Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Input on my suspension build list?

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  C_Dailey95 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 gt and have some quick suspension questions...I'm putting together a build list for stuff to buy asap. I've searched the forums but still unclear on exact pieces and wanted to get some opinions to basically make sure I am on the right path. This car will not see the track - stock wheels and tires at present, upgrading to staggered 19/20 after summer.

eibach sportline spring kit (1.6/2.0 - f/r drop) car has 50k miles on it...with that drop, new shocks and struts as well? Any recommendations or just stock ones since it won’t be tracked?

BMR adjustable panhard bar – may also get the beefier reloaction bracket but is it necessary??

J&M Camber Plates for the front…no camber bolts for the back, right?

For the rear 1 Whiteline Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm w/ Mount and 2 nonadjustable BMR Rear LCAs with BMR Rear Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets, is this the correct setup? I’ve read to stay away from adjustable rear LCAs just because of too much adjustment going on if there is a problem dialing it in.

Do I need the Ford Racing GT500 Style Strut Mount Upgrade? Just in case mine crumble when I take them off…It’s dry and hot in AZ

Am I missing anything else? Thanks for your help.

See less See more
#3 ·
How does adding 1500 dollars to my build list benefit my car at all when I do not intend to race it whatsoever. Are they needed that much more than springs for driving on the street?

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#4 ·
Go with springs. Coilovers are way too expensive for just a street car.

#5 ·
I have a 2006 gt and have some quick suspension questions...I'm putting together a build list for stuff to buy asap. I've searched the forums but still unclear on exact pieces and wanted to get some opinions to basically make sure I am on the right path. This car will not see the track - stock wheels and tires at present, upgrading to staggered 19/20 after summer. eibach sportline spring kit (1.6/2.0 - f/r drop) car has 50k miles on it...with that drop, new shocks and struts as well? Any recommendations or just stock ones since it won’t be tracked? BMR adjustable panhard bar – may also get the beefier reloaction bracket but is it necessary?? J&M Camber Plates for the front…no camber bolts for the back, right? For the rear 1 Whiteline Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm w/ Mount and 2 nonadjustable BMR Rear LCAs with BMR Rear Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets, is this the correct setup? I’ve read to stay away from adjustable rear LCAs just because of too much adjustment going on if there is a problem dialing it in. Do I need the Ford Racing GT500 Style Strut Mount Upgrade? Just in case mine crumble when I take them off…It’s dry and hot in AZ Am I missing anything else? Thanks for your help.
Anytime you lower a car shock & struts are recommended, I've heard nothing but great things about the Koni srt.t (orange)
You won't need GT500 strut mounts if your going with CC plates!
The panhard bar relocation bracket is only for more clearance if you put a bigger rear end cover.
Other than that it sounds like a good set up!

#9 ·
Because it looks like a 4 wheel drive vehicle in stock form. And yes, country roads haha. And my understanding is that if I want to lower it 1.5-2in, a lot of other parts become affected (LCAs, UCA, panhard, camber, shocks, struts).

#11 ·
At minimum you need the Panhard Bar and CC Plates. Your shocks and struts will go out quicker if they are stock so it's a really good idea to change those out as well. You don't need LCAs when lowering, but they help performance. An adjustable UCA is only needed when going to a one piece driveshaft while lowered/lowering.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

#13 ·
50k on the odometer...figured I would take care of the shocks/struts at the same time with the control arms...but if the CAs aren't necessary, then I'll skip them. Not like I haul ass over messed up roads anyway.

#14 ·
50k on the odometer...figured I would take care of the shocks/struts at the same time with the control arms...but if the CAs aren't necessary, then I'll skip them. Not like I haul ass over messed up roads anyway. Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Yea shocks & strut are a good idea since they'll wear out a lot quicker & then u'll have to do the work all over again! An adj UCA is gonna help bring the driveshaft to the correct pinion angle when lowering, the 2 piece DS had some play in it but the lower u go the more out of specs it's going to be. LCA aren't necessary when lowering but will help performance & LCA Relo brackets help correct the geometry when lowering w/o them it can cause some wheel hop.

#15 ·
Because in the end, springs/shocks/struts and cc plates will be 1-200 dollars less than coilovers. And youre stuck at one height, and certain stiffness unkess you get adjustable shocks and struts. For a couple hundred more you get height adjustability and stiffness/dampening so you can make your suspension exactly how you like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.