FRPP Hi-Flow Cylinder Heads - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-08-2014, 09:32 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

FRPP Hi-Flow Cylinder Heads

I've noticed that FRPP has released new cylinder heads for the 4.6 motor that are a bit more expensive than the original CNC ported heads (I believe approximately $1600 each as opposed to $900 each for the original FRPP heads). I currently have FRPP hot rod cams, FRPP intake manifold, BBK TB, JLT CAI, Long Tubes and Borla Cat Back. Has anyone installed these new Hi-Flow heads with a similar set up? If so, what are your numbers looking like? (I am currently at 330 rwhp). Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2006 GT - JLT CAI, BBK Throttle Body, FRPP Hot Rod Cams, FRPP Intake Manifold, American Racing LT Headers with High Flow Cats, Borla Stinger Cat-Back, FRPP 4.10 Gears, Hurst Short Throw, Steeda Lowering Springs, Tokico D-Spec Shocks and Struts, Steeda Upper and Lower Control Arms, Steeda Front and Rear Sway Bars, Steeda End Links, Torque Box Brace, Steeda adjustable Bumpsteer, Boss Comp Front Control Arms, Steeda Shock Tower Brace, Raxiom Gen5 Style Tail Lights, Custom Tune from Realspeed - More to Come!
jhealy608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2014, 12:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
If you're at 330rwhp do you think you can get it to 400rwhp with heads and cams?

Sloww_3V 🚗💨💨
Sloww_3V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:00 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I'm interested in this as well. I've got FRPP cams/heads/im/tb/cai/dyno tune in my future for my 4.6 as well.

Btw OP, you should really setup your garage here, you've got a super clean pony from what I can see in your sig. List your mods and add some pics.
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2014, 01:01 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
@2 Stangz how much horsepower are you putting down with those mods?

Sloww_3V 🚗💨💨
Sloww_3V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:03 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Might want to read my post again, the only mods I have are the ones in my sig.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:50 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloww_3V View Post
If you're at 330rwhp do you think you can get it to 400rwhp with heads and cams?

Sloww_3V 🚗💨💨

That's actually the question I am looking to answer. From what I have read, it looks like you could gain somewhere between 50-60rwhp with these heads and my set up. I wanted to see if anyone had actually gotten to those numbers with a similar set up to mine. Ideally, I want to get my 289 to hit 400rwhp still NA.

2006 GT - JLT CAI, BBK Throttle Body, FRPP Hot Rod Cams, FRPP Intake Manifold, American Racing LT Headers with High Flow Cats, Borla Stinger Cat-Back, FRPP 4.10 Gears, Hurst Short Throw, Steeda Lowering Springs, Tokico D-Spec Shocks and Struts, Steeda Upper and Lower Control Arms, Steeda Front and Rear Sway Bars, Steeda End Links, Torque Box Brace, Steeda adjustable Bumpsteer, Boss Comp Front Control Arms, Steeda Shock Tower Brace, Raxiom Gen5 Style Tail Lights, Custom Tune from Realspeed - More to Come!
Old 08-11-2014, 07:51 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
I'm interested in this as well. I've got FRPP cams/heads/im/tb/cai/dyno tune in my future for my 4.6 as well.

Btw OP, you should really setup your garage here, you've got a super clean pony from what I can see in your sig. List your mods and add some pics.

This show' show new I am to these forums, I don't even know what a garage is haha. But I can certainly set it up!

Old 08-11-2014, 08:30 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhealy608 View Post
Ideally, I want to get my 289 to hit 400rwhp still NA.
A 4.6 is a 281.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:34 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
A 4.6 is a 281.

Gah! My mistake, I always write 289!

Old 08-14-2014, 09:56 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's actually the question I am looking to answer. From what I have read, it looks like you could gain somewhere between 50-60rwhp with these heads and my set up. I wanted to see if anyone had actually gotten to those numbers with a similar set up to mine. Ideally, I want to get my 289 to hit 400rwhp still NA.

I have a NA 3v. It put down 372 at 5500 with the stock intake.
It stopped making power at that low rpm because the intake quit out. That was not corrected hp and it was 100 degrees out. Once I get a new intake it should build power up to 7000. I'm looking for 410-420 rwhp.

It can be done. But from one 3v owner to another. It's not cheap....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
S197Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

^Interesting. What mods do you have done?

Old 08-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
^Interesting. What mods do you have done?

Everything you can do to a NA car. But I have the stock intake. And I'm running 11.4:1 compression

Old 08-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by S197Miller View Post
I have a NA 3v. It put down 372 at 5500 with the stock intake.
It stopped making power at that low rpm because the intake quit out. That was not corrected hp and it was 100 degrees out. Once I get a new intake it should build power up to 7000. I'm looking for 410-420 rwhp.

It can be done. But from one 3v owner to another. It's not cheap....

Good to know! and that's kind of what I am wrestling with, because for the same price, or even a little cheaper than the high-flow heads - and all associated hardware - everyone keeps telling me to supercharge it. doing so would net more horsepower and torque. But call me crazy, I want to get everything I can out of the motor before going down the forced induction route.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:30 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Good to know! and that's kind of what I am wrestling with, because for the same price, or even a little cheaper than the high-flow heads - and all associated hardware - everyone keeps telling me to supercharge it. doing so would net more horsepower and torque. But call me crazy, I want to get everything I can out of the motor before going down the forced induction route.
I'm not kidding when I say it's expensive. Be prepared to spend twice as much as going the blower route.
Would I go back and do it differently? I'll let you know once I get a new intake and the tune running right. Lol

Old 08-14-2014, 04:34 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not kidding when I say it's expensive. Be prepared to spend twice as much as going the blower route.
Would I go back and do it differently? I'll let you know once I get a new intake and the tune running right. Lol

Haha please let me know! I guarantee you'll have your new intake and tune before I save up for these heads.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:37 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
On more thing. If you build a full out NA motor that you want good power from. You most likely are going to have to raise the compression. Which you won't be able to boost on. So keep that in mind. You can't build a high horsepower NA motor that will be a blower motor later on.

I'm running 11.4:1 compression. My dreams of boosting are gone. But spraying is surely in my sight. Lol

Old 08-17-2014, 09:29 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I think muscle mustang and fast fords did an article where they used those heads with different combinations of other ford racing parts. I'll see if I can find the article again.

2010 Mustang GT steeda CAI, steeda underdrive pulleys, mangapack catback, kooks long tubes w/ hiflo cats, accel coils, FRPP throttle body
Old 08-18-2014, 07:18 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
On more thing. If you build a full out NA motor that you want good power from. You most likely are going to have to raise the compression. Which you won't be able to boost on. So keep that in mind. You can't build a high horsepower NA motor that will be a blower motor later on.

I'm running 11.4:1 compression. My dreams of boosting are gone. But spraying is surely in my sight. Lol

Ah, that's really good to know!

Old 08-18-2014, 02:53 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Here's the article. It's a pretty good read.
http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-t...g-results.html

2010 Mustang GT steeda CAI, steeda underdrive pulleys, mangapack catback, kooks long tubes w/ hiflo cats, accel coils, FRPP throttle body
Old 08-19-2014, 12:24 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Great, now I want new heads.
2006 GT, C&L RACER INTAKE, FRPP THROTTLE BODY, FRPP INTAKE MANIFOLD, FRPP HOTROD CAMS, FRPP SHORTY HEADERS, CUSTOM X PIPE, BORLA ATAK MUFFLERS, FRPP SPRINGS, BAMA TUNE, CERVINIS STALKER II HOOD, STREET SCENE GEN 1 FASCIA AND REAR VALANCE
Dago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:00 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Go boosted my stock 3 valve made 380whp on 7lbs & 420whp better tune and full exhaust

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Delacruz36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT