Banging in front end - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Banging in front end

Hey guys been a while since iv visited the forums, winter hibernation, any way recently a very prominent banging has developed in my front end even going over very small deviations in the road. The banging can be heard inside and outside the car and also felt in the floor board and pedals. It doesn't seem to affect steering or handling. During my recent oil change at the ford dealer I asked them to look at it and was told it was my lower ball joint and they have to replace the whole control arm, after jacking it up my self and a few others opinions we really don't believe it's the ball joint, I originally thought it was a blown strut but after pushing down on the front end it seems to settle perfectly. Other options research has come up with is the strut bang plate (sry if that's not the proper name) sway bar ends and strut braces. What ever is wrong will be replaced with a better after market performance piece but I need to know how to figure out what it actually is any help would be great I would like to avoid paying a front end shop if I can diagnose and replace myself
Thank you in advance for any responses
The Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Destination S19
Check your outer tie rods and if they look fine, it may be the strut mounts / camber plates gone bad.

FRPP HotRods Cams / American Racing Headers Long Tubes with catted X / Stang-Hi dyno tune
Saleen wheels / Steeda CAI / Corsa Xtremes, K Springs, Koni STR.Ts, UMI lca relo. Brackets/r lwr ctrl arms UMI adj. panhard bar / Camber plates / SR Strut Tower Brace.
Destination S19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Iv got a brand new outer tie rod on the passenger like less then 2 months old and it's coming from both sides so hopefully that's not it thx for a direction to look in
The Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2014, 07:32 PM   #4

Maybe the bushings? Mine aren't very loud and there's no banging. Just throwing that out there
Brett903 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT