how to deal with feeling outdated? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-31-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Other
how to deal with feeling outdated?

obviously to get the newer one, but if you can't what do you do? I love my s197 so much, I pretty much got everything I wanted when i bought it (20k miles BONE STOCK) and made it my own. the redfire with black leather interior is my favorite,

but since the 5.0s came out i been feeling outdated and now the s550s are coming out and im feeling pretty bad!

I tell myself things like

- the best cars are made by their owners - not the factories
- all mustangs are mustangs
- a new mustang doesn't necessary mean you have to upgrade, it's just another option.

but I feel like I'm just trying to kid myself like back when I had a v6 (lol jk!)

but anyways, what do you tell yourself? how can we encourage each other?
Vaiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2014, 11:15 AM   #2
Road Trip!

it's kinda keeping me from modding my car any further - cus who knows if one day i just spaz out and trade in for a 5.0 lol... I'd really like some quarter louvers and mirror covers....
Old 03-31-2014, 11:19 AM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Just mod it. I feel the same way, i want something newer; but thats most likely not going to happen for a while so i'm just modding the crap out of mine.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2014, 11:20 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I find that everything revolves around an old saying "Too many people undervalue what they are and over value what they are not." The same holds true for almost everything. If money is an issue and you like customizing and moding stick with what you have, love it, enjoy it and be proud of it. LOTS of people would probably love to trade cars with you!

If it isnt money then get a 5.0 and start all over again lol.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:23 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
I find that everything revolves around an old saying "Too many people undervalue what they are and over value what they are not." The same holds true for almost everything. If money is an issue and you like customizing and moding stick with what you have, love it, enjoy it and be proud of it. LOTS of people would probably love to trade cars with you!

If it isnt money then get a 5.0 and start all over again lol.
ya true, my dad always says too how the grass looks greener on the other side! it just sucks how almost every week someone tells me "you need to get a 5.0"

either way i'd like to keep this car forever, and if i ever do get a 5.0 i'd get it as a stable mate - i got this car through supernatural coincidence and it came at the perfect time of my life, when i needed it the most...its like an Angel!!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:33 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Just mod what you have. When the time comes to upgrade you will know it. Everyone has to start somewhere. My first mustang was a 03 gt nodded it a good amount. Then bought a 03 cobra modded it and had my fun then wanted something else. So I got a 08 roush 427r was not happy with that car at all even after dropping a lot of $$ in it. So I bought the 5.0 and its been a big a$$ money pit. My favorite yet though. Just be happy with what you have for now. Work up to what you are shooting for. In the meantime mod as you want and SPRAY

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:45 AM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Just mod it. I feel the same way, i want something newer; but thats most likely not going to happen for a while so i'm just modding the crap out of mine.
^^^This

I know how you feel. I want to own a Boss so bad, I can taste it. Then every month when I make the payment on my current ride, I really appretiate what I have!
To fix the urges I get from 5.0 or Boss envy, I back mine out of the garage and wash it. I then give it the walk around, and visualize the next mod. I recently (last week) installed a larger sway bar (off of a Boss take off). just buy yourself that little mod you've been wanting to do. Makes you feel better about your current ride.
Besides, that new car purchase lasts as long as your current one did, then you'll be right back where you started from, only with higher (maybe) and longer payments.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:50 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Keep your car and go wild. I'm swapping a 427w into my 2012, and have absolutely no desire to go any other direction. S550? Pfft! 5.0? Pfft! Loud and proud, baby.
jsimmonstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Mod it while you got it. It is a hobby....Hobbies are meant to be something fun. Enjoy it while you can, as much as you can.

Mod it enough to where you think you can take out a 5.0 and out-drive the hell out of it next time you race one
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Well, by 2019 the 2015 will be outdated. So, unless you keep buying new cars, you will always be outdated. Just like computers, buy the best today and its so, so tomorrow.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:55 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

What the heck are you talking about???????????????

I have yet to see an outdated "MUSTANG" There are Mustang owners that have them as far back as 1964 1/2 when they first came out.
I see a lot of owners with older Mustangs that can afford to buy a new one but love the one they have and would not think of trading it in or selling it.
These cars have been bought and loved for FIFTY YEARS If they became obsolete every few years they would not have been a great American well loved car for so long a time.
Of course there are the one's that have to have the latest or they are not happy. I'll probably keep my Mustang for at least twenty years or until it falls apart. Then I'll get another Mustang.
Ronnie

Shari already got offered a 2012 GT to trade even up and she turned it down.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:06 PM   #12

Region: Pennsylvania
I lusted after S197s since their release. Life n stuff gets in the way but finally scored a nice Satin Silver '05 in '13 for a summer DD. Well worth the wait, I absolutely love this car. Every build is a compromise. With conservative engine, suspension and appearance mods it will be the good road car I originally desired.

It's easy to get carried away, more is always better... pfft. Build for a purpose and enjoy it for what it is.
Fasted58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:28 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I have yet to see an outdated "MUSTANG" There are Mustang owners that have them as far back as 1964 1/2 when they first came out.

I see a lot of owners with older Mustangs that can afford to buy a new one but love the one they have and would not think of trading it in or selling it.

These cars have been bought and loved for FIFTY YEARS If they became obsolete every few years they would not have been a great American well loved car for so long a time.

Of course there are the one's that have to have the latest or they are not happy. I'll probably keep my Mustang for at least twenty years or until it falls apart. Then I'll get another Mustang.

Ronnie

Well said. You keep that car and take care of it and once it's 20 years old it will be a collector. People will envy you for having such a nice, classic Mustang, and will think you spent a bunch of money buying it, but all you did was hung on to it and took good care of it, and it's all paid for. That's what I do with my cars. I'm the second owner on both my T/As. I bought the '79 in 1989 and the '95 in 2003. All paid for many years ago and now I can just enjoy them. They are not obsolete, they are a piece of history that everyone can enjoy when they see them on the road. If I had a nickel for every little kid that goes crazy, points and yells when they see the '79 going down the street with the spoilers, flares, shaker scoop and Screamin' Chicken on the hood...and these are kids that were born decades after the car first came out. Obsolete, I think not, just cool.
GrabberMeBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:36 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
+++1 im feeling this way right this minute i bought my 06 in nov of 13 because i been wanting one since they,came out in,05,but now,only haveing it for a,few months i wish i got the legendary 5.0 i feel so down (not to take anything away from my car i love it but ugh)
Old 04-02-2014, 06:17 AM   #15
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4point6Chris View Post
+++1 im feeling this way right this minute i bought my 06 in nov of 13 because i been wanting one since they,came out in,05,but now,only haveing it for a,few months i wish i got the legendary 5.0 i feel so down (not to take anything away from my car i love it but ugh)
ya same here and im pretty pissed cus I feel like I really worked hard and paid a lot of money for my car and now I'm seeing all over town scrubs are buying 05 v6s with 100k+ miles for like 5k$ and drive around like they are hot stuff, really pisses me off like nothing else.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT