers, not just the inserts SpectorV 2005-2010 Mustang GT 4 05-27-2008 12:32 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:08 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.