Love My 06 Wheels, spacers or not? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-12-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
LuvStangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Webbers Falls
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 106
Love My 06 Wheels, spacers or not?

I love my 06 factory Bullit gray spoke wheels so I don't want to change them but I do want them moved out closer in line with the fenders. I've heard some nightmare stories about spacers and I wanted to hear from my forum mustang owners that have been using them, problems or not? do you have to cut the studs? Anything to help me decide if it's a safe thing to do or not.
LuvStangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Terminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvStangs View Post
I love my 06 factory Bullit gray spoke wheels so I don't want to change them but I do want them moved out closer in line with the fenders. I've heard some nightmare stories about spacers and I wanted to hear from my forum mustang owners that have been using them, problems or not? do you have to cut the studs? Anything to help me decide if it's a safe thing to do or not.
Ran into the problem when i got 1" spacers the stock studs would not clear the spacers ended up having to get 1.5" spares didnt' have any issues after that mines an 05 btw
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Njcted4Lfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Burlington
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 59
I've also been considering something hub centric for my factory wheels but have heard mixed reviews. I'd like to keep a decent stance when the Summer wheels come off at the end of the season.

I'll let someone with more insight chime in here but I think the horror stories come from the spacers that you slide in between the wheels and brakes (Just a metal plate) while the hub centric are more secure because you bolt them to the hub and then bolt the wheels to them.
Njcted4Lfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-12-2014, 07:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njcted4Lfe View Post
I've also been considering something hub centric for my factory wheels but have heard mixed reviews. I'd like to keep a decent stance when the Summer wheels come off at the end of the season.

I'll let someone with more insight chime in here but I think the horror stories come from the spacers that you slide in between the wheels and brakes (Just a metal plate) while the hub centric are more secure because you bolt them to the hub and then bolt the wheels to them.
hub centric has nothing to do with being bolt on or slip on. hub centric means it matches the hub on the car, and the hub of the wheels to keep the wheels centered when mounting. if you get spacers, longer/stronger studs are recommended.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
LuvStangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Webbers Falls
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Ran into the problem when i got 1" spacers the stock studs would not clear the spacers ended up having to get 1.5" spares didnt' have any issues after that mines an 05 btw

Did 1.5 put your wheels even with the fender?
LuvStangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
stemar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: York PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 211
I installed 1" hubcentric wheel spacers on my 09 with the factory 18" wheels moved then out to flush with the fender lip loved the look it gave the car I ran them for over a year with no problems what so ever I got them off of e-bay for like $59 a set shipped I just installed a new set of staggered wheels and Nitto tire's for the summer but will reinstall the spacers and stock wheels for winter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 wheel spacer.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	159135  
__________________

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
LuvStangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Webbers Falls
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by stemar View Post
I installed 1" hubcentric wheel spacers on my 09 with the factory 18" wheels moved then out to flush with the fender lip loved the look it gave the car I ran them for over a year with no problems what so ever I got them off of e-bay for like $59 a set shipped I just installed a new set of staggered wheels and Nitto tire's for the summer but will reinstall the spacers and stock wheels for winter

Sounds exactly like the look I want, You have to cut your rotors studs?
LuvStangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Terminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvStangs View Post
Did 1.5 put your wheels even with the fender?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1402689163.346196.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	810.9 KB
ID:	159183

That's 1.5" looked like not bad an I'm lowered 2"
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
LuvStangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Webbers Falls
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Attachment 159183

That's 1.5" looked like not bad an I'm lowered 2"

Looks good, nice color car too.
LuvStangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kustumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 912
I have 1.5" in the back I think. Makes it look super aggressive
Kustumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:31 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
stemar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: York PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvStangs View Post
Sounds exactly like the look I want, You have to cut your rotors studs?
No I did not the factory wheels have a recess so the small amount of stud that sticks out is not a problem with 1" spacer the tip of the studs are not threaded on the stock studs so if your wheels do not have this recess you could cut a little off of the studs without affecting the threads of the studs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	159189  
__________________

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
stemar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: York PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 211
Here is a side view of how my stock wheels fill the fender wells with 1" spacers front and rear
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	011.JPG
Views:	326
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	159190  
__________________

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:49 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
LuvStangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Webbers Falls
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by stemar View Post
Here is a side view of how my stock wheels fill the fender wells with 1" spacers front and rear

Nice I'll have to look and see if mine have recess that would be great. Your wheels look good thanks for taking the time to respond to me everyone. I'm feelin better about using spacers.
LuvStangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:52 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
LuvStangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Webbers Falls
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 106
I'm 98% ready to do this One more question, has anyone had any issue with premature front suspension wear, Ball joints ect.
LuvStangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:18 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
SixBanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mount Rainier, MD
Region: Maryland
Posts: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvStangs View Post
I'm 98% ready to do this One more question, has anyone had any issue with premature front suspension wear, Ball joints ect.

Most people don't recommend spacing front wheels.
__________________
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:45 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
LuvStangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Webbers Falls
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by stemar View Post
Here is a side view of how my stock wheels fill the fender wells with 1" spacers front and rear

Stemar how long have you had those 1in on your front end? Have you had any issues with premature front end wear on anything? Since you have them on I suppose you'd be the one to ask. That's the only thing holdin me back I really want to do this love the look, but don't want it at the expense of my baby. Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
LuvStangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Wheel Spacers but not sure which ones runvsofthisbull 1996-2004 Mustang GT 3 07-05-2012 08:36 PM
1976 ford mustang will not start, not headlights come on, it is not the battery, why? eifion Classic Mustangs 6 08-24-2009 04:12 AM
I love summer.. and I love college.. wiarumas The Bar 22 08-03-2005 10:40 PM
wheels spacers STEVE Mustang Wheels & Tires 10 08-18-2004 04:59 PM
wheels spacers, size question thirstymate Mustang Wheels & Tires 9 07-13-2004 04:20 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:55 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.