Hail damage - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Minnesota
Hail damage

Got some hail damage, 4 dents on my hood and one on my quarter panel. Talked to a PDR guy and its about 300$ to fix them which I know is a lot cheaper than a bodyshop but I just feel so iffy to the point where I just can't justify dropping 300$ for those tiny dents! Which is weird because I take amazing car e of my car and keep up with service and etc but something inside me just wont let me do it for the hail dents!

how big of a deal is it? does anyone here rock hail damage? The way I see it 40 years or less from now on I will be dead and none of it will matter, and considering where I live I can only drive my stang 6 months of the year I feel like its just not worth it, especially since I got life priorities/expenses to think about too... So is it okay if I just leave the hail damage? I don't really even notice it unless the light hits them a certain way or someone else say "ohh, you got some hail damage!" and thats when I really get ticked, but otherwise I just can't justify the money on it!

But I do take great care of my car, I keep it garaged (got hail on a very unlucky day, 30 seconds of hail hell left me in hours of tears) and just today I got a full exterior detail and its looking great - so is it okay if I just ignore the hail dents? I truly believe that after we go to heaven we will have our same mustang in heaven just the way we want it with unlimited fuel, no speed limits, and even running full speed into a brick wall wont leave a scratch or a dent <3 (like forza with cosmetic damage off)

lotta people want ferraris and etc as a dream car, but im really happy with my mustang.
AngelsBoyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #2
Road Trip!

here are some pics straight after the detail: u cant even see the dents in the pictures.

what do you think of my shine?

Old 07-18-2014, 08:36 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I was hit with a huge storm with hail the day I purchased my car...drove it back from NY to MD. Luckily I have a vert, so my dings were all of the hood. I too couldn't really see the damage unless it was under certain light, but it just bugged me. I went with a local PDR guy out of pocket and it turned out perfect. Plus it kept it off insurance records since it was a minor thing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2014, 10:18 AM   #4
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boink View Post
I was hit with a huge storm with hail the day I purchased my car...drove it back from NY to MD. Luckily I have a vert, so my dings were all of the hood. I too couldn't really see the damage unless it was under certain light, but it just bugged me. I went with a local PDR guy out of pocket and it turned out perfect. Plus it kept it off insurance records since it was a minor thing...
agreed it really bothers me as well. I'm thinking I will wait til spring 2015 since car will be stored in a couple months for winter, that way I can save more dough then I wont feel bad starting spring with the dents fixed sounds like a good plan to you guys?
Old 07-19-2014, 11:20 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Don't sweat the small stuff. If you can't justify it, then it's not a big deal. Having a few hail dents won't hurt anything.

Yes I edit my posts a lot, auto correct likes to sabotage me!

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:58 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Ikr, also my finances are killing me. I lost the decent job I had am scraping by hard and I hope I don't have to get rid of the car. I feel like if I can somehow cut down on food expenses and stay home as much as possible I'll be OK. Makes me want to cry cus a year ago my bank balance was epic, good job + 25 years of saving and being thrifty, now I'm pretty much living pay check to pay check.

and i hate the bodyshop people, they don't care how much im struggling they just kept saying "bah your car looks like **** you need to get that fixed or your better off not driving the mustang"
Old 07-20-2014, 06:18 AM   #7
Road Trip!

im gonna have to sell the car i just cant afford it, this kinda **** is for rich people, i might be ending up on disability. its not worth stretching yourself and living in misery unless you can easily afford it. its just too much money for a toy. god pretty much takes everything away from me, so after all these years its no surprise.

theres a lot of people out there that have been waiting for the day i had to sell my stang, gods gonna give them a field day but i dont care anymore, im just focusing on getting through this life smoothly as possible then i will stop existing after i die.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:35 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
It's all about what you can or cannot live with. A taxi hit me two years ago on the rear drive side quarter panel. I have two small dents that the body shop said would cost $1200 and with my ins deductible, $500 out of pocket. Everyday I see it it drives me nuts but shelling out the $500 and loosing my car for a week, I just have not been able to do it.

Like I said, its what you can live with....

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
cmegnin1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT