Eleanor Scoops - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-21-2014, 07:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Eleanor Scoops

Anyone ever have any problems with Eleanor side window scoops coming of there car while driving, or hood scoop issues ? I was at a local car show and heard some stories about this problem.
LuvStangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I bought a set of them prepainted from American Muscle last year. I put them on my car and after a few days they started peeling up. So I removed them reinstalled them with new two-sided 3M tape. A few days later they started peeling up again. So I removed them and returned them to American Muscle for a refund. I thought that they looked good on my car, but they were warped. I've seen them on other cars and sometimes they set flush. Sometimes they don't. And also, the wind blows through them at high speeds on the highway and it is annoying as hell. Good luck. I hope this helps.
GTgorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I had one come off on me never did find it!
Bennyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvStangs View Post
Anyone ever have any problems with Eleanor side window scoops coming of there car while driving, or hood scoop issues ? I was at a local car show and heard some stories about this problem.
Hey,

There are certainly stories out there of them coming off, but it is hard to always say why. Generally they were either installed incorrectly, warped from the factory, or had a poor adhesive. However, the majority of our customers have little to no issues once putting them on their car.

I was a skeptic myself, until I saw one of our supervisors showcase how strong the bond is by shaking the entire car while only holding on to a window louver. Needless to say the louver didn't budge and I have been sold ever since. I had a set on my 06 and currently have a set on my 2011, neither pair has come off and they have been snug since day one.

I hope this information helps!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1400702883.276364.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	698.3 KB
ID:	157472
Reason why didn't get the Eleanor style was skeptical about the high wind speeds that's why I got the
Cervini's Quarter Window Cover
Which makes it stand out since everyone has the Eleanor covers
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I want to add something else...... I will agree with Dan about some of them coming from the factory warped. Once they made it back to AM, it was decided that they were warped from the factory. AM was great and gave an immediate refund and made things right. I'm sure that by now, the problem with them warping has been worked out.
GTgorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Ok thanks for taking the time to comment guys, they look good but are pretty pricy to end up skidding across the asphalt.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Those Cervini's look good though Terminator
Old 05-22-2014, 05:59 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I've had mine on for a while now both lower and window scoops no problems yet. I even had them taken off to repaint my drivers side, and they're still holding strong

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
DrSir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:06 AM   #10
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Hey,

There are certainly stories out there of them coming off, but it is hard to always say why. Generally they were either installed incorrectly, warped from the factory, or had a poor adhesive. However, the majority of our customers have little to no issues once putting them on their car.

I was a skeptic myself, until I saw one of our supervisors showcase how strong the bond is by shaking the entire car while only holding on to a window louver. Needless to say the louver didn't budge and I have been sold ever since. I had a set on my 06 and currently have a set on my 2011, neither pair has come off and they have been snug since day one.

I hope this information helps!

-Dan
^^^ This.

I've had them on my 2011 for over 6 months now with no issues. It's going to be all in the prep work. The 3M automotive tape that they come with (unless you buy them used) is fantastic stuff, but you absolutely have to remove any wax from the area the tape makes adhesive contact with.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:05 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Region: Other
I'm not really a fan of the quarter scoops anyways, they look pretty cheap and take away the nice slick look that comes from the factory.
Vaiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:22 PM   #12
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiit View Post
I'm not really a fan of the quarter scoops anyways, they look pretty cheap and take away the nice slick look that comes from the factory.
The factory adds certain quarter window louvers as an option....
Old 07-20-2014, 02:17 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I've had them on my car for about a year and have had no problems, however I'm kind of sick of having them on there and want to take them off. how much of a pain do you guys think it would be to do and do you think the paint will look imperfect after

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sammy13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT