what to do when you see a ferrari? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-01-2014, 07:06 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Minnesota
what to do when you see a ferrari?

its hard to believe the economy is bad considering how many ferraris i have seen this year, and i live in a small town...

i was driving yesterday and at a red light this guy in a ferrari convertible pulls next to me and he and his gorgeous blonde girlfriend were laughing at me and he says "nice car!" made me feel like complete ****. and btw i dont have a girlfriend, i picked the name angelsboyfriend cus i believe after i die ill have a girlfriend in heaven because i know ill never have one in this life.
AngelsBoyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2014, 07:11 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Well that escalated quickly.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:19 AM   #3
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelsBoyfriend View Post
btw i dont have a girlfriend, i picked the name angelsboyfriend cus i believe after i die ill have a girlfriend in heaven because i know ill never have one in this life.
Well that turned dark pretty quickly. As for what I do when I see a Ferrari, I usually give the owner a lil nod or a wave. Whether it's import or muscle, I appreciate a nice looking/sounding ride.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2014, 07:27 AM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Well that turned dark pretty quickly. As for what I do when I see a Ferrari, I usually give the owner a lil nod or a wave. Whether it's import or muscle, I appreciate a nice looking/sounding ride.
this thread has nothing to do about hating impots - but more so that the ferrari you give a nod to is looking down on you and wondering "does guy really think we are in the same league?" - that is IF he even looks at us, in which case he made fun of me.
AngelsBoyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:53 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Lmao hahaha
Old 08-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I think you have some confidence issues.

That aside, do you even know if they were laughing AT you? Perhaps he just told a terrible joke and she is pretending it is funny because he's loaded and she wants his money.

Also, is there any chance he actually meant it was a nice car?
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:52 AM   #7
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
this thread has nothing to do about hating impots - but more so that the ferrari you give a nod to is looking down on you and wondering "does guy really think we are in the same league?" - that is IF he even looks at us, in which case he made fun of me.
I happen to know quite a few people who own GTRs, Ferraris, McLarens, etc. All of them have been really good people. I think you may have just had a bad experience and now you just lump them all together based on what they drive. Try to have an open mind dude.

Sent from the Death Star.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:55 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
+1
GreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:58 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
its hard to believe the economy is bad considering how many ferraris i have seen this year, and i live in a small town...

i was driving yesterday and at a red light this guy in a ferrari convertible pulls next to me and he and his gorgeous blonde girlfriend were laughing at me and he says "nice car!" made me feel like complete ****. and btw i dont have a girlfriend, i picked the name angelsboyfriend cus i believe after i die ill have a girlfriend in heaven because i know ill never have one in this life.
Who cares about some rich jackass? If he was being sarcastic, then he's an a-hole and the girl is with him for a free ride. He'll get divorced one day and lose half his stuff, probably more than once. If you love your car, that's all that matters. There's always going to be someone with more money and stuff. Don't give people like that any power over you, ignore it, laugh and move on.

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #10
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I don't often see a Ferrari but when I do I wet myself.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:04 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
AngelsBoyfriend, how old are you?
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:07 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
If I was to guess, I'd say he is 17....

4.6, K&N CAI tuned, torque bar, SLP Exhaust
Old 08-01-2014, 09:12 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:56 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I hope your a girl because Angel is a males name... I never see Ferrari's I live in a crap town.
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:02 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
trololo
youoweme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:22 AM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
To tell the truth

If I hit the Lotto for ten million dollars I would not buy one of those overly complicated , expensive, uncomfortable Juke box looking SUPER STUPID CARS. No Way would I want one.
I would buy a Shelby "SUPER SNAKE"
I live in Daytona where I see these goofy cars all the time along with Lambo crap. If someone gave me one I would sell it and get the Super Snake. I have ridden in and drove all three and I'm telling you "Other then the Shelby " they are not much fun to drive slow in traffic. I also have a friend with a Audi R8 that I like a whole lot better the a Ferrari or Lambo.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:

Bruh, you have a nice car too. Why do you care what someone else thinks?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Cam Capollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post

Classic...

Old 08-01-2014, 10:42 AM   #19
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
At a gas station I told a guy he had a nice car (red Ferrari convertible) with a blonde girl too lol and I got a and he kept going on with his life....... no big deal
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:50 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I'm more of a Dodge Viper SRT guy.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:05 AM   #21
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I'm with you on the VIPER SRT

A great car. Way better then a Rolling expensive JUKE BOX LOOKING Ferrari. A whole lot less expensive and don't cost a grand for an oil change.
Ronnie
Old 08-01-2014, 11:06 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I know quite a few people who own exotics. A good friend of ours has a 08 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera, 14 911, 13 Maserati GranTurismo, etc. He is a great guy who would compliment any car he sees that is neat (price not meaning anything). Most of the exotic owners are really nice and don't care about how much a car costs. We get people who give us thumbs up all the time in the Lotus Evora and we always return the favor is it's a sweet ride.

2007 V6 Mustang (manual), Hurst/FR short throw, MAC dual exhaust, custom H-pipe, chin spoiler, GT front bumper, billet aluminum grill, GT500 rear bumper, GT500 wing, FR windshield banner, FR strut tower brace, LED interior lights, sequential taillights, FR side markers, slotted and drilled brakes, 93 Cobra teal painted (and cleared) stripes, etc.
Aventador97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
A great car. Way better then a Rolling expensive JUKE BOX LOOKING Ferrari. A whole lot less expensive and don't cost a grand for an oil change.

Ronnie

Hey man I think you have to respect the exotics more. There are so many different types of cars and car guys. Each has their reasons for loving the cars they have. We all just have different tastes. They are not crap by any means though, just like the muscle cars aren't just useless cars that can't turn and aren't practical.

2007 V6 Mustang (manual), Hurst/FR short throw, MAC dual exhaust, custom H-pipe, chin spoiler, GT front bumper, billet aluminum grill, GT500 rear bumper, GT500 wing, FR windshield banner, FR strut tower brace, LED interior lights, sequential taillights, FR side markers, slotted and drilled brakes, 93 Cobra teal painted (and cleared) stripes, etc.
Aventador97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:14 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventador97 View Post
Hey man I think you have to respect the exotics more. There are so many different types of cars and car guys. Each has their reasons for loving the cars they have. We all just have different tastes. They are not crap by any means though, just like the muscle cars aren't just useless cars that can't turn and aren't practical.

+1

Old 08-01-2014, 11:47 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I live in Naples, FL. For those that don't know the town the wealth is ridiculous. Unfortunately I am not in that boat lol, but i do alright. I literally can't recall the last day I didn't see a Ferrari, Lambo, Bentley, Rolls or McLaren. I STILL get all 14 yr old boyish each time though. Reach for the Camera phone and stare. I usually give a nod or a thumbs up. One of the things I love about living here are the constant reminders of where I will be if I just keep working hard and moving forward.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I live in NYC, not much Ferraris or Lambos around, the people who do bring it out on the weekends, it's just fun to watch them bounce up and down the horrible streets, fast and low is a no go in this city.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #27
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Aventador97

I like my friends that own these cars. They are good car people. I have had a chance to drive and ride in these expensive cars and guess what??? I did not like the Lambo or any of the Ferrari's. They are not worth the expense to maintain them. They are not comfortable and the Lambo's you can't see a damn thing out of the windows.
Every single person that owns the cars I'm talking about all have other normal cars that they use.
Just because those things look different sure don't make them any good.
About 40 years ago I had a 1956 Gull wing. It was the costliest piece of garbage on the road. (((I sure wish I still had it today))) I think I paid $1,500 back then. They cost a fortune now to the collectors.
I know that some people love the Super Cars. NOT ME.
I would say 99% of the people that own those cars are very good people. But there is always going to be that 1% butt-holes that are snobs.
I do admit I like looking at some of those cars but I sure don't want to own one.

Of course I LIKE looking at my MUSTANG TOO !!!
Ronnie
Old 08-02-2014, 07:23 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanine View Post
I live in NYC, not much Ferraris or Lambos around, the people who do bring it out on the weekends, it's just fun to watch them bounce up and down the horrible streets, fast and low is a no go in this city.

Ha! I have seen the same and cannot believe that someone would drive a Lambo or such on NYC roads. My Stang is horrible on these roads with stock suspension, I can't even imagine what it must feel like in an exotic.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
cmegnin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:28 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I've driven a Ferrari 355, 360 and ridden in a 458.

The 355 just plain sucks.

The 360 is I think, is a perfect Ferrari, however, it's a lot slower than you would think. If I were to buy a DD Ferrari, this would be it. I wonder how much better the 430 is..

The 458 is OMG awesome... I still think I would rather have a new Viper.

As far as the owners of these types of cars. Well, some of them are just car enthusiasts like the rest of us, I'd guess around 33% of them are in this category. These are the people will stop to talk about their car or yours. These are also generally the people who made their own money.

The other 33% are just people with a lot of money and like expensive things.

The final 34% are just A holes who buy these cars to look important, when in reality, they are making payments on everything, generally are very close to broke and have their head so far up their own asses that they think they are in heaven. These are the people who look down on everything and everyone.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:51 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Capollo View Post
I'm more of a Dodge Viper SRT guy.

+1, I like the Viper, the C7, R8, the 2015 Challenger (even if it is a boat), and the Camaro SS 1LE.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:36 AM   #31

Region: West Virgina
There are truly nice people that have money for such a classy toy... And there are pricks with money... Sounds like you met up with the latter. Either way... karma is a b*#ch... She'll come knocking on his door eventually....

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
travcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #32

Region: Illinois
Quote:

Came across a Lambo..... Could have smoke him...... Have a video to prove it..
Barret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:46 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barret View Post
Came across a Lambo..... Could have smoke him...... Have a video to prove it..

Wheres the part where you do the ricer flyby??
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:01 AM   #34

The lambo was on the flat bed in the vid near the end. I have to tell you the cars around here are pretty serious! I have seen 5-6 lambos in my area.... Yesterday I went head to head with a Wrx/sti and it was too close for my liking. Have to get my lightened flywheel installed, new clutch on the way and even with my mods I am not standing out like I should..... Mods include K&N CAI, BBK throttle body, BBK headers, BBK high flow cats, BAMA tune, soon to be: stage 4 exedy clutch, lightened flywheel, pulley (? Undecided) and ford racing cams. How strong is this 4.6???? Could it handle a super charger, or do I need to upgrade internals prior??? Eventually want to compound the boost with turbos too.... Eventually.... Like next year.

Barret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Obvious troll is so obvious..........
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT