Reverse gear problems - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-29-2014, 12:06 PM   #1
Region: Other
Reverse gear problems

Hey guys, this is my first post as you can see, first I want to apologize for my grammar mistakes, as english is not my main language and I'm not really used to it...

I own a 08' Shelby, to maintain a car like this in Brazil is very hard, Ford actually don't sell it here and also don't give support, if you want one you gotta buy it from importing companies or buy used ones (as in my case), the prices almost doubles from USA (I think) if we transform the prices in a very quick way, a 13' Shelby 0km would cost around 150K USD here, so do the parts to fix it, because there aren't any around here, we gotta import them too.

I bought this mustang around 6 months ago, since I bought it, when I put some gears (I think that is the 4th, 5th and 6th) I've gotten some scratchy noises when on medium RPM (+3500) and the shifter gets hot. Sometimes when I was going to put the reverse gear, I could hear some grinding and the gear just dont enters, then I got to put the 1st gear and go a little foward and then put the reverse again, the problem got seriously bad around 2 weeks ago when I was going to park in reverse and then I could hear a sound like *CRACK*, I put the 1st gear and gone foward, then I put the reverse and heard the "crack" sound again, now the reverse gear just dont enters, there are no sounds, the shifter makes the full way to the reverse but just dont stays there. All the other gears are working, I've come to a mechanic and he told me some parts that needs to be fixed, but since I gotta import them, I just dont know the names in english or the part numbers, since there aren't many specialized garages in here...

What do you think is the problem?

I can make a quick translation of the parts name he told me, and then you can try to help me find the right ones...

The parts are (bad translation):
•Hydraulic Clutch Actuation (the clutch was very hard also, I think this is the guy responsible for the problem)
•Reverse Gear Synchronizer Group
•Reverse Gear Gearing (I really don't know this one, since we use different words for them, like: 4th gear and a mechanical gear, the gear got 2 different uses in english, here they are different words).

Help me find the right names for these parts, it's very sad to see the car not working, also, the mechanic charge for every day the car is in the shop...

Thx everyone, and once again, sorry for the terrible english.

Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:45 PM   #2
Region: Other
I've gone to the mechanic and took 2 photos of the broken parts

This gears are broken, they are located in the transmission box in the reverse section, I don't know where to find them, some clues?

Can I find this piece alone or do I have to buy the complete kit? (btw, what is the name in english?)
Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT