More mods! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
More mods!

I've got an 05 GT that I bought stock and I'm starting to get some mods for it. I've already picked up a K&N intake along with a bama tune and I've also just put on a UPR offroad x pipe

I'm seeing many s197s with UDPs and I'm starting to want to get some. I've heard the gas mileage increases a bit and there's some ponies freed up... Are they worth it?

I am planning on doing longtubes too once I save the money for them. If there's any do's and don'ts please chime in!

As for a TB I've heard several stories of drivability issues with most except for the ford racing one.. Which I can't for see paying over $300 for, I would rather do longtubes

But other than those, what can I do to squeeze more ponies out!?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
96smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2014, 11:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
4.10 gears, headers, pullies, lower control arms, cams

Dont worry about a throttle body, won't do much for you.
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96smoke View Post
I've got an 05 GT that I bought stock and I'm starting to get some mods for it. I've already picked up a K&N intake along with a bama tune and I've also just put on a UPR offroad x pipe

I'm seeing many s197s with UDPs and I'm starting to want to get some. I've heard the gas mileage increases a bit and there's some ponies freed up... Are they worth it?

I am planning on doing longtubes too once I save the money for them. If there's any do's and don'ts please chime in!

As for a TB I've heard several stories of drivability issues with most except for the ford racing one.. Which I can't for see paying over $300 for, I would rather do longtubes

But other than those, what can I do to squeeze more ponies out!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer1099 View Post

^ Definitely some good recommendations here. I would recommend a set of Gears, Control Arms, Headers, Driveshaft, Shifter, Suspension etc.. These are all great mods and you'll be really happy with them! Underdrive pulleys are becoming a bit more popular for the S197 as well. Go for it!

Let us know if we can be of any assistance at all. I'd be happy to help!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2014, 12:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer1099 View Post

Definitely going to be doing headers. Which LCAs do you recommend? And are you saying 410s from personal experience? It is my daily driver and I'll do a mixed amount of highway and city driving

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
96smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 11:44 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96smoke View Post
And are you saying 410s from personal experience? It is my daily driver and I'll do a mixed amount of highway and city driving

I have 4.10s on my daily driver and I can tell you that it will really light up that rear end. It's one of the best mods for our cars IMO. As for drivability for a daily driver, you will suffer a little on the gas mileage, but it won't be too much. I didn't buy my stang for gas mileage, so idk why anyone else on here would worry about it either. On the highway I'm at 2k in 5th while going 60. Just the other day I got up to 95-100mph in 4th gear. I also have the steeda CAI paired with a 93 race tune, UDPs, LT headers, X-pipe, muffler deletes, and it really pulls hard in the higher rpms. So I think those mods paired together make a good combination. Even on a daily driver. And with those 4.10s you're going to be going through 1st-3rd pretty quickly. I'd recommend a short shifter. It wouldn't be absolutely necessary, but it will be very beneficial.
YutStang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT