Want your guys opinion - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Want your guys opinion

So heres my situation, i leave for bootcamp for the air force this Monday. Im having trouble deciding what to do with my car.

Sell it, buy a 5.0 in 6-8 months?

Or...

Keep it, and build it. Id do full bolt ons, gears and maybe heads and cams. Then maybe boost in the future. Id ike to be 450-550 to the wheels. And suspension.

The only thing that would influence whether i sell it or not would be where i get sent, over seas or somewhere that snows in that case id get a subaru haha.

Anyway, what would you guys say? Right now it has 51,5xx miles. Payed off.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2014, 01:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Thanks for your upcoming service to our country.

I love my 2007, but the 4.6 will always have limitations. I'd say sell. Sounds you're going to have limited time to spend messing with it If you don't like the 15's or don't want to she'll out the bucks, then should be able to get a deal on 14. A lot of people are threatening to keep their 12-14's, but a ton of people will trading theirs in for 15's.
Good luck with basic training and be safe

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
Thanks for your upcoming service to our country.

I love my 2007, but the 4.6 will always have limitations. I'd say sell. Sounds you're going to have limited time to spend messing with it If you don't like the 15's or don't want to she'll out the bucks, then should be able to get a deal on 14. A lot of people are threatening to keep their 12-14's, but a ton of people will trading theirs in for 15's.
Good luck with basic training and be safe

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.
Yeah im not a fan of the 15 haha. I even thought about a coyote swap in my car now, that way i dont have payments, and itd be cool to do something different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2014, 02:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Keep it. You will be rushed to sell it by Monday. What AFSC will you be?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
What's the reason for going FI? Track goals or just for fun? Any reason you need to get past the 450HP mark our cars usually top at with stock internals? If it's just for fun and 450 is enough, then I'd keep the car since it's paid off and go with bolt-on's and FI. If you're goal is go beyond the 450, then I'd probably look at a 5.0 and build from there...

You could even do a DOB kit if you're mechanically inclined and get to that 450 number pretty cheap...
Department of Boost - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Old 08-22-2014, 02:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Keep it. You will be rushed to sell it by Monday. What AFSC will you be?
I wont be selling it anytime soon, it wont be till after tech school i get rid of it. But im open mechanics, going for propulsion mechanics or helicopter mechanics
Old 08-22-2014, 02:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boink View Post
What's the reason for going FI? Track goals or just for fun? Any reason you need to get past the 450HP mark our cars usually top at with stock internals? If it's just for fun and 450 is enough, then I'd keep the car since it's paid off and go with bolt-on's and FI. If you're goal is go beyond the 450, then I'd probably look at a 5.0 and build from there...

You could even do a DOB kit if you're mechanically inclined and get to that 450 number pretty cheap...
Department of Boost - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
For fun and for racing
Old 08-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95 View Post
I wont be selling it anytime soon, it wont be till after tech school i get rid of it. But im open mechanics, going for propulsion mechanics or helicopter mechanics
Hold out till after tech school. You might be stationed stateside. How long is your tech school? If it's long enough and depending where it's at, you might be able to go home and bring your car to it. Nothing like having a set of wheels for the weekends. Leave it in the garage our outside with a cover. Have your parents start it every couple of days and if they have been real good, let them take a spin around the block.

Good Luck and Thank You for Your Service!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:37 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95 View Post
So heres my situation, i leave for bootcamp for the air force this Monday. Im having trouble deciding what to do with my car.

Sell it, buy a 5.0 in 6-8 months?

Or...

Keep it, and build it. Id do full bolt ons, gears and maybe heads and cams. Then maybe boost in the future. Id ike to be 450-550 to the wheels. And suspension.

The only thing that would influence whether i sell it or not would be where i get sent, over seas or somewhere that snows in that case id get a subaru haha.

Anyway, what would you guys say? Right now it has 51,5xx miles. Payed off.
Sorry forget to add this. When you fill out your DREAM SHEET, make sure you list those places you really want to go. On the part where it asks, If you have to go overseas, where would you like to go? I listed the Panama Canal Zone (second choice and I got it). This was back in 1975, I shipped my 1975 Cutlass Oldsmobile down. It cost me $500. When I went back to the states, I was offered $5,000 for my car. $1,500 more than the book but good cars were hard to get. Just one other thought.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hold out till after tech school. You might be stationed stateside. How long is your tech school? If it's long enough and depending where it's at, you might be able to go home and bring your car to it. Nothing like having a set of wheels for the weekends. Leave it in the garage our outside with a cover. Have your parents start it every couple of days and if they have been real good, let them take a spin around the block.

Good Luck and Thank You for Your Service!
Thank you! But Yeah that's my plan, im hoping to go back to californa, i hate texas haha, but my tech should be in wichita falls,qbkut 5.5 hours north of where im at now on texas
Old 08-22-2014, 08:11 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry forget to add this. When you fill out your DREAM SHEET, make sure you list those places you really want to go. On the part where it asks, If you have to go overseas, where would you like to go? I listed the Panama Canal Zone (second choice and I got it). This was back in 1975, I shipped my 1975 Cutlass Oldsmobile down. It cost me $500. When I went back to the states, I was offered $5,000 for my car. $1,500 more than the book but good cars were hard to get. Just one other thought.
I want to go back to california, or go to Europe, Germany or Italy.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:05 PM   #12

Region: New Mexico
I have a 2007 Shelby GT 500 SVT
I just replaced the battery , it has a 6 speed trans after replacing the battery it is dieing when I come to a stop and push the clutch in . ?????

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Fred Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:20 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Mays View Post
I just replaced the battery , it has a 6 speed trans after replacing the battery it is dieing when I come to a stop and push the clutch in . ?????

Check the alternator if the battery won't hold a charge. Are you rolling the car off after a stop?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-07-2014, 12:23 PM   #14

Quote:

No I'm not rolling It will start right back up with no problem

Old 09-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
The military will pay for you to ship 1 POV if you are stationed overseas. Source: I'm a staff sergeant in the active army. You don't need any bolt on for 450RWHP. I have the roush TVS, no bolt ons. Totally stock except supercharger and axle back. I made 452RWHP. If you want to go much beyond that, you will need to forge the bottom end. The. You can just swap pulleys and be upwards of 550

silvr002001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:32 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
No I'm not rolling It will start right back up with no problem

So it's doing it when it drops to idle or below a certain rpm? Try keeping the engine above idle at stops. Also you could check injector pulse or fuel pressure. Also how many miles and has it ever been tuned up?
Old 09-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #17

Yes when it go down to idle , will stay run if you Riv the motor wasn't dying before I replace the battery and it idles down more now , don't know about when it was last tuned up ! I've had it two weeks

Old 09-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

This is a full-on hijack here Fred but try disconnecting your battery again for about 20 minutes. It may help if you let the engine cool for a few hours also.
Reconnect the battery and then start the car and just let it sit there and idle for at least 15 minutes. The computer needs to relearn the idle 'trims" for the engine.
Then go drive it for while and see if that helps.

If this doesnt work... Start a new thread!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:45 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Hijack???!! No way fred's problem is totally relevant and related to this kids question.

Actually it's the most blatant hijack I've ever seen. Good luck to you Fred, but wow just start your own thread buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
silvr002001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:38 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
If you really like the one you have, maybe the cotoye swap you mention is the way to go. Not a cheap alternative but buying a new one would be much more.
2014SGM is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT