Mods vs Warranties! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2014, 11:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Mods vs Warranties!

So my question is : As far as an extended warranty on your car like for a used car or on a brand new car,what can you get away with as far as modifications go without running into having your warranty voided??? So would having long tube headers void your warranty? What about a custom tune??? I have heard mixed opinions on this!
I was planning on getting long tube headers but I still have the extended warranty from when I bought my car used! Thanks for the help!
Bluerings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Any modification can void warranty of any kind! And when there is an aftermarket warranty in place they usually send out inspectors to view the vehicle b4 major repairs, example i had a 2009 mustang gt come into that was lowered with rims and 1 of the axles in the rear diff became bent causing it to vibrate, well needless to say the warranty sent out some1 to check on the car and they voided his warranty due to the modifications, heres the real kicker he bought the car like that from a dealership used and they sold him the warranty and he never even got to use it
G3ARH3AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:29 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3ARH3AD View Post
Any modification can void warranty of any kind! And when there is an aftermarket warranty in place they usually send out inspectors to view the vehicle b4 major repairs, example i had a 2009 mustang gt come into that was lowered with rims and 1 of the axles in the rear diff became bent causing it to vibrate, well needless to say the warranty sent out some1 to check on the car and they voided his warranty due to the modifications, heres the real kicker he bought the car like that from a dealership used and they sold him the warranty and he never even got to use it

Partially right. They have to prove that your part is what could have caused the issue. So if you have a knock in the engine some springs of a panhard bar wouldn't have caused that. Now a tune they could blame.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Well yea but ive seen them void warranty on an f250 due to it being lifted 6 inches with 30s and a bigger turbo n buillet proofed when the trans broke
Old 04-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Still powertrain though, just sayin some of the after market warranty r just looking for a reason to void so they dont have to pay
Old 04-09-2014, 12:59 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

i guess it depends on who you have the warranty with?? I had my intake manifold replaced a few days ago because it was cracked and my warranty company paid for it without a problem. The warranty company told me that if i need my car fixed,all i have to do is take it to a professional shop (dealership,firestone etc) and have them diagnose the problem and make sure it is covered! The shop called the warranty company,gave them the diagnosis and a quote,i paid my deductable and viola! Done!
Old 04-09-2014, 01:06 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

On the other hand,the mechanic at the performance shop i took it to said you will definitely void your warranty with internal aftermarket stuff like cams etc.He also said you can get away with things like headers and even a tune. He says they have had guys who come to them needing repairs under warranty from the dealer who have a tune so the shop saves the custom tune and restores the stock tune for the dealer and then once the repairs are done,they go back to the shop and restore their custom tune?? anyone ever heard of this?? I have not! Hope the guy wasn't just telling me made up stories!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Warranty is discretion often abused.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT