looking to get a touchscreen radio that is able to play my phone and ipods on... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
looking to get a touchscreen radio that is able to play my phone and ipods on...

anyone know of any good radios that are touch screen and that will play mp3/phones on? please post pics and details about how much you paid where you ot it from and if you installed yourself or had someone else do it?... THanks!
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2014, 05:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly I am not a big car audio person but I always buy from crutchfield. They have a lot of decks that comes with mounting kit and wiring harness. They have a great support dept. Also in case of any issues. I helped a buddy put in a touch screen and it was very easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jhall27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:16 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Pioneer X-4500BT, that's what I have and it is amazing.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Regular

Sonic electronix
They have cheap name brand radios plus they give you harness and bracket for free. I use them all the time
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Did a lot of research and ended up with the Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS - $300 from Crutchfield, but a local shop sold & installed it for the same price. Plugged straight into my stock Mach 1000 amps & speakers with the wire harness. Never have to take my phone out of my pocket to hear whatever music app is playing at the time.
Looks like it's since been replaced by the AVH-X3600BHS or maybe the AVH-X2600BT.

2003 Sonic Blue GT Vert
SonicBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:09 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Pioneer X-4500BT, that's what I have and it is amazing.

How much did u pay and where did u buy?

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlue View Post
Did a lot of research and ended up with the Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS - $300 from Crutchfield, but a local shop sold & installed it for the same price. Plugged straight into my stock Mach 1000 amps & speakers with the wire harness. Never have to take my phone out of my pocket to hear whatever music app is playing at the time.
Looks like it's since been replaced by the AVH-X3600BHS or maybe the AVH-X2600BT.

Hmm okay yeah looks good! How much for install?
Old 04-20-2014, 12:58 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Also what size am I going to need? I have an 06 stang?
Old 04-20-2014, 09:08 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Like I said, the local shop sold it to me and installed it for the same price Crutchfield was selling it for. I had them do it because it was free and I'm not the most mechanically inclined.

Do yourself a favor and go here. Put in your info including the stereo you currently have and see what Crutchfield has available for your car, in the price range you want to spend, with the features you want. Then it comes down to the best manufacturers, single-DIN vs. double-DIN, just stereo vs. DVD receiver, etc.

2003 Sonic Blue GT Vert
SonicBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I purchased my Pioneer AVH-X4600BT double din from Crutchfield on sale for $300 with free shipping. No need to hunt for necessary equipment and installation hardware as they will send you everything that you will need to install the radio. This includes a 12V/5V adapter if you are wiring to a Shaker system. The wiring harness can be crimped together quickly or can be properly soldered together in less than 30 minutes if you are comfortable with electronics soldering. The installation would have only taken an hour from start to finish but I set the head unit too far back in the mounting bracket that it didn't have enough clearance to swing up and open so I had to remove it all the way and adjust the bracket and install again.

If you plan on running any cables from the back of the head unit just make sure you do from the start otherwise you'll just about need to take it all the way back out to access the ports in the rear. I ran a USB cable under the center console and up into the console itself so that it was hidden yet easily accessible from the armrest. It's nice to listen to music from your phone and charge it at the same time. Other than a direct link, a radio that supports Bluetooth such as the AVH I am using will recognize a device as quickly as it is powered on. Say for example you were listening to a playlist the last time you drove, it will continue from where you left off automatically when you sit in the car and turn the key. Tracks and volume can be manipulated via phone or touchscreen while calls can be managed from the touchscreen as well.
Njcted4Lfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:51 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
This was taken before I uploaded a Running Horse logo to use as the head unit wallpaper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1249
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	154740  
Njcted4Lfe is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT