ever feel like 'too many mustangs'? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:00 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Other
ever feel like 'too many mustangs'?

Springs here, and everyone pulls out their 'fun cars' and 99% of them are mustangs!!

It really pisses me off, because it makes mine feel less special and im just another mustang and i feel all alone in a sea of faces. Even though I put so much money and work super hard to keep it in perfect condition - where as most people on street just buy a mustang cus its a mustang so they just try to snag the cheapest one they can, and i feel like i have much more passion for Mustangs, ie: my 03 gt when I got in a car crash and my front end was smashed, they had to put ime in behvarioal health ward to keep me from killing myself cus i was ready to end it all, but to these people, its just a car and they dont even care about basic maintenance.

And it sucks cus i truly love mustang, otherwise i would get a camaro, but its more expensive for a slower car that looks ugly IMO...the challenger is just the aborted fetus of dodge IMO so and theres really nothing else under 30k .... and even if you go corvette, that doesn't have rear seats which is something i really love about mustangs. so really what else is there?

how do you feel when you see another mustang on the street? especially when the driver does soemthing to make it seems like he is better than you?
Vaiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
If you were gonna kill yourself over a mustang you have bigger problems. I could understand a lambo. Lol. Anyways i respect all nice cars in general idc if it is 50 stangs at a car show or just mine. I like seeing what others have done with their stuff and where i stand in the crowd.
AnconaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
Man I love when I am out and I see a mustang that looks clean and sounds good.. I see stock mustangs and I am like awwwwe lol but then I see others and I break my neck!
You will see less mustangs then you will most other vehicles as the average person doesn't go to the lot and buy a new mustang.
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2014, 01:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
We all know its true when you buy a mustang you start to notice them alot more. Thats with anything you drive!
AnconaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I feel like there are way too many cookie cutter 5.0's on the roads. I saw a red new edge GT last night, ripping on it with what sounded like SLP LMs, and i nearly wet my pants in excitement because you never see nice ones around here. I just don't get that excitement with the 5.0's. There are just SO many plain Jane 5.0's Along with the sixxers.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Old 04-17-2014, 02:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I still feel special in mine. Here in the town that I live there are only like 8-9 new 5.0's. It's a small town. For 1 Mustang GT there are 4 V6 Mustangs. Usually driven by girls, teenagers, or elderly men.
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:12 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
I still feel special in mine. Here in the town that I live there are only like 8-9 new 5.0's. It's a small town. For 1 Mustang GT there are 4 V6 Mustangs. Usually driven by girls, teenagers, or elderly men.
i live in a small town, but its a college town so FILLED with young people i guess and TONS OF TONS OF TONS OF TONS OF MUSTANGS EVERYWHERE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

It's really frustrating, idk what to do, i can literally drive from my house to walmart (few miles) and spot about 7 mustangs on the way.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiit View Post

i live in a small town, but its a college town so FILLED with young people i guess and TONS OF TONS OF TONS OF TONS OF MUSTANGS EVERYWHERE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

It's really frustrating, idk what to do, i can literally drive from my house to walmart (few miles) and spot about 7 mustangs on the way.
Is it stock? Just make it special. Either mod it out performance wise or get a bad *** hood , wheels, etc. or do both. You can make your car stand out and feel good about it. People notice the modded mustang real quick.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Agreed, it isn't about all the Mustangs on the road that make you feel blended in; it's about all the Mustangs on the road that haven't been touched by an owner with the passion to make theirs stand out from the pack as you drive yours around.
Njcted4Lfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I wish there were more modded mustangs on the streets the only time I ever see one is parked at car shows
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:54 PM   #12
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
I wish there were more modded mustangs on the streets the only time I ever see one is parked at car shows
+1

I guess it feels nice that i rarely ever see another 01 Bullitt drive around, especially in the "correct" color lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I think it's a placebo effect. Before my Mustang, I was very very close to pulling the trigger on a Veloster Turbo. So much so that I registered on an owner's forum, it was a done deal. But then, I saw more and more and more of them! Everywhere! And I know it's not a popular car. And I still see them all over the place nowadays. I'm not sure why it is exactly, but you notice cars more when you own them or are around them often.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:21 PM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
I think it's a placebo effect. Before my Mustang, I was very very close to pulling the trigger on a Veloster Turbo. So much so that I registered on an owner's forum, it was a done deal. But then, I saw more and more and more of them! Everywhere! And I know it's not a popular car. And I still see them all over the place nowadays. I'm not sure why it is exactly, but you notice cars more when you own them or are around them often.
+1 I see Mustangs everywhere just because my eye is always looking out for them. Back when I drove a Ram 1500 I began to just notice them everywhere.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Honestly there's a lot of every car. You just never noticed.

I hardly ever saw mustangs but once I got mine I "noticed" them a lot more and they were everywhere.

When I had my camaro I saw camaros everywhere.

I see 90's accords like my brothers everywhere.

There's millions of everything if look hard enough don't feel bad
wicked2v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:51 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiit View Post
Springs here, and everyone pulls out their 'fun cars' and 99% of them are mustangs!!

It really pisses me off, because it makes mine feel less special and im just another mustang and i feel all alone in a sea of faces. Even though I put so much money and work super hard to keep it in perfect condition - where as most people on street just buy a mustang cus its a mustang so they just try to snag the cheapest one they can, and i feel like i have much more passion for Mustangs, ie: my 03 gt when I got in a car crash and my front end was smashed, they had to put ime in behvarioal health ward to keep me from killing myself cus i was ready to end it all, but to these people, its just a car and they dont even care about basic maintenance.

And it sucks cus i truly love mustang, otherwise i would get a camaro, but its more expensive for a slower car that looks ugly IMO...the challenger is just the aborted fetus of dodge IMO so and theres really nothing else under 30k .... and even if you go corvette, that doesn't have rear seats which is something i really love about mustangs. so really what else is there?

how do you feel when you see another mustang on the street? especially when the driver does soemthing to make it seems like he is better than you?
Lol...it's just a car. They made more than one so they could make money. It's amazing how that works.

Sent from my massive johnson.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Yep, just a car. And tons of other people are bound to have them. They're beautiful cars and relatively inexpensive. I mean, I sincerely doubt that they are having the same discussion on the Rolls-Royce forums. Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:25 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Yep, just a car. And tons of other people are bound to have them. They're beautiful cars and relatively inexpensive. I mean, I sincerely doubt that they are having the same discussion on the Rolls-Royce forums. Lol

My thoughts exactly. I couldn't help but head over to RR owners club and came across a thread regarding a DIY for third brake light replacement. Rolls-Royce problems
Njcted4Lfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:24 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I don't think I notice all the Mustangs at work because I drive one. I also look for Camaros and Challengers. There are 3 or 4 Camaros and about the same number of Challengers. But Mustangs are almost too numerous to count. Right now I'm in a room with two other people and one of the guys has a mustang also. LOL
2007 Torch Red Mustang GT, Parchment Leather, Saleen Supercharger, SCT X-Cal Programmer,brenspeed.com tunes, Tuned by X-Act Dyno (Tempe, Az) 425rwhp, 4:10 Gears, Axel-back MAC exhaust, Dashhawk OBD-II Computer Monitoring System, Sequential Tail Lights, Halo Driving Lights, Eagle Eye Headlights with 6000K HID's, Clear Turn Signal Lenses, Projector Switchback Bulbs, Painted White LeMans Style Stripes, CDC Aggressive chin spoiler, Billet hood pins, Pirelli P-Zero P255 40 ZR19 wheels mounted on 2014 Mustang GT Wheels
Badinuf is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT